Author Topic: Character test  (Read 4611 times)

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
Re: Character test
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 06:26:20 am »
I wanna know how I scored so fairly well on the test with  blind guy who can still fight >.>

themule

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Character test
« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2007, 10:34:29 am »
Maybe all of us are just using the test wrong to begin with by testing our long established characters, complete with already RPed experiences, instead of who they were back when they were first created and all our arguments are moot? :P 

That was exactly my point. It makes little sense testing book characters with all we know about them at the end of the book. If it was a good one, I expect something very interesting happened to the characters. :) The test makes sense on them at the beginning of the story. You'll see few are Mary-Sues from the start. The same applies to our chars here. Test their starting background, not what they became later by RPing.

Even Neo was 'average' (as far as he knew) at the beginning in 'The Matrix'. We have to draw a line, since we want to be all Neos here. That's the point, the RPing experience should be fun and interesting to everyone. We want to be heros, warriors, mages, hunters, leaders, kings... whatever. In the process, we'll earn some or many points of mary-sueness. Nothing wrong about that.

It think the test just stresses out that it's wrong entering the PS world as Neos from the start.

I don't think the point of the test is originality. I think the point is believability, and that is easily attained with a very 'average' background (in a way, that's the opposite of 'originality').

But from an average background you can grow a very original character.