Author Topic: Wikipedia article  (Read 2374 times)

bilbous

Re: Wikipedia article
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 01:44:21 am »
Personally I wouldn't think any game was particularly notable,  unless perhaps it has survived 50+ years or something. Wikipedia has gone too far pandering to those who wish to chronicle popular culture. I mean really???

They must be hurting over there with their crapulent donation page auto-refresh. How pathetic.

:offtopic: whats with the Elric impression UTM?

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 02:17:36 am »
Whoa, I thought that guy (Link) was gone... Also, that's why you can never trust Wikipedia. Some obese retard kid in Japan could be screwing with it.

It's a known fact that SpigotMap on Wikipedia = Link.  Perhaps he just wants to get the article deleted to hide the evidence.

ROFL!

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 04:49:49 am »
I like wikipedia. Not for actually researching topics. If you can't get free sources elsewhere that are ten times better then its wiki entery will be trash. Anyway, its fun to go and check out the featured page sometimes because they usually only feature factually accurate things and its nice to actually learn something new everyday. :)
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 06:41:16 am »
Link, it is just you that thinks PlaneShift is not "known" or "notable". With about 8000 regular players and hundred thousands registered accounts, and articles everywhere in the net speaking about us, only a stone would not see we are known and notable. We are the only project which managed to reach such results with a free team, and we have a community that luckily supports us greatly. Don't you have anything better to do than vandalizing the PlaneShift page on wikipedia?

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 06:47:20 am »
Only a stone would not see we are known and notable.

I'm sorry but I couldn't help it.

*points at quote then Talad's avatar.*

Anyway, I'd agree that it is notable. I mean it is cross platform and it crops up in just about every list of top MMORPGs I had come across before actually joining. Since then it has grown. On top of that, the very fact that it is a completely free graphical MMORPG with an emphasis on rp has be of some note.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

miadon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
- MiadonCam (Refresh page to see live in game Miadon Action!!)

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2007, 05:10:52 am »
Hello Talad, I have great respect for how far you have brought Planeshift and I assume you are one of the anons repeatedly adding unsourced information to the Wikipedia article. All I'm asking for is the article be sourced. I'm not the one who brought the article up for AfD, I only brought it up because another editor did not know how to post it. I'm all for adding sources and will help wikify them in to the article if sources can be found other then fan sites and 2-3 sentence magazine mentions.
The Great Linksunius

Link

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2007, 09:08:39 pm »
Okay, myself and a few others including Talad have had a small meeting to discuss the article and have all come to a common ground that will be better for the project and the article. I have begun to re-write parts of the article to wikipedia standards, if anyone has concerns or needs help adding/changing information in the article feel free to contact me on IRC or here and I'd be happy to help. Thanks!
The Great Linksunius