Author Topic: this really stupid inventury stacking destroyed all my high quality swords - :(  (Read 1897 times)

neko kyouran

No, you're a tad bit off there.  You see, I can deal with critics as you say just fine, everyone is entitle to an opinion, whether that be good or bad doesn't bother me in the least.  If we didn't want to hear it, then this section wouldn't exist on the forum and any valid thread that points out something negative about the game would be deleted. 

No, my issue is I don't tolerate when people start marking false accusations and statements trying to pass it off as truth.   Get the facts straight or don't talk.

Auto stacking feature of swords or any item for that matter that dramatically change the quality of items is a bug, design flaw, so to say and has already had work done to improve things about it.  If you would read the bug tracker and change log history file about all the stuff that is getting worked on, fixed, updated, added, what have you, you would have known this.

If you can't deal with this particular issue in a grown up way then you might as well just stop playing because there will be item wipes and character wipes and all sorts of other wipes along the way to the final client.  If you wish to continue on, and that is your choice, no one is keeping you here, then you fully accept the notion that there will be bugs or wipes from time to time, and some, or all items, characters, stats, etc., may be reset or removed along the way of the game's development process, and as accepting this as fact, you may not whine about it as we have clearly told you time and time again that this game is in development, it is not complete, and these things will happen, and you either deal with it, or can move on.

stumagoo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
As far as wipes go I am really suprised at the way it is thrown around like it is an evry day occurance,  My first foray into planeshift must have been at least a year ago I believe even longer,  When I grabbed the game again 3 weeks ago I was impressed to find my old character was happily standing at the start of the DR with gear in his inventory.  Wipes may hapen and yes there are bugs but hell its only a game ... Year right!
You may know me as, Ragnom Ebbes or his seldom seen life long friend Magoos Utu

Tutoned

• Traveller
    • View Profile
As ever you only having your point of view. Take a look in the view sometimes of a player. Think of the time players spend to become stronger or what they do without any sense like crafting now. Go back the steps you developes the crafting for instance. It is really unbelievable. You giving new features , nobody knows that it is a bug. Later you saying we are cheaters and so on and so on... and the new autmatic stacking in the inventury and the inside containers are one of your gratest jokes - sorry -
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 06:38:49 pm by Tutoned »

saamu

• Traveller
    • View Profile
This a serious issue among the crafter while I think that Tutoned started this in the wrong tone, I can understand his frustration. I want to bring the issue back on track I posted what I think is the problem but in the wrong section. I reiterate my post.

Automatic Stacking - Any item moved from furnace, forge, combination table, ground (pickup) into an empty inventory slot is automatically stacked onto a similar item that is currently in inventory. For example... I have a 300Q SS in inventory. Just made a 180Q SS. I move the 180Q from the table to an empty slot in my inventory. The game automatically stacked (move) the 180Q onto the 300Q giving me two 240Q (approximately). I lost a irreplaceable 300Q SS. (*sigh* hopefully replaceable  in the future)

I believe this auto feature was added in response to the complains regarding the 'dishonest' stacking method of making 300Q swords. Auto stacking will not allow anyone (er... maybe only me  :D ) to craft (well keep) quality anything. Anything newly crafted will be averaged out giving average quality. There is no work around that I can think of. Even trading will auto stack I believe (There is a bug report on averaging of two different quality swords when traded Bug#2895)

I will like the old method back, meaning let me put my newly crafted item in the slot that I want and stack if I want. I for one will be grateful if this auto stacking is removed.

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Tutoned you cannot claim in the smallest way that anyone intended to hurt crafters. Everyone is still in a game that is being tested. You are one of the people testing it. As "players" make things know we do our best to fix them. Do not take an oppositional tone with us. You may have worked very hard for your items but i can assure you the team is working harder to make the game work. Bugs are innate to the process. Many of us began as players so forwarding the idea that we cannot see through your eyes is just wrong. Developers have little time to do all the coding and scripting let alone all of the testing needed to make sure nothing like this EVER happens to a player. So far as i know even people getting paid to do this work and the games associated with them do not make a policy of replacing items destroyed by bugs etc. I just hope you can roll with the punches and keep your attitude positive.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Saamu, your thread has already received a reply:

http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=29468.msg338042#msg338042
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

stumagoo

• Traveller
    • View Profile
This a serious issue among the crafter while I think that Tutoned started this in the wrong tone, I can understand his frustration.

Absolutely,  I agree,  A day or so before he posted the original post I (Ragnom ebbes) spent at least an hour mining and learning what he had to offer along side him (Tutoned) I found him to be curteous and freindly and was suprised at the way the post came across,  I understand his upset but I also see that (and while its not a big boon) he and all other crafters are getting some benifit, I see the upset at lossing quality on the high specced weapons but is anyone complaining about gaining quality on low specced weapons?? I know this does not make up for the bug but remember it is just that a bug, I doubt result we are seeing is intentional and as with all things planeshift I urge we just hold fire untill we get a confirmation that it is intended to stay this way.  The bug has been mentioned it is no help to keep harping on about it, better to try and suggest an alternative.
You may know me as, Ragnom Ebbes or his seldom seen life long friend Magoos Utu

Bepules

• Traveller
    • View Profile
As I said: if the old Q300 bugrafted weapons were wiped before some weeks nobody would complain today about his lost weapons because of autostacking.

I cannot understand why somebody is whining about loosing his weapons made with another crafting system. The recent crafting system don't allows to craft Q300 weapons without much, very much training. You only whine because you are not able to do Q300 weapons again for now. So you whine about a bug which makes you lose your bugcrafted weapons. Though there are ways not to be forced to use this bug, like equipping weapons before you take a new one from the smith table to avoid autostacking. If you do this several times it is your fault. Normally you even notice the bugged stacking if you make gold ingots, melt steel or take any other items from a world container.

If I were a developer I would delete all things connected with an old system full of bugs before I introduce a new system. But this didn't 
happen. I cannot understand why there is no wipe of all Q300, maybe all weapons over Q250. Until now there are only a very few weapons made without stacking and repairing which have a quality over 250. But day for day they become more, believe me, I am very involved in the crafters scene.

Sure, you can say no need for a wipe, it is just a game. But the point is: Why are other things wiped, like trias? It is just a game...why will be all characters and/or skills wiped before finishing the game? It is just a game...

Tutoned

• Traveller
    • View Profile
If I were a developer I would delete all things connected with an old system full of bugs before I introduce a new system.

I am really happy that you are not a developer - your view is really too limited -

you don't like to see the problem or you are not able to understand complex actual facts. seems like...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 03:36:36 pm by Tutoned »

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
ide have to agree with bep about deleting all things connected with old bugged systems. in actualy fact i think that the devs really need to step back and go ok the games good now lets get rid of as many bugs as we can and call it version .20 before they start to add new things to a bugged system. removeing all the bugs they can would give them a firm foundation to start adding much more things into the game and hopefully not agrovate other things pluss if they clean up the code they maybe able to get work done faster and get a more efficient client together
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
allive we have been through this before, that is simply not how this works :). We are constantly fixing bugs and you are constantly finding new ones. That is the way of it . Inventory system rewrite was intended to fix all inventory bugs and build a better system. It is a better system, alas bugs persist. You have little idea how complicated this is or what the dev priorities are or why it is not appropriate to try to dictate how we work.  :love:

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
i know i cant dictate how devs work but its fun sometimes to try and ill not say nothing else on the bug situation on planeshift. personaly i havent had any problems with the new inventory system so far but then again i dont have bugged weapons in the first place. 300 quality swords are bugs and quite frankly if you lost em cause of a bug i can only laugh out loud.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

saamu

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Thanks Karyuu

Noted ... my bad

Tutoned

• Traveller
    • View Profile

ok thank you all and..

sometimes I loose the fight against my emotions - sorry  - I promise I will work on it... :P

Unnamed_Source

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Any chance item stacking can become a toggle swtich, either on or off, set by the player at any time in the game. ie /stacking off - all items moved to and from the players inventory will not be stacked; /stacking on - all items moved to and from the players inventory will be stacked.