Author Topic: Recommendation for ease of viewing  (Read 695 times)

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Recommendation for ease of viewing
« on: October 23, 2007, 09:24:51 am »
I'd like to suggest that we remove the separating sections between "Important Topics" and "Normal Topics." We can still keep the stickies at the top and denote them with the sticky icons as we have, but I think that the little block between them creates a psychological barrier where people think the Important Topics aren't things that need to be read. I have seen strong evidence of this point in the past days, especially with the newbies/tutorial, and I can't help but wonder if it would have been different had the important topics not been separated in such a manner.

Thoughts?

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Recommendation for ease of viewing
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2007, 10:04:44 am »
take a look in your profile click "look and layout preferences" and click "change" pick another theme other then default

wish granted

orino

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 10:06:28 am »
i like your idea.. but i think the main problem is that new people dont goto the forum till after they try the game out for a while.. i didn't come to the forums at first.. i played the game and then came to the forums a little later... so i thing the main problem is newbs either not knowing about the forums( most forums are not as nice as this or as informative.. most of them are about fan bases and not technical issues.. then when you do find the tech part of other forums it is normally clustered with topics about who liked what movie  :offtopic: ) but like i said i think if you perhaps to make a pass code at the end of a topic thread for newbs.( like a forum topic for newbs with a direct link from the DL page with big flashing letters that say READ THIS BEFORE PLAYING...and at the end it would have a 6 digit code needed to enter the game for the first time.. after that is would save the code in the registry so every time it started it looked for the code if it was there the game starts if not it asks you for the code.) i think this might help solve your problem with newbs asking questions they could easily read about in 1 topic post

neko kyouran

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2007, 10:20:27 am »
the problem, one which has always been around in every forum, that dates back to people just not wanting to read important things, like manuals and what not, is that people, simply don't read stickies.

the old forums, the default was no break between them, and still the stickies weren't read.

edit, typos
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 11:47:51 am by neko kyouran »

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 12:30:46 pm »
Alright. Fair enough. We'll just have to rely on vigilant modding and redirection. :)