Author Topic: Sending PM's and waiting 60 seconds  (Read 694 times)

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
Sending PM's and waiting 60 seconds
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:06:47 pm »
 ???

If I send someone a pm and try and send one directly after that I have to wait 60 seconds to send another one. (Which is fine if it was only a 60 sec wait) I have been waiting three minutes now to send this second message. I have to log out of the forums and log back in when this happens otherwise I can't send my message. Sometimes I haven't even sent a PM when I receive this 60 second message. I am wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: Sending PM's and waiting 60 seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 02:10:10 pm »
That's just server lag. Could be that the server's down right now...

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:13:32 pm »
Quote from: Raa
That's just server lag. Could be that the server's down right now...

It could be but it doesn't really make sense to me. If I stay logged in on the forums I could wait three hours and I won't be able to send a PM. Yet if I log out and back in I can send the PM no problem.

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 02:16:36 pm »
I am sure there are forum settings for this but I cannot find them at the moment.   It's mostly to protect against spamming and the like.   There is always email option if you are sending lots and lots of messages :)
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

zorbels

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 02:23:05 pm »
Quote from: acraig
I am sure there are forum settings for this but I cannot find them at the moment.   It's mostly to protect against spamming and the like. There is always email option if you are sending lots and lots of messages :)

No worries. I would rather have the 60 second problem than spam any day! Email it is!

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 02:32:19 pm »
I've had that serveral times, Just go to the home board and then try to send it again ;) Not using the 'last page, next page' buttons that is ;)

neko kyouran

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:45 pm »
It was a feature added in when the forums were changed to disallow users from PMing until they had made 10 posts.

If you use the back button/forward buttons if you receive that error, then it will not send, for security reasons. If you get the message, you must click back to another part of the forums, even as simple as clicking back to your inbox.  Then you must go through the process of sending the message again.

If you try to send a Pm and get that message, you must wait at least 60 seconds before trying again, as the timer resets every time you try to send a Pm and receive the error.

more info here: http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=27315.0

lock for duplicate-ness.