Author Topic: OOC pulled IC like mad  (Read 2436 times)

socia

OOC pulled IC like mad
« on: May 24, 2007, 09:58:46 pm »
I'm only getting sad with latest ingame PS developement, about month ago I spreaded ooc word about getiing info about imperium and possible attack on them.. making sure that it is visible ooc I used [], I wonder why now imperium IC says that we are planing attack...

There was ooc talk about attacking Orders of Daggers oh why are we now 'icly' attacked by them that we betrade them?

and so on, it's like pushing me to do realy mass /ignore, why?

is it so hard to notice those [] and _don't_  pull them ic?

what if I say someone [I'm gay], next day people in game start attacking my fenki char because she's gay?

and than people ask me why I keep 90% of my RPs private between few persons.

John80sk

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: OOC pulled IC like mad
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:31:41 pm »
seperating IC from OOC is something most players just can't wrap their heads around... if you want something secret IC best to keep it as such OOC as well.
Jangeol Bakieck the Scarred
Dameve Angelun the Insane
Ehatihen the Cowardly Kran

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 11:42:03 pm »
Why the heck would you talk OOCly about IC activities in an open channel? It makes no sense to me. If you call up your buddy in another guild and tell him on the phone that your guild was going to attack his guild would you be surprised if they ambushed you next time you logged in.

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 11:49:26 pm »
And your statement proves the point that you can't seperate what happens IC, and what happens ooc.

socia

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2007, 11:54:49 pm »
oh interesting, where I said about open channel? everything happend in tells...

bilbous

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 12:38:34 am »
Fair enough, then. Tells are OOC by nature and do not need [] which is where I mistook your meaning. My question regarding the phone scenario becomes even more apt.

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 07:29:22 am »
I guess the point of this is, that people can't keep ooc information as ooc information. Not depending on the information. Socia could have said "whatever" (like she brought up the gay example).

People who claim to be good role players treat other chars IC for ooc happenings, for OOC rumors. I don't blame people who don't know much about roleplaying. But i blame those who do know what ic and ooc is and still use information given in [] in charachter. Every of those complaints when someone does not use [] in main chat and at the same time they simply ignore the [] and get the information ic.

The same scenario is about alt chars. Some people you can explain several times that char1 != char2 != char3 and so on. Still they keep caling you char1 when you're logged in as char3 - even in main chat when others are around.

@bilbous: Tells are not always ooc. If the person stands next to you it could be used as whisper. Also for sending messages via groffel-post :) And socia used the [] to make it sure for everyone that it is ooc.

Cheers, Cebot
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 07:31:22 am by Cebot »
So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end, when is my work done?
Why do I fight and why do I feel that
I carry a sword, that I carry a sword through a battlefield?

VNV Nation - Joy

Piriel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 07:43:23 am »
I guess the point of this is, that people can't keep ooc information as ooc information. Not depending on the information

And sadly this things happen to more and more people and quite a few I didn't expect to do so. Disappointing, is all I can say. :(

Nurahk

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2007, 07:46:13 am »
And to be expected.  Few people can know something without their characters knowing it as well.  Something to do with them getting too attached to their characters.

My advise is think before you say something OOC and never talk about plans.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2007, 11:03:16 am »
Also do not always assume the worst just because you don't understand how information leaked out.You're drawing conclusions for which you have no evidence .. it is still possible that whoever is involved got their information in a completely IC way which you don't know about.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Piriel

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2007, 11:33:24 am »
I spreaded ooc word about getiing info about imperium and possible attack on them.. making sure that it is visible ooc I used []

it is still possible that whoever is involved got their information in a completely IC way which you don't know about.

Yes, some people might have got it in an IC way. But still, since the information originated OOC, someone must have gotten it wrong and pulled it into IC. That's the whole idea really... Some people not being able to make the difference. If X tells something OOC to Y and Y takes it IC to Z, of course Z has no fault in this matter.

Zan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 12:13:08 pm »
Who says it was only stated OOC? Maybe someone else from the involved guild mentioned it IC, maybe someone eavesdropped on a conversation? Who knows ... sometimes jumping to conclusions can lead to the wrong ones.
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

socia

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 12:31:09 pm »
Zan don't react if you don't know what you are talking about or please just read what others already said, NO I DID SPREAD OOC RUMOR just to see this and point this out because I was gettiong angry of ooc becoming ic, now when I see how it went I could even start pointing finger on people, but would that be worth of it?

Only thing I'm doing is making you people think about it and start making difference between OOC and IC. no they had no chance to learn about it IC.

Zan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 12:58:58 pm »
That's all I'm doing as well, making people think in general ;) So I think I'll react anyways if I have something to say .. always keep an open mind.

P.S.: You already pointed your finger in a general direction, I'm not sure if that was worth it either.
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

socia

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 03:03:29 am »
no i didn't pointed finger as I didn't say where this thing started and where it changed to IC. Yes make people think and don't mix OOC and IC or this game will go down wery quickly.