Author Topic: Can't cancel Trasok's Ancient sword quest  (Read 708 times)

Filppus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Can't cancel Trasok's Ancient sword quest
« on: August 03, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »
I gave the Ancient sword back to Trasok, but before I could finish telling him what Oriven said, the server crashed. Now I no longer have the sword, and I can't cancel or delete the quest. Trasok does not seem to want to give me the quest again, so I have no way of completing it. What can I do, and can I take other quests anyways (even thought there is a warning not to take multiple quests)?
Any help would be appreciated.

If it helps I'm on Mac PowerPC OSX10.4.10
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 11:34:39 pm by Filppus »

David La Pierre

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Can't cancel Trasok's Ancient sword quest
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 12:36:43 am »
This quest is buggy anyway, I was at the same point as you and no matter what I said I couldn't finish it.

allad

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 07:01:43 am »
This quest is buggy anyway, I was at the same point as you and no matter what I said I couldn't finish it.

That doesn't make the quest buggy, sometimes you just have to get the phrase exactly right. I've had this happen multiple times, and end up sitting there for hours only to find out I was using the wrong words.

@Filppus From what I understand, you will have to wait until they do a quest wipe before you will be able to do that quest correctly since you are now locked out of it.

DejviDejf

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 08:33:17 am »
You can obtain the sword by creating a new character and doing Trasok's quests till you get the Ancient sword. But since Trasok keeps you the sword after completing the quest there is a chance that some another player has it. I have it by myself so I can borrow it to you for completing the quest. My character mane is Dejvi Dejf.

David La Pierre

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 11:00:54 am »

That doesn't make the quest buggy, sometimes you just have to get the phrase exactly right. I've had this happen multiple times, and end up sitting there for hours only to find out I was using the wrong words.

@Filppus From what I understand, you will have to wait until they do a quest wipe before you will be able to do that quest correctly since you are now locked out of it.

It seems to make sense to me, he is in the same position as me, he has given. Maybe all he needs to do now is say the right thing.

Which he can't cuz there is a bug.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 04:26:20 pm »
Thanks for the log.

I've identified the cause of the bug. Unfortunately, it's an engine problem, so I'll try and twist some arms, pull some strings, and fiddle with some knobs to try and get it looked at faster.

Tolol

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 05:25:39 pm »
Is there anything new about this one ?

It happened to me today, that after I did anything correctly ... I gave the sword to Trasok and whatever I said he didn't react like he understood me ...

Thanks for an info-update

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 08:05:59 pm »
I dont know about that quest being broken. unless it was broken recently. I just started and finished that quest about a week ago