Author Topic: Winch Prison. is it possible?  (Read 991 times)

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
Winch Prison. is it possible?
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:57:19 am »
Hello to all reading this topic.

Winch is a nice place with their towers, his main building, etc.... i was doing a quest and came to Hakik. following?
Then i saw these 6 places in which i could NOT get into. and then an idea came to me "Let this be a lesson for all, X was send to the Winch Prison."

but now here is some questions to think :
- 1) is it possible to add a time out? like after 10 mins you will be free again.
- 2) "cancel" any commands in prison. like /unstick and /die so that the players are NOT allowed to move anyway.       
- 3) (and a question totally OOC -> has this been discussed before? if yes , sorry ^^ )

http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Winch Prison. is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 08:28:11 am »
Most things have been discussed at least internally

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 07:44:23 am »
Most things have been discussed at least internally

These ideas have been discussed "externally" as well. 
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Unnamed_Source

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 10:12:03 pm »
- 2) "cancel" any commands in prison. like /unstick and /die so that the players are NOT allowed to move anyway.
No, no,,, no. Where's the fun in that? You have the timer ONLY tick away in the jail. While tagged as serving jail time, you pop out of DT straight into jail. That way if they /die its a long way back to that 6x4 hole in the wall and with the same time left before the departure. With the sentence over, you leave jail via DT but then pop outside, free.

Now, give the rest of  us some fun. if for what ever reason there IS an "escape" through /untick or other means, tag that individual with a Big Red Sign (BOUNTIED) above their head. Welcom to the Fugitive Guild, your membership will be short lived. Now with this tag anyone can challange you, automatically accept and hopefully hit, with no retaliation but with all the other combative norms. ie dodge armor etc, giving to the possibility of near misses. One hit death, no matter the damage, an insta-trip to the DT and then back to jail. No DP traded, nothing but the satifaction of "I got ya!" and to avoid cheats that would, with thier friends, just sit there tagging each other out and accumilating what ever reward was offered. Just a game of tag and hide and go seek. If the prison break candidate lives long enough, say 3x the original sentence the tag is waved.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:26:44 pm by Unnamed_Source »

stfrn

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • the beaver ex-dev :B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2007, 10:54:05 pm »
Yup, that was discussed as well... and it came down to, "well, feel free to implement it if you want it so bad"

The cvs is still in the same place  :innocent:
player -> gm -> dev -> bum

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:13:49 am »
Small prison cells to give folks a 'time out', where they can do nothing but stand around and watch a timer tick down? Don't know about you, but that sounds terribly un-fun. The 'escaping' thing would just lend to some folks to get repeatedly thrown in jail, just so they can escape and have people try to fight them. Very unrealistic as well, as any prison that was so easy to get out of would be shut down and rebuild rather quickly to keep those folks in.

The only reason for a time out would be to punish the player behind the character if they are misbehaving. Any in-character 'punishments' need to punish the character, -not- the player. Punishments -have- to be fun for the player. For this reason, I have suggested an entire prison map for 'criminals', where there are many 'prison' type things to do, skills that can only be learned there, and quests that you must start or continue there. It would be like the DR, but you could not get out until time was served. Certain quests within the prison could reduce your time. Being sent to prison would change your faction status with many of the factions inside and outside of the prison as well, making 'good' NPCs trust you less, while 'darker' NPCs (and even some Mobs that would 'become' quest giving NPCs) might open up more.

It would be quite the opposite of the Winch area and quest. It would be very easy to get into, but hard to get out of. Also, not everyone would -want- to go there, as it leaves a shadow on your character in terms of the factions.

LARAGORN

• Veteran
  • Facts dont cease to exist because they are ignored
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 09:30:29 am »
Some good ideas UTM ;) Once some of the various skills are impemented this could work very well. Where else but in a prison would people be able to learn 'Lock picking' or 'Back Stab', and any of the darker skills.

Another area of punishment could be knowledge. Most prisons have libraries, so part of your sentance could be learning about the settings in one way or another. An early release could be granted if a test of settings knowledge was taken.

Test results;
Fail = full term
60% = 8/10 of term
70% = 7/10
80% = 6/10
90% = 5/10
100%= time served

All great truthes begin as blasphemies- SHAW
Adraax KCP Adraax Forum

Siteri Kidachi

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 10:07:11 am »
The problem I see with it is, that with how hard it is to currently get into the Winch area, putting the jail there would cause a lot of people to intentionally get thrown in jail so that when they left, they'd be in the Winch area. (Unless people who were done with jail were tossed out the winch door and not allowed back in...)

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 03:44:16 pm »
Question: Why prison hast to be in winch zone? :s

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Raleigh

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 03:58:33 pm »
Question: Why prison hast to be in winch zone? :s

I wouldn't build a prison next to an important piece of infrastructure like it or like(if one existed) a space elevator.

Neither I would build one near a nuclear powerplant.... who knows what could happen if intense rioting or escapees ran amok?

Pizzasgood

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 09:11:55 pm »
On the other hand, it gives you a good way of putting down the riot.... :devil:
Did you get the number on that one-eyed rat?

Zwenze

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 07:52:14 am »
Well, there is allready a prison. But its not used atm I think. Ask some npcs about prison.