Author Topic: Graphics, Sound and Login Issue  (Read 489 times)

Industrialpyrate

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Graphics, Sound and Login Issue
« on: July 22, 2007, 07:27:07 pm »
I just downloaded this and tried it for the first time. I'm running a MacBookPro. I have the newest version fully updated. I get choppy sounds, MANY graphical glitches and it always tells me region login failed or something like that when I try to enter the world. Help plz?

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Graphics, Sound and Login Issue
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 07:32:18 pm »
have you run the pssetup application and checked load all maps? if so run it again and uncheck that. What kind of graphical glitches are you seeing?

Industrialpyrate

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 08:57:07 pm »
I have clicked that even though it's all hard to read. The updater and the setup are glitched as well. As far as what it looks like: have your ever played the regular pokemon games on gameboy color and purposely glitched it up possibly by the MissingNo. cheat and your screen turns many variations of green, grey, pink, purple and so forth pixels all over. Something like that

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 09:05:48 pm »
have you read this? http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=14416.0 [part about texutre compression]

Industrialpyrate

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 09:17:01 pm »
I installed that updater thing, and now the setup and client apps wont open at all

Garon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 07:30:17 am »
I installed that updater thing, and now the setup and client apps wont open at all

From what I understand, the updater shouldn't be run at this time.  Because you ran it, I think you'll need to reinstall in order to fix the fact that you just filled your client with a lot of outdated files.  You will note that you were told to read the Mac Client Status before following the Mac guide, and I will note that it says "Do NOT run the updater as the binaries have not yet been uploaded yet."

You were having graphical glitches, it had a point for those with graphical glitches... after reinstalling, because that's what I think you'll need to do, try solving your problem by following point "IMPORTANT1" in that guide.

----

Although I was under the impression that it's now off by default--it's certainly off already in my download.