Author Topic: Some notes  (Read 1509 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Some notes
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 09:06:39 pm »
Kill stealing is a bit of a hard subject for me to form an opinion on.  I can see it as totally ridiculous; then again I can see it as in if I were fishing a spot on a lake and some guy came in and started casting into the spot I had been for some time because he saw I was doing well.  But yea, random spawn points seem like a more realistic (can it be realistic?!) and better overall policy.

The thing is that kill stealing isn't even possible in Planeshift, unless you're talking about people claiming mobs at a distance using the arrow spell.  But people freak out all the time simply because someone else got to the mob first, and then you have to deal with five minutes of "BY THE GODS KILL STEALER YOU SUCK IM GONNA GET MY GUILD TO HARASS YOU BY THE GODS ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE COWARD!!!!!!1111ELEVEN".
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 09:11:43 pm by zanzibar »
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 07:02:33 am »
Kill stealing is a bit of a hard subject for me to form an opinion on.  I can see it as totally ridiculous; then again I can see it as in if I were fishing a spot on a lake and some guy came in and started casting into the spot I had been for some time because he saw I was doing well.  But yea, random spawn points seem like a more realistic (can it be realistic?!) and better overall policy.

The thing is that kill stealing isn't even possible in Planeshift, unless you're talking about people claiming mobs at a distance using the arrow spell.  But people freak out all the time simply because someone else got to the mob first, and then you have to deal with five minutes of "BY THE GODS KILL STEALER YOU SUCK IM GONNA GET MY GUILD TO HARASS YOU BY THE GODS ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE COWARD!!!!!!1111ELEVEN".

At least I'm not that way...Playing HaloPC CTF for 3+ years can give you a new appreciation for some things :P

Bartholin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • May the azure sun always shine on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2007, 03:13:18 pm »
 of "BY THE GODS KILL STEALER YOU SUCK IM GONNA GET MY GUILD TO HARASS YOU BY THE GODS ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE COWARD!!!!!!1111ELEVEN".
[/quote]

Ah.. i hear that often.. from "X" person and you know whom i talk of Zanz

Anyway.. the poster of the topic is incorrect when they say its impossible..

KS is defind as attacking a mob after someone has declared an attack already.
The mob becomes locked once.. and only once an attack has scored some damage, not when declared. So have a low weapon skill and your attacking a mob that is "fast" you could have missed the last 10 strikes in which case.. UH oh, lock is released and then KS.

I will make sure to post my thread about rules and such once i get around it to :P its bout 5pages in hand lol
* Bartholin Has fun making a Dust Army!
http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/ninjaps2/Planeshift/ {PS ss}
May the azure sun always shine on you and your path be pathed with gold. I will miss you all. Good bye.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2007, 05:34:53 pm »
"BY THE GODS KILL STEALER YOU SUCK IM GONNA GET MY GUILD TO HARASS YOU BY THE GODS ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE COWARD!!!!!!1111ELEVEN".

Personally, I'd use a V instead of an X, but yes I know who you're talking about.
Immaturity is FTW.

Raleigh

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2007, 09:08:41 pm »
"BY THE GODS KILL STEALER YOU SUCK IM GONNA GET MY GUILD TO HARASS YOU BY THE GODS ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE COWARD!!!!!!1111ELEVEN".

Personally, I'd use a V instead of an X, but yes I know who you're talking about.

Personally, if I were this person I would play Unreal Tournament 2004 or PlanetSide instead of PlaneShift.

I don't see why a so bland and dull duelling system still attracts people into it while any FPS and many other MMOGs not focused on RP have much better combat systems than PlaneShift. And yes, when I want action over storyline and roleplay I prefer my own skills on it.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 09:12:00 pm »

Personally, if I were this person I would play Unreal Tournament 2004 or PlanetSide instead of PlaneShift.

I don't see why a so bland and dull duelling system still attracts people into it while any FPS and many other MMOGs not focused on RP have much better combat systems than PlaneShift. And yes, when I want action over storyline and roleplay I prefer my own skills on it.

I think it's all about power.  It's about being better than everyone else, and being able to hurt everyone before they can hurt you.  Some people see people like V as sadists, but I think it's also possible they're simply afraid.

Immaturity is FTW.

Raleigh

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 09:18:34 pm »
A guy that calls himself V, wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, killing some "nazis" and blowing buildings isn't necessarily sadistic, just a somewhat insane and very anti-authority and anarchistic.

but I think it's also possible they're simply afraid.

"People should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people"

P.S.: I had to make this pun on the use of V for Duelling, oops, I mean, Vendetta.  >o)

socia

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 04:34:34 am »
KS is defind as attacking a mob after someone has declared an attack already.
The mob becomes locked once.. and only once an attack has scored some damage, not when declared. So have a low weapon skill and your attacking a mob that is "fast" you could have missed the last 10 strikes in which case.. UH oh, lock is released and then KS.

Its not ksing, if you are unable to make damage to npc, than you are blocking him, you have no right to have him. Again READ THE RULES.

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007, 02:14:31 pm »
 Hmm, I agree with most of it, but don't refer to your rules so aggressively ("Again READ THE RULES."). These kinds of things can only shape a portion of the community and most of the time they shape the part that doesn't need it that much. If someone goes as heavy on failing these rules as the person Zan describes, it isn't some player/forum-made ruling that is going to change their attitude.

"People should not be afraid of their government, the government should be afraid of their people"

This is true in Europe, to an extent :P

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire

Garile

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Some people forget it's a game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007, 06:06:50 pm »
*reads Socia's post and nods*

I tottally agree with all you said there. Most seems comon sence anyhow ;)

Haven't actually seen anyone using lol yet IC, but I have to admit if I get on in the morning there are so many people there that don't seem to know what IC means that I wouldn't be suprised there are timezones that it's going rampant.
Join the oldest cause.
Characters: Meriner(dead), Garile(dead), Yayelle, Ruicho, Almada