Author Topic: Up to 5 SIMPLE things you would like to see implemented.  (Read 9275 times)

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Up to 5 SIMPLE things you would like to see implemented.
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2007, 11:31:36 am »
Maybe a couple of campfires and tents in different spots, just as static models. On the far cliff of the volcano, or on top of some of the hills in between Oja and Hydlaa, or BD and Hydlaa. You know, just some little gathering spots...

Ice_Stovo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2007, 01:08:36 pm »
Notifier that object you are pointing (with pointer) in interactive (highlight ocr cursor change)

Ability to set up which words will be highlighted (essential for characters with nicknames) - Really easy to code

Ability to train other charakters  (new training skill will be implemented)

Collision detection for certain items like forges near harnquist

More weak monsters, when you're noob you are able only to kill rats and game is definately not funny that way

Figis Bruzzo

Rolenun

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »
1 - 5. Documentation on using src/common/util/psprofile.h versus using CS_DECLARE_PROFILER.  :sweatdrop:

Rakhun

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Fighters of Ojaveda
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 02:59:19 pm »
1. Stopping tells from going to main if you don't type "/tell <name>", it is easily forgotten and might leak private conversations. (the way I solved it was to use the name that you would get if you pressed F on the default key setup, or the first word in the text if it's the first message)
2. Random NPC spawn points, possibly separate from where the NPC will stand and "wait" - for realism and to make it harder to camp an NPC
3. Full ignore, even if you don't see what they say OOC troublemakers can still jump around and visually ruin the gameplay
4. Either making players able to attack from their back or make NPCs unable to attack from their back, atm you can stand back-to-back with an NPC and he can hit you while you just get "You must face your enemy to attack"

That's all I can think of atm for being easy things & things many people won't be fully against  :)

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2007, 03:21:29 pm »
Notifier that object you are pointing (with pointer) in interactive (highlight ocr cursor change)
Duplicate ;p
See first page ;>

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Lin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2007, 03:27:31 pm »
1. The ability to repair items while sitting down. Sitting shouldn't need too much concentration to make you busy.

2. A relatively easy way for new players to make money. Something between looting rats and mining gold: nothing that would make you rich instantly but something that would give you a moderate income and enable you to train and buy basic equipment. Just to smooth things up a little bit in the beginning.

3. Animals. Birds, small mammals (something like squirrels, rabbits and hedgehogs), insects, cattle, domestic animals. Different ways (not) to interact with them. Some of them could be caught and eaten, some them would just move around to make the place more livelier. Some of them would give you stomach ache / lower your stats for a while if you'd eat them. Some of them would bite your fingers if you'd get too close, then flee from you.

4. Berries, birds' eggs, mushrooms, fruits - things you can easily find and eat. Some of them poisonous (see #3).

5. Children running around, walking around, playing, fighting with sticks, standing close to their parents. Parents carrying their babies. Elderly people - Enkidukais with grey fur, bald Ylians. I wouldn't mind if they were all NPCs at first, even just having them around would be nice.

Great thread by the way.

wolfspirit

• Traveller
  • AKA "Nakira"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2007, 09:12:34 am »
 After talking to others I can agree I'd like to see such things as:

1) The ability to work the shield parts, such as the buckler or round shield, back to stock like a sword maker can  when making blades {a;pha/beta/delta/back to stock}

2) Leather crafting so maybe leather armor can at least be made along with possable sacks of various sizes..as seemed needed in the org. post.

3)  Since both blacksmith shops seem to always get crowded, why not re-open "The Steel Bazzar" or something such as that area for blacksmithing and the sale of such items.

4)  At least one more Trainer in Med.Armor, since there are more than one trainer for most others "Combat"  stats yet only one..the in the BD.. can one train in MA at lvl 30-60

5)  Finally..but not last {hehehe}..maybe a Hvy Armory at the BD. Since only the Finest of the Guards in our World are found there, it would make sense that they must get such fine armor somewhere..so why not allow those of the citizens that are trained to wear such..buy such.

\\o//

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2007, 03:56:57 pm »
1) Non Lethal Duels

2) Treasury

3) Consistent Economy

4) Decaying Abilities

5) Consistent Death
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Reyna Kaviri

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2007, 04:43:17 pm »
1- weather

2- a way to prospect mines

3- that the mining skill would use up physical rather than mental stamina primarily. as well as not draining it as quickly. EDIT- or just not use mental stamina at all. mining doesnt affect mental stamina much. -EDIT

4- a quest log that logs NPC Chat from past log-ins

5- other skills besides mining that produce income efficiently

gotta love these kind of threads
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 03:37:27 pm by Reyna Kaviri »

Maju

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2007, 06:37:32 pm »
1. Not to lose so much mental stamina when mining or doing other rude jobs. The logical thing is to lose primarily physical stamina, right?

2. That NPCs "understand" when you speak... or at least "help" you to reach the right point of the matter by asking things to you when you are saying something that is close but not exactly what they expect. I mean that if you have to say "X sent me" and say "I was sent by X", the NPC is still able to recognize the name X and ask you something about that X char and not just say "uh?" I just can't bear NPCs when they don't understand the (aprox.) correct sentence for more than 10 times.

3. Make quests give better rewards: trias... but specially experience. Something that would put "questers" at the level of "miners" or "gladiators". In this sense, maybe learn abilities in certain quests (don't know: if you help Mirra with her apple cake, you could learn some baking/cooking exp for instance - no matter these abilities still don't work)

4. Allow personal stats to improve with practice, not just training (paying). You could train endurance by running or intelligence by solving quests, practicing brown/blue magic or even reading books at the library... In fact they seem more logical forms to improve your personal stats than payng some guy for a lesson.

5. Improvements in dialogue box. A shortcut to change dialogue tabs without need to use the mouse. A shortcut to use tell from the buddy list with the mouse or directly to the selected person.

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2007, 02:29:15 am »
1. Not to lose so much mental stamina when mining or doing other rude jobs. The logical thing is to lose primarily physical stamina, right?
Just a little comment. Maju is right, but there is something more about mental stamina.
I heard i think a dev wanting us to be unable to gain practice in a skill we use, while our mental stamina is too low. It is like that currently, but we should still be able to eg mine, while the mental stamina reached 0, only then we won't gain any practice, as our mind is too "tired".
People will take a rest more often if they want to continue practicing and this is decreasing the PL activities advatages over the RP, which is good.

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2007, 07:44:17 am »
2. That NPCs "understand" when you speak... or at least "help" you to reach the right point of the matter by asking things to you when you are saying something that is close but not exactly what they expect. I mean that if you have to say "X sent me" and say "I was sent by X", the NPC is still able to recognize the name X and ask you something about that X char and not just say "uh?" I just can't bear NPCs when they don't understand the (aprox.) correct sentence for more than 10 times.

Then help me out. Tell me what they're not understanding, as per my "Think NPCs are dumb? Click here!" sticky in general. If you're still not convinced, ask anybody who's submitted information to me if they've come away disappointed.

Coneitic

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2007, 09:04:06 am »
what about an ingame compass.
There is no right or wrong.... only Trias.

~Conietic

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2007, 09:17:30 am »
what about an ingame compass.
In a world you are not even sure there is magnetic field?

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:24 am »
I suggested something on IRC the other day to replace a compass that is more of an indicator of what your character can just tell, the direction of the Azure Sun in accordance to your current position. In time perhaps a real Azure Sun can be made to illiminate the need for this, but it would for now provide a good point of reference. Just a little pointer that shows the direction of the Azure Sun.