Author Topic: Chyropractics as a new class of skill  (Read 681 times)

Leafmint

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Chyropractics as a new class of skill
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:23:26 pm »
Might be worth a look. These new-fangled helmets are heavy. Many a hero without adequate medical attention may be prone to headaches and neck aches in their old age.

Josellis

Re: Chyropractics as a new class of skill
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 07:30:30 pm »
ehmm, yes, I guess it could be interesting, but, did middle-age europe have chiropractors? I thought chiropractic was only something fairly modern? Anyway, healing them from fatigue could be done buy mixes of herbs, or a special potion, or even buy giving gifts to Talad or Laanx.

lol, in Middle-Age, they kept wounds open until no more blood was left within the person, because they thought that the blood was the evil within a person ...

Leafmint

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:37:30 pm »
 :) True. Modern chryopractics is relatively new... less than 200 years anyway... However.... when the first batch of heroes come along complaining, the ever ready medical proffession (read shaman) should be prepared to profit from their misery. Wear that crazy hat long enough and a new science is invented. Its a case of using your head... or rather whats on it.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 09:16:49 pm »
There's more to medicine than the shaman. Hydlaa does have a surgeon.

Raleigh

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 09:50:01 pm »
There's more to medicine than the shaman. Hydlaa does have a surgeon.

Surgeon? Will this surgeon use a mind glyph spell to block pain sensations as a form of anesthesia and a crystal way's glyph to keep the patient alive?

Or will his surgeries be based on the old "anesthesia" known as booze?

Anyway, this open new possibilities as well for roleplay.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:58:58 pm by Raleigh »

Pizzasgood

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 10:45:21 pm »
I like to use the "heavy club" glyph when administering anesthesia.  Good thing I'm not a surgeon... :whistling:
Did you get the number on that one-eyed rat?

Narure

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 05:38:03 am »
Or the more commonly used 'shudab ya screemin, do ya wana ya leg ta go green?'

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 12:25:47 pm »
I've known about people that RPed massage practitioners ... and were able to heal others with their massages to a degree. This probably comes close to what you imagine.

Either way, I don't see why it couldn't be RPed at all ... as long as you can dress it up nicely, according to the timezone, and use some more fantasy-like names instead of the modern medicine's knowledge. However I wouldn't make any possible medicinal theory or technique in a seperate skill, let alone a skill class. Just one skill (healer for example) should suffice to group together all non-magical practices. This skill should unlock certain actions/techniques like setting broken bones, patching up cuts, chiropractic techniques, accupressure, surgery techniques, etc.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Mornox

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 10:01:55 am »
In recent months I've seen a clear need for Chiropractors, particularly for particular female characters.  They're constantly leaning forward to stretch, looks as though they must be in pain.

I wish I could help, but big kran has no skill and might break the soft people.