Author Topic: What do you expect of a thief?(event wide)  (Read 1383 times)

Feline Prince

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Now you see me...
    • View Profile
Re: What do you expect of a thief?(event wide)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 04:49:08 pm »
I didn't mean to suggest that the outlaws way of doing things was the best or that a firm idea of roleplaying was a bad thing. I was just trying to be liberal minded and wasn't particularly eloquent in expressing myself. I think my main point is finding someone to lead by example in being robbed losing form it as a character. My idea about how to about this may not have been so great.
Hide where they expect you to... Its what they least expect.

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2007, 01:04:38 pm »
Wow we really got off-topic  ;D

Maulus Octir

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 06:52:45 pm »
Being a thief has always been hard, and it always will be, to be honest. Because there will always be that one player who tries to kill you in one sentence, or runs away, or gets angry and ends up arguing with you OOCly until you're bored to tears.

And as for the way the guild works, I don't think we have ever aimed for more than 30 members; we have never wanted to be a huge guild, because big guilds end up losing track of all their members, or they end up riddled with n00bs that give them a bad name. We go small because it makes us more unified and cooperative.

And to keep the n00bs out! *swings his bootsaber around wildly*

Colinb

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 09:52:08 pm »
Well I think we hit the fail mark pretty hard... 2 on max  ;D Remember when it was more like 6....

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 11:12:20 pm »
Well as one of three leaders of the outlaws I feel I should post here as well, seeing we were mentioned a few times.
* Izzabella bows gracefully "fist off, thanks for the mentioning us"

and yes I totally agree, role playing a thief is very tricky, there are very if any game mechanics that allow us to do certain things, all of which I am sure the team will get to soon (tm). I'd like to personally give a salute to anyone and everyone who has ever taken the time to role play a thief (especially if they ever got something ;) ) I remember when I very first started out..I got in to all sorts of troubles, people always seemed to catch me ;)

On the road block issue, I'd like to point out it can be effective if done right, and it's most efficient if you have Listbard there with you ;) However the majority of the players in this instance will stop talk with you some, realize you are trying to charge them to pass and they will walk right on by you, even if you have 4 guys clearly standing in their way and you know there was no way in reality they would be able to walk though.  Not to mention when you say "pay or die" or whatever and they refuse to pay and then decline any challenges made and laugh at you and continue on. or they use tells to call all their strong guild mates or friends and come get you all. But I am not saying that can't be done.

Now I don't really care to indulge in all my secrets out here in public for everyone to see..but mainly I'd like to send out a plea to all you hero's out there, let us take a circle from time to time, or let us beat you up some for not cooperating  I mean come on the game now allows for a Knock out feature...I mean just last week I attempted to rob two fenki's all alone and they told me they did not have any tria's on them, so I simply took my sword and hit one of the over the head knocking her unconscious as a distraction to run off, worked great too...err I mean I heard of this happing, I had nothing to do with  it however. I was completely cleared as a suspect for this crime in fact.

Also I do find ooc collaboration helps a ton, especially if you move on to the lager scales of kidnappings. But we also won't go into the details of my plans on that either seeing as I have one of those coming up soon.

Lets see what else, oh yes! I know the outlaws are available for  Mercenary contracts. and Assassinations. We will also do any dirty work you might not be willing to do for yourself and we are also very good at digging up information, but everything has it's price ;)

But the biggest key in role playing a thief is the role play aspect.

Okay that's really all I can think of right now, I keep getting interrupted so I think I'll stop here I hope this makes sense and I'll probably post more as you guys add stuff and coment on my silly stuff.