Author Topic: pseudo-cheating  (Read 391 times)

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
pseudo-cheating
« on: March 21, 2003, 12:33:21 pm »
Hey developers, I have a question.
Is there going to be any way to stop people from creating lots of new characters with Magic Item, Rich, and Very Rich and giving it to their old character or a friend who will give it to their old character. This seems like it could quickly ruin the game\'s economy. Also, is money going to be finite or infinite. I\'m sure it would be easier to make it infinite, but money would maintain value if it were finite.  In most MMORPGs, money quickly becomes of no value and only bartering is really worth it. With these potential exploits, that would just speed up.
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 02:39:29 pm »
regarding rich, very rich whatever I have no idea what you mean.

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 03:16:32 pm »
they are starting properties Venge, you can choose skills for your char to have including \"rich\" and \"very rich\".  They start you off with more money.

...you\'d think the devs would all know this  :P  ;)

Ravenmaster

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 01:34:40 pm »
Is anyone who works on the game and knows what I\'m talking about going to respond to this?  (to clarify what I am talking about, Magic Weapon, Rich, and Very Rich are advantages you can pick while making your character. Like Lucky, Berserker, Ambidextrous, etc.  If you still don\'t know what I\'m talking about, try making a character.)
You are here,
You will always be here,
You will never be there.
Although you may strive to get there,
upon reaching there you will realize you are really here.
And there is everywhere else.
-Spoonjoppa

Kahlisi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 01:45:58 pm »
I fully agree with stopping cheaters from using blatant methods of character creation to get gold...  However, would it not be tedious to make fifteen characters to only gain 100 trias a piece?

Perhaps a remedy would be that everyone has an account and can only have a certain amount of characters created under that name.  If they delete one character, then fashion another, then delete a second one - continuing this process - a timer could be placed upon said account.

I always hate the insane prices rare items go for in Markets.  One thing we must remember - no, this is not justifying anything, heehee - is that there will always be those players who have to have a jillion gold in their stash with the \"1337357\" weapons/armors/skills/spells/items...  There are ways around such money-hogging (i.e. stash size limitations), but they make mules and have friends, etc.  Viscous cycle, yes.   ;)
The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

Murdok

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 03:52:16 pm »
Is it allowed to have more than one character? So far I have read nothing about multi-ing as some people call it.  Maybe the rich, very rich, options should be made proportional to the existing economy in the game.  As the game progresses and there is more money in the game, items may increase proportionally? I don\'t know..we\'ll probably have to see how everything works out.
\"In Trance I Trust\"  :D