Author Topic: Leaving.  (Read 1103 times)

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
Leaving.
« on: May 19, 2007, 02:22:19 pm »
Hello all.  First off, I didn't know where to put this thread, so I just put it hear :D .

As many of you who know me may have noticed, I haven't been playing PS for sometime now.  I am afraid to say that I am leaving PS for a while.  I don't know if I'll come back; I may poke in here and there, but not much.  I've had a lot of fun playing [since about a month before CB came out] and made many friends.  Createing a guild was a very interesting and exciting matter as well.  So why am I leaving?
1) because of time. I do sports all year round, and I don't really have too much time to play PS.  I feel PS is a game where you should either invest a lot of time into it or not play it because, esp if you are a guild leader, you need to be there.  I'm going to college in August [yay UConn] and I'm not sure how much time I'll have there.  I also love to do other things like mountainbiking, kayaking, skiing, and stuff like that, and I found that PS really took a lot of time away from doing those things that I really love to do [and are healthier than sitting at a comp hehe].
2) The last month or so that I played, it seemed most of the concept of RPing that I had come to known was lost and replaced by powerlevelers and those who didn't RP very well or know how to RP.  This frustrated me, but oh well.
3) The game is not finished yet.  Alright, this might be a reason to stay as well [get a more mature crowd that way], but had to put it here :P
4) I've become tired of it honestly.  I do have fun while I play it, but sitting around waiting for friends to come on stinks.  I've done just about every quest i can do and got kinda bored of the repetitiveness.  [but not main reason.]

For anyone interested, I do play Guild Wars regularly.  IGN: Slithe Slivier.  Yes it is a completed game :P but I feel it is a game that I can play for short times and not have people depending on me to be very active.

I'd like to thank all my friends I have made on PS and I wish you all luck in the game.  I'd also like to thank the devs for taking on the noble task of PS and keeping at it for soooo very long.  good job.
Just some words of advice:
To Players:  Learn to Role-Play and your experience here will be greatly intensified.  You will have much more fun and other players, esp the veterans, will think higher of you.
To Devs:  Don't be too harsh and lose the notion that just because you created the game that we play means you are more important than us and are socially above us.  We are all equal.  [I found this trait in a dev or two and it annoyed me somewhat.  Also I know some others who have left the game just because of the devs].  None the less, I believe you are great people, so don't get me wrong.
To People as a whole: Joy and Happiness is the most important thing in life. Don't let anything or anyone get in the way of doing what you love the most.  Stay optimistic and your life will be great, worthwhile, and remembered.  Live the life you want and have a great time!

Goodbye,
Masoj Hunett
[Ben Cyr]

P.S.  I don't care if I gave my real name.  I like it and felt funny not saying it. 
Just for RP sake:
Masoj's cousin, who had apparently survived the destruction of his homeland, finally found Masoj and told him of the paradise he had found and a great place to live.  Masoj left with him to go to the surface world.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 02:26:40 pm by shorty13 »
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

Suno_Regin

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving.
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 08:32:03 pm »
I'll miss ya man. I haven't been on for a long time either, but I always come on the forums in my free time. =P

Hope you'll be back soon.

Asalya

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • The Enlightened Home
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 04:43:13 pm »
See you latter Masoj, it was awesome to be able to get to know you and you will be missed. The time I spent in your guild, The Dark Shadows, was and still is, some of my best memories. They are what keep me playing the most. During the time when the Dark Shadows were inactive was the time the Enlightened was created, and through the Enlightened, you will always be remembered.

Good luck to you and wherever life brings you next!

Asalya Meray

Guru Illuminatus
The Enlightened
www.the-enlightened.com

One and only tanner

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The internet makes you stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 04:48:25 pm »
Bye masoj!

Raleigh

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 04:52:49 pm »
The statistics grow up while the time is near, completion is impossible. Bye! Hope you find(or have found) a true free-form roleplay experience in a PnP RPG, because MMO and RP are two concepts that one way or another conflict among themselves. It will never replace the glad roleplay of a true hero/villain travelling a world and doing real things, the usual tavern and pillow-talk pales in comparison.

I can understand all the other given points as well, perhaps I should find something else, perhaps my time here is waning slowly...

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 12:24:42 am »
You totally ruined my yesterday.

oningo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 02:33:47 am »
hmmm .. i always wondered why you were not online. Thank god it wasnt some ill health or anything! So college huh?  ;) well enjoy it. Have fun. Yeah outdoor games are anyday better  :) . All the best man. Hope to see you around sometime..if its possible maybe in breaks or on some weekend. But guess college life is pretty exciting too  :) . Well Glad to have known ya while you were here. Take care  :)

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 03:49:02 pm »
Yea, I'll probably miss it too much after a while and come back for a bit....but I doubt anytime soon.

sigh
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 04:57:28 pm »
Farewell!
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

neko kyouran

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 02:06:33 pm »
Please don't leave me and your unborn child here alone!!!!! --     Hi Kiern!!!!  \\o//
The Great Linksunius

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:19:25 am »
Hey man.

I'm an unborn child?

Cool.

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile