Author Topic: Up to 5 SIMPLE things you would like to see implemented.  (Read 9392 times)

bilbous

Re: Up to 5 SIMPLE things you would like to see implemented.
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2007, 12:24:31 am »
If you were to have decay, I would think it would have to be at least one order of magnitude slower than training. For example if it take 10 minutes to go up a level it would take 100 minutes to lose it. At that two or more orders of magnitude might be better so 1000 or 10000 minutes and etc.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2007, 12:36:09 am »
This is not a simple suggestion, and there are multiple really detailed threads about this in the Wishlist section. I suggest that discussions about details of skill decay are done elsewhere, for the sake of keeping this thread organized.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Aerianna Kzin

• Hydlaa Resident
  • We have come to teach...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2007, 10:00:06 am »
 :offtopic: Thanks Karyuu! and nope, not running with Fullbright.

drah

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2007, 10:58:14 am »
1. A completely new mapping system that allows all areas to be properly integrated rather than having to run through areas that act as portals between different maps.

2. *Some* attention to ergonomics in the interface.

3. A faster method of transport, whether that's strategically placed portals, NPCs that offer a transport service or mounts.

4. A much larger death realm and one that isn't so linear in design.  The current one is effectively a single path with a room or two coming off it and it's difficulty to escape is largely dependent on your gamma settings or monitor brightness.

5. Instead of having 3 applications and a seperate process for reporting bugs... have a single launcher application that does it all in one:
a) Manages updates.
b) Allows selection of settings/configuration.
c) Error-report-submission-system (automatically triggered when the game is launched after a crash)
d) Launches the game.

EDIT:

#2 can be achieved with some tweaks and minor changes.
#3 could be achieved by dumping two NPCs in different locations and creating a portal between maps using a mechanism similar to the Winch access - all of this stuff already exists.
#4 would be a map change, but the amount of black space doesn't require a lot of detail, just a few more walkways could give the place a bit of depth.
#5 is consolidating existing code/applications rather than developing anything new.

#1 though, after reading Thom's post below... I take back... my bad... that'd be far too major a change... but the rest could make use of existing code and existing functionality.

Also, remember that "simple" can be a subjective term.  To me, re-using or consolidating existing code/functions/etc. is "simple" (I'm a developer btw, so that may have some influence)... so besides my bogus #1 suggestion... I personally consider the rest to be fairly straightforward. ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 07:07:40 am by drah »

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2007, 11:23:38 am »
Dude(s), didn't Talad say SIMPLE (in caps, yes) things?
That's not simple things you're summing up!
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2007, 11:28:41 am »
yeah, since some 3 pages or so, with small exceptions.
I gues all the famous simple ideas got coverd after second page and you hsave to think really hard to find something new.

Sorry for off topic, but people: !

You are in fact off topic too!

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Xanthan

• Prospects
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2007, 11:37:21 am »
Just thought of another:

#4 a keypress to close the loot window (as opposed to having to use the mouse).

UPDATE:  actually, I think a command would be more useful.  some way  to quickly and easily get the look window out of the way when you find yourself in a battle.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 01:05:25 pm by Xanthan »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2007, 11:43:11 am »
I've got just two simple things I'd like to see (the first is a bit silly, though):

1. Player corpses should remain in the same place without disappearing until the character escapes the Death Realm or logs out. I wanna make a pile of dead bodies an' take a piccy of it.  ;D ...

2. Closing doors! Just about every day I find some couple doing "something" in the Kada-El Tavern, and it's a bit inappropriate for younger eyes, which there are a few of in my house. Shutting doors would also keep any roleplay-smashers away from a secret guild meeting.

Ralleyon

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Protector in the Survivors of Vaern
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2007, 12:08:04 pm »
I just want one thing. It's not simple tho.

Ability to load data on the fly from the database, thus allowing for some sort of randomisation. Economy for example.

To see the world in a grain of sand
And Heaven in a wild flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.

[William Blake - Auguries of Innocence]

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 26, 2007, 01:19:47 pm »
I wrote already my 5 fixes, but... who cares ;P

6. In skills window, clicking on each skill position, you see its description. In factions tab, clicking each faction should bring its description too.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

MM357

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2007, 12:51:08 am »
1- A wide choice of crafting (encrusted or reinforced swords for example) .. Having a definite technique for encrusting and another for reinforcing and so on.

2- Prices at NPC's to be let to Offer-and-Demand Process .. So an NPC raise or lower the price automatically based on the Demand at least.

3- Experience points to be more from peaceful activities (for example : Trading with NPC's and with other players, mining and crafting to give more exp. points)

4- The ability for every player to look unique (if not by face and hair .. then just by clothes or jewelery)

5- The ability for every player to be unique in what they can do .. (i.e : a special attack, a unique spell, some different crafting techniques or anything else )

neko kyouran

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2007, 01:38:47 am »
So my question here is : Can you list up to 5 SIMPLE things you would like to see implemented, which you think will benefit game play immediately?

Evidently, no, most people can't.

Rongar Elani

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • "post count +1" ~~Neko Kyouran
    • View Profile
    • Guild forums of 'The Awakened'
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2007, 02:01:29 am »
Most likely because many people don't read the initial post by Talad or the whole thread, they only care for the superscription, which doesn't say anything about 'simple' - yet. ;)

A w a k e n!

neko kyouran

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2007, 02:15:35 am »
you know, I've sat back and wondered about that too.  ......  Fixed.   :)

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2007, 07:03:16 am »
I've got just two simple things I'd like to see (the first is a bit silly, though):

1. Player corpses should remain in the same place without disappearing until the character escapes the Death Realm or logs out. I wanna make a pile of dead bodies an' take a piccy of it.  ;D ...

2. Closing doors! Just about every day I find some couple doing "something" in the Kada-El Tavern, and it's a bit inappropriate for younger eyes, which there are a few of in my house. Shutting doors would also keep any roleplay-smashers away from a secret guild meeting.

1: Corpses are teleported to the Death Realm upon death. Only True Death makes the body stay. The body is then thrown into one of the "waste bins". Near the ruins there is a gaping mouth where bodies are thrown in. The tunnels that start in those mouths supposedly run all the way to the bottom of the stalactite. So this wish is not valid.

2: Some hints:
-The Tavern is public. Only the bartender should be able to shut the doors. She is an NPC and she'll only do it when she closes for the night.
-Couples should get a room and use /group as nobody is supposed to see it anyway. Or can you look through walls?
-Don't hold secret guild meetings in a public tavern. (Instead, wait for the new guildhalls to arrive)

1- A wide choice of crafting (encrusted or reinforced swords for example) .. Having a definite technique for encrusting and another for reinforcing and so on.

2- Prices at NPC's to be let to Offer-and-Demand Process .. So an NPC raise or lower the price automatically based on the Demand at least.

3- Experience points to be more from peaceful activities (for example : Trading with NPC's and with other players, mining and crafting to give more exp. points)

4- The ability for every player to look unique (if not by face and hair .. then just by clothes or jewelery)

5- The ability for every player to be unique in what they can do .. (i.e : a special attack, a unique spell, some different crafting techniques or anything else )
1: Implementing jewelry crafting plus the ability to embed it in items isn't what I would call simple.
2: A dynamic economy is very hard to implement, not simple.
3: Valid.
4: Unique appearances are hard to implement, though it's planned and the pieces are being brought in place.
5: Every player can have something completely unique? Why? Not only is it interfering with the Settings, it's useless and not simple to implement.

You guys, as I said before, SIMPLE things only.

Examples:
"When in third person view, zooming in to one notch over the max will now switch camera to first person. Zooming out of first person will switch to the last used camera mode."
(Nicer camera handling.)

"If moving items inside container, no need to check for weight/size restrictions."
(You couldn't move heavy or big items within a sack to another slot, but you had to move it to your inventory first)

"Stamina now regenerates faster when sitting."
(It's realistic, as you rest more.)

"where the last used spell wasn't highlighted in spells window after window reload."
(The last spell you used is now highlighted in the Spellbook when you open it.)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 07:18:28 am by ThomPhoenix »
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.