Author Topic: A big thanks!  (Read 1634 times)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
A big thanks!
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:55:34 am »
Well for those of you where not on or only caught bits and pieces of it.

Prophets of Chaos and the Outlaws teamed up and kidnapped Anumesa and Adeilen on their way to their baby celebration party This was a player event that started for most of us and lasted about 6 1/2 hours. The 6 of us that created it put a lot of work into it and we wanted to thank you all for participating and helping us out, and not ruining it.  We know there were a few issues with lag, and dueling, and with people telling you ooc they knew where we had hid the girls, however you followed all the clues and we all had a lot of fun. I only hope you all had half as much as I did. We also had a tiny mix up with Auto accept, I Think some thought that meant you could fight without a challenge when all it does is automatically make you accept the given challenge..so we had some people saying "I can't hit them" well thats they did not send a duel first and the so our side too our auto off...it was a bit of a mess but all in all fun, very well thought out and the ooc laughter was so worth it, I had a lot of run to all those who were in my group!

The main creators of the idea are:
Diheis
Adeilen
Nyarimus
Anumesa
Plank
Izzabella

we had a lot of fun planing this and hope you had fun doing it.
for those who are interested the clues where as follows:
The first note they got was the ransom note delivered by hand to the baby celebration party.
that told them to go to the volcano, where Xala waited and held them up for an incredibility long amount of time driving the rest of nuts wondering what she was doing to them...
When they finally got her note it read:

Seek you those which you have lost.
Far from here twixt city walls.
Sometimes to get to highest peak.
One must travel through  dungeons deep.

Well first we had Delmid up on the windowless tower with his clue..but he had to go for dinner..and he left it guarded and to Orgonwuks's disappointment he did not have auto PvP on. but we got that past that an Org, got the book..but had to go after a while and Plank too his spot, and gave the group the next clue:

Travel your by forests path.
Fueled by lovers fiery wrath
Seek the lonely forest mage
Secretes hidden in a cage.

So down in leverus's basement Waari waited...till it got to late for him so he dropped the book and I ran from oja to there, and got the book before a noob got it or something ;) , however  I had to drop it to run back into hydlaa to settle some ooc issues and when I came back my clue was gone, turns out they still had not even gotten to Plank so I would have been fine..but I had to re write my clue in a new book..so someone else has an extra on of these and probably wonders what its about :D

Oh Almighty God of spite,
Clad in ancient iron's might.
If your love's you would reclaim,
look beside the book of names.

which sent them to Gangor, in the laanx temple in the room with the book of names, who in group was telling us his char was drinking while waiting so who know what awful site they found when they got there...but they managed to get him to fork over his clue:

Natures Secret lies within
You may look out but nay look in
Beneath waters glassy pane
Find the clue to love regain.

Well here we had Landonlinous, hiding the secret garden, who after we send the ransom note sends me a tell saying he is gonna go mine let me know when he should be back in place xD but he as well got bored and tired and had to go..and he logged off with our clue...and by the time he came back Frezol was in his place with a new clue ready to go and ready to fight anyone who dared for her clue:

Crafty being hidden safe, from secret caves
they come and wait, their little village in the wild,
some would call their land defiled.

so here poor Delmid (Diheis) waited for them to reach him at last in the derghir villiage...he was quite shocked to find out that the derghir talked and even had a quest for him!
and I am sorry I was unable to get a hold of his clue, but I can tell you it sent them to where we held the girls captive, in oja.

Oh I skipped something...in all the excitement Adeilen had her twins, one boy (Justice) and one girl (Hope)
Once the fighting broke out, Izzabella with the two newborn in her arms and her own child on her back broke the girls binds and ran them to safety away from the fighting and where they could be freed. [hehe Izzabella saving them  was our was if staying friends ic ;)]
I think that's about all the main points I have to offer, feel free to add your sides of the story, add a thanks, or whatever, please I do ask that you don't flame us or rip us apart and say we sucked and complain about the dueling issue, we know that was hard, there was not a lot we could about that, our main concern was all the fun and the role play we sparked, not the end result. as far as I know when it all kinda ended everyone headed for the PvP room to settle it not sure what happened there. Also please keep in mind this was a Player event, not a GM event, so we did not have a lot at our disposal.  We don't mind your constructive criticizing however just be nice about it ;)

adding some screenies of the end:

« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 01:30:07 am by Izzabella »

Anumesa

Re: A big thanks!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 02:07:09 am »
Hehehe it wasnt as fun for the kidnappee but i still enjoyed myself. Here are a couple screenies!

[edit] To appease Raa...there was a ransom initially...that was the basis for the kidnapping. Given, it was a pretty ridiculous ransom, but whatever  :P
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 02:46:21 am by Anumesa »

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 02:42:13 am »
Hm, what was the point of the kidnapping, though?

qbari

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 02:53:44 am »
A reward, money.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 02:56:24 am »
 X-/

But why? It's not like you kidnap someone for no reason.

Frezal

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 03:16:00 am »
The reason for the kidnapping was for fun and motivated by the chance of a nice big cash settlement to let them leave peacefully.
Plus it helped the reputation of the Prophets of Chaos.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 03:28:27 am »
I don't think anyone understands what I'm saying. I mean why would anyone want to kidnap Anumesa and Adeilen? For what purpose?

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 07:24:16 am »
And why would they give clues then? Raa is making sense. Never thought I'd say that.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 09:51:14 am »
because they're greedy and don't like anumesa? xD

sometimes people kidnap wealthy people, not out of dislike, but just in hopes of ransoming them away. Its nothing personal, just, trias.

As for the clues... Heh, well maybe they were clumsy... Or perhaps they wanted a challenge...

Despite whatever the case was, it sounds like it turned out mildly well, and from the screenshots, it appears many were involved. I'd say this event was a success. Good job Tenacious D.

I hope everyone had a good time.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 09:58:17 am by Earl_Listbard »

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 10:21:24 am »
Thank Earl, I know I had fun.

Yes the ransom was 500k per girl, and when the twins were born the ransom was increased to 500k for the pair twins as well, making it a total of 1.5million. They had the option of paying or following our hunt and fighting for the girls, risking that they might be harmed in the mean time...And apparently we stole someone that we thought had tria and did not..I mean I don't if you all saw it..but I only saw dust fall out of Kenzel's pockets ;)

The main reason we did it? For FUN, because we wanted to create something big, spark some role play, and hey if nothing else, we sure did that! I'd almost love to see some logs of the good guys, I know our ooc group of the bad guys we had a lot of fun joking around and waiting. most of us were in place at 6:30 my time. Most of us started at about 5:00 or 5:30 (but not everyone, someone *cough* PLANK *cough* was 2 hours late) and then we stood in our spots till the rescuers made it our way, and I don't think they got to the end until like close to 11 my time. maybe it was 10 or 1030 not sure but overall it was a ton of fun at least ooc.
Anyways I have to go clean house now!

Anumesa

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 11:18:24 am »
You also have to take into account that DIhenis was playing a character with a pretty twisted mind. His only goal was to hurt and toy with people and maybe make some good money in the process.  ;D
« Last Edit: December 15, 2007, 11:21:23 am by Anumesa »

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 12:19:27 pm »
Looks like you guys had alot of fun and it is nice to see that there are players taking on big roleplays! Great job!  :thumbup:
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Dihenis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 12:26:46 pm »
This was fun, but really long. Yes we were trying to get money, and the notes were just from a twisted character named Fardel(me) who thought it would be fun to kidnap someone and then have them have to follow a path of notes to find out where they were. Of course they ended up without any money :(

And the last note read:
Tria in hand now make all haste,
to catch the thief that you have chased,
house in the air is where they lie,
in the city of Enkidukai

which led to the tent in the air

Velh Krome

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 02:07:52 pm »
Plus it helped the reputation of the Prophets of Chaos.
Wow.. that's possible? In fact to read about rp and Prophets already made me wincing, shaking and reading again.
If it's not only the reputation meant to be increased but also the Prophets going for some rp-attempts now and then too, i'll be glad.

Anumesa

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 03:44:54 pm »
One more big thanks to Mordraugion/Hoki for helping the RP, especially on IRC with ideas and such (hehe and giving hugs when we thought we would lose our minds)  \\o//