Author Topic: NO! This really sucks  (Read 1223 times)

kipp

• Traveller
    • View Profile
NO! This really sucks
« on: March 15, 2003, 07:58:45 pm »
all the time ive been collecting rubies now im down to 12. I only had 61 but, that took some time to find. What i was testing was to see if i dropped the pile on the ground if i could say how many i wanted to drop...well, i dropped the pile (all of them) and started to gather them back one at a time...at 9 rubies another guy came next to me and i typed \"dont collect those rubies\" the text didnt appear in chat, i typed it again but it did not show and i couldnt collect the rubies. so i quit figuring i lost my connection, when i go back theres another guy at my pile of rubies, i click 3 rubies and again, lost my connection. That bites so bad! lost all my rubies, my entire purpose of blowing hours away in there now gone...

Baxter

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 11:43:31 pm »
Heh...sucks, but next time you wanna drop your entire inv on the ground, perhaps you should do it as far away from town as possible?  Like say--the edge of the land? :)

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 12:30:51 am »
What does it matter? They aren\'t good for anything I believe, and there will be another wipe soon enough.
The Great Linksunius

Quaduce

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2003, 01:21:45 am »
There will probbly be a buncha wipes yet to come, and yes that does suck

kyp14

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2003, 06:50:24 am »
well seeing it\'s the aim of the game even if there gonna wipe soon it still does suck, I think next time you see a way to big pile of rubies just leave them cause you won\'t be making any freinds if you found all your rubies this way = whoever dropped them will proably hate you forever

kipp

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2003, 08:27:51 am »
well i guess considering theres a wipe on the horizion then its not to bad...Links right, of course lol, about them not being all that valuable at the time being...

boonet

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2003, 09:22:29 am »
Who said ther is a wipe on the horizon? From now on, we will try to maintain the players you created unless we are really forced to delete them.

ParaSite

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2003, 09:44:00 am »
Originally posted by kipp
guy came next to me and i typed \"dont collect those rubies\" the text didnt appear in chat, i typed it again but it did not show and i couldnt collect the rubies.

My guess is that your chatscreen wasnt focused.
<Worf> These are the moments when my ego gets put back on the ground. I use linux for quite some time, and am soon 2 years maintainer of a linux distribution. I started to think I would be good at it. But then I tried to get planeshift running.

kipp

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2003, 10:38:34 am »
Link said there would be wipe sometime ;) and no, the chat was focused, i typed in it 2 times, i also couldnt get the hand icon to appear over the rubys, and i was not getting any messages at all in the chat window...so this sucks again!!

Voldengrath

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2003, 01:08:36 pm »
Look it doesnt matter, they are just gems, go find some more, it\'s not like theyre gonna help you out at all right now.
Voldengrath Blake

FyreBlade

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2003, 02:27:51 pm »
Originally posted by boonet
Who said ther is a wipe on the horizon? From now on, we will try to maintain the players you created unless we are really forced to delete them.

can we delete our own characters? i want to play klyros, but i went ynwynn just to test out MB. soooooo, if i go in to actually PLAY the game, i will be using klyros. therefore, the ynwyn is just taking up server space, a name, etc. maybe you shoudl do wipes up until all the races are available.

ChathVelve

Jal Khaless Zhan Waela. Oloth Zhan Tuth Abbil Lueth Ogglin. Khaless Nau Uss Mzild Taga Dosstan. Oloth plynn dos!

kipp

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2003, 04:36:11 pm »
Originally posted by Voldengrath
Look it doesnt matter, they are just gems, go find some more, it\'s not like theyre gonna help you out at all right now.

what sucks is the fact that i already spent time finding those..now i basiccly start over..

think of it as your playing Sega Genesis, you get rather far, and the cat jumps on the reset button and now you start over....that would have sucked back in the early 90\'s.

Baxter

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2003, 09:56:12 pm »
Heh I played muds for many years, and this sort of thing always happened.  The admins/imms will not care one bit, since it has nothing to do with a glitch (even if it was because of a glitch, everything you do in the game is \"at your risk\").  You simply have to do the best you can to minimize these risks, because a simple mistake like that can be very detrimental to your game carreer.  And I\'ve seen some pretty rotten stuff...guys would die, get back to their corpse, and RIGHT AFTER they got their stuff back *BOOM* the game crashed before they could save.  You lost some crystals which took a couple hours to get, but there\'s been too many instances where people have lost a whole set of EQ that took them many RL months of gaming to get.  And in some cases, unique items--your crystals are a dime a dozen.  Just be glad you learned this lesson now, rather than down the road. :)

And the reason why admins shouldn\'t reimb people for any cause less than an admin\'s mistake is because it makes it too easy for someone to fake losses and get ahead in the game.  Internet anonymity at its finest...

It\'s just something you have to get used to.  Learn to CYOA (cover your own ass).
« Last Edit: March 16, 2003, 09:59:17 pm by Baxter »

Ace

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2003, 06:56:54 am »
Hey everyone,

My first post heh.. I like to know too how you can delete a char if you didnt like him/her/?.. Or there should at least be an option for that. :)

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2003, 09:02:25 am »
welcome,

you can\'t delete it, admins can, but don\'t bother, it\'s just a tech demo. Just create a new char.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 09:02:53 am by Keldorn »
m.vanes