Author Topic: The Dark Tournament [RP]  (Read 1360 times)

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
The Dark Tournament [RP]
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:06:11 pm »
A poster located in the Oja and Hydlaa taverns read:

The Dark Tournament
A tournament to test ones might with magic and blade
One that will be fought for weeks on end
Till a final match to decide the victor
One with no rules, no restrictions
Fight your own matches, keep track of your wins and losses
And in the end if you are lucky you will enter the final battle
And the one who is greatest will win the reward
A weapon unseen by the eyes of many
Tommorow starts the beginning of this great battle

[OOC:

Rules

Battles
This tournament is to be an role playing battle tournament.  That means fights, what happens before, during and after, are to be done in character.  PvP is not discouraged but if you don't plan to do any role playing then you are not encouraged to join.  Because fights can be held without any tournament official to watch and keep track there are 3 ways to deal with difficulty in an rp fight.  Either oocly make the tie a draw and think of an RP way to also draw it, finish the fight using PvP, or use dice to determine how the fight goes.  The same goes for pvp and the dice fights.  If your having difficulty with pvp or dice then find a different way to solve it or just tie it.  If there is a big problem between competetors then contact me to solve the issue.

Items, Magic, Weapons
The use of items, magic, and weapons of any kind are allowed during battles.  This means that potions can be used in pvp but also I wanted to mention that before two people pvp they can decide whether or not to use potions.  Magic is permitted but should only be used after the duel starts if pvp.  Weapons of any kind of course are welcome.  Remember if you have any problems with magic or potions being allowed think that this is not supposed to be a pvp tournament which is why I leave that up to competetors

Plot
One by now would probably wonder, why hold this kind of tournament if someone could just fake all their wins to try and get to the final part.  The fact is that is immpossible because this tournament has a role play plot behind it.  Thats why role playing is stressed, else you really can't enjoy the tournament at all.  I'm not going to get deep into this whole plot aspect but know that as the tournament progresses you will realize and understand how it really works. 

Recording Wins
There are two ways you can record your wins.  You can either have them be posted here or just keep your wins and losses counted yourself.  Doesn't matter with me really how you keep track but its a good idea to keep track

Challenging
Inorder to actually challenge another person to a fight officially you must only ask them if they are a participant.  If they are and they except your challenge rp wise then you both fight.  Whether you want someone to judge, etc is up to you.  And as I said before difficulties with rp, pvp, etc should be solved between the players and if its a real problem brought to me oocly.

Other
There will be an opening event hopefully tommorow (no specific time) but if there is not one just know official matches will then start the day after.  This will be my last big rp before I leave ps (hopefully to return).  Hope everyone has lots of fun with this and if I forgot to mention something in this thread don't hesitate to ask  ;D ]
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Edicho

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Tournament [RP]
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 07:54:52 am »
Erm.... is it only me who is thinking that big server lag will make almost impossible to make these duels fair?
the event itself sounds interesting but current lag desn't let much people to use their fightstyle...

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 05:55:09 pm »
Thats why I said its an rp tournament.  I'm not trying to say if you want to pvp its not allowed but this is mainly for rp fighters and not pvp fighters.  Also remember the whole concept is not a regular tournament but an rp itself.  Pretty much its not like a regular tournament and if your just joining to try and pvp then there really is no point to joining at all.  I only still allow pvp for people who would not prefer to rp every match and if there is a problem with the rp fight and a tie breaker is needed.
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Raleigh

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:41 pm »
Thats why I said its an rp tournament.  I'm not trying to say if you want to pvp its not allowed but this is mainly for rp fighters and not pvp fighters.  Also remember the whole concept is not a regular tournament but an rp itself.  Pretty much its not like a regular tournament and if your just joining to try and pvp then there really is no point to joining at all.  I only still allow pvp for people who would not prefer to rp every match and if there is a problem with the rp fight and a tie breaker is needed.

Although not a perfect solution, recommending people to read the content of the thread linked below before going straight into a RP Fight might avoid, at least in part, the bane of it: godmodding.

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=26809.0

Vrin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 10:21:39 pm »
Dagdan stands grinning ear to ear. Pondering if he should enter since he knows the swine that runs it.  With a shrug he decides to join knowing this could be the last chance to free his family from the grasp of duraza

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:09 am »
Alliva enters the turnament griting his teeth and grasping his swords "Duraza you will not get away this time. i will not allow you to harm my brothers and sister. You were lucky the last times" Alliva's body bursts into flame as his body lights with fire and his anger grows. "your liveing on borrowed time".
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Quitarias

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sugested solution:Quarantine and/or death sentence
    • View Profile
    • A MUD gladiator game.Press link and level to make me rich.
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:00:50 am »
[People you didnt find Duraza singning his name in the first post did you???So this either means you recognise the handwriting(It might as well been writen by someone else) or you just have supa sense's.]

Quitarias smirks upon noticing the poster and whispers to himself "Time to weave out the weak" Then he truns around and walks into the alleyways.
Singned
  -One serious case of nuty.

Narure

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:41:25 am »
[I owuld like to see some fighting guildlines enforced. I know pretty much everyone who will turn up to this is going to be a godmodder so we might as well use it to teach them how to RP a fight. Maybe you should think of somthing that will give a benifit to the non-ulber characters... I guess I've missed the start.]

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 05:54:43 pm »
[Thats why this tournament again is special.  I'm not promoting god modeling or trying to just gather a whole bunch of god mod rpers and say well these are the best rpers and they have the right to god model because they went though the tournament.  Another reason this rp was set up as a "plot" is because really the people who advance will be choosen for entirely different reasons then what they think being that "If I win lots of matches I will win the tournament."  Its set up so I can pick people not just from their characters strength but on an rp bases on how well they rp to whether or not they get to enter the tournament final.  So if you just win all your matches by god modeling theres almost no chance you will make it.  If you lose all your matches though you might for reasons that are apart of the rp plot.  I think thats they best way to elminate god rp. I will be enforcing the guidlines and even though I did not add the rule I will ban god rpers from the tournament completely.  If someone is frequently god rping their matches then just inform me and I'll make sure to take care of the problem.]

Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Irick

• Hydlaa Resident
  • *Meow*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 10:18:10 pm »
Irick Unknowingly finds himself in the tournament after some trickery on Duraza's part.
-Irick (frequent rper and Macie)
Though hidden in the shadows, my mind does not fear the Dark...

Head instructer of the Bujini-kyuuryuu-toutou-ryu

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 09:54:58 pm »
[for everyone currently involved I'm sorry its taking forever for something to happen.  My ability to get online has been kinda limited this week but I should free up some time by this weekend to really start things up.  For anyone with even an intrest of joining find someone already involved, talk to me ooc or ic ingame, I'm desperate to get competetors  \\o// ]
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 12:55:15 pm »
yes yes the more the merrier alliva is waiting to take on all chalangers
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Quitarias

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sugested solution:Quarantine and/or death sentence
    • View Profile
    • A MUD gladiator game.Press link and level to make me rich.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 09:33:12 am »
* Quitarias pets Alliva "Thats the spirit....Come on people dont you want to be torn to pieces for my entertainment "
Singned
  -One serious case of nuty.

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 05:05:29 pm »
[Ok I'm pretty much ready now so get ready to see lots of activity  ;D. Also if anyone is intrested in playing a "special position" in this rp and wouldn't mind making a new character for it please send me a pm or contact me oocly ingame.  I'll give specific details if you do and if you don't want to make a new character for it then just tell me that first]
Vertum, Will of Dakkru