Author Topic: Mining  (Read 1290 times)

Andir

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Mining
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:58:49 pm »
Why do you have to choose the type of mining you do?  When you stick a pick in the ground, you don't know what your going to get.  Why force the player to type "/mine gold" instead of just "/mine" or "/dig" and if they are in an area with some ore, random a spot check and tell them there's gold in them there hills.  If they get real lucky, "You successfully mined 2 chunks of gold and 1 chunk of iron."

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Mining
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 03:10:38 pm »
I believe that it is to implement specifically mining for one kind of thing. when you're digging through a bag of toys/groceries/dirt/whatever, you know what you want, and kind of ignore everything else...well...we do get sidetracked, but thats beside the point

Andir

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 03:28:29 pm »
So, leave the "type" as an option?  if you want to just go dig up a spot to see what's there, you have to /mine for each type.  If your specifically looking for gold and ore is no concern, then you type "/mine gold".

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 09:23:43 pm »
A good idea for this is depending on your mining skill you should be able to check if anything is there.  This would have to take a decent amount of time and would show what is there, from ores to buried objects.  It would not however get you the object.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 06:21:10 am »
This should have gone in the "Wish List" methinks but you're not the first one to suggest it at all. :P
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Vornne

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 05:35:40 pm »
Hi there. This could go into the wishlist, but also if you have thought it through, and can define fairly well what you want changed and how to change it, you could submit it as a 'feature request' on the bugtracker. It may not take much coding, to make it so you can mine for anything if you do not specify a resource, but the developers will probably never know about it if you only post here. The worst that can happen is the report being closed as "Won't fix" ;)

Just all remember to think your report through well before submitting :)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 05:52:04 pm »
lol how about you make a shortcut binding /mine gold /mine silver /mine bla bla bla and prospect like that?

PS has more flexibility than many games, but with customization comes the need to know how to do it.

"PS, if you cannot read don't play." <---this would work great as an mp3 when you install client.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 05:53:44 pm by Xillix Queen of Fools »

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 03:29:45 pm »
personally, the only time I go looking for coal, I want to make steel. Golds fine and everything, but it would way me down too much for me to care at the time. if and when I need money, I'll go looking for gold in a gold mine, in which case I would ignore coal if I found any.

although, it would be nice to have a mine that does give random ore...