Author Topic: Do Ubernaughts poop gold?  (Read 756 times)

Baron Samedi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Do Ubernaughts poop gold?
« on: January 24, 2008, 09:54:18 am »
  I have noticed that wherever there is a gold mien, there is a herd of Ubers hanging around. There is obviously some sort of connection there, so I began wondering what it might be....

I thought "maybe they are attracted to glittery things." Then I thought, "Well, I don't see a bunch of Ubers hanging around silver mines, or crystal mines. You'd think they would LOVE crystal mines if they liked glittery things." No, it must not be the glitter. So what is it?

Then I thought, "in the world of Planeshift, anything is possible, maybe they EAT gold!" This seemed like a good explanation...the Ubers can sniff it out and eat it, much like wild boars sniff out and eat tubers. But then, this seemed unlikely....after all, you wouldn't see a pack of Rottweilers just standing around while a bunch of stray cats stole fromt heir food bowl, why would a herd of big, tough Ubers just stand around and let a bunch of pipsqueek humanoids steal their food? "No", I thought, "That can't be it."

So, what then?..........Aha! Ubers must excrete gold! Whatever it is they eat, their wierd, magical digestive tract turns it into gold and they bury their droppings jsut like a cat or dog would. Now, that makes sense! Much like the worms in Dune, what they consider offal, we consider priceless! That means that the mighty Uber wouldn't mind a bunch of pests digging around his litter box, after all, they're helping clean the place up! Why bother squashing the little buggers when they are doing you a favor?

So, is that it? Is that why the Ubers are always hanging around the gold mines, while little creatures scurry around unheeded?

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Do Ubernaughts poop gold?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 09:57:32 am »
Ideally, the little creatures shouldn't be "scurrying around unheeded." The fact that the ulbers aren't more aggressive will be fixed one day.

The ulbers aren't attracted to the gold, but the tasty gold miners.

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:26:46 pm »
Well, if an ulbernaut were to consume a miner with a full pack of gold it would only be natural for it to pass the gold afterwards along with the rest of its spoor.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 02:47:43 pm »
* zorbels chuckles at the main post

Well now that's an awful lot of thought put into the Ulbernauts behavior. I am afraid Ulbernauts don't poop gold but if they did it would explain why they were so aggressive. I know I would be cranky if I had to poop out something like that. :P Maybe they hang around the gold mines in a group because there are baby Ulbernauts near by and it would be easy pickings for food. The mommy Ulbers wouldn't have to go far from home. Who knows? I think that chapter of PlaneShift still has yet to be written.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Leama

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 03:29:17 pm »
You have some imagination Zorbels. Good job.

* Leama applauds you.

But still this is a stinky  topic, right?

Btw, the last time I 'lightened up' Suno chased me around the plaza with duct tape. So I am trying to behave.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:46:20 pm by Leama »
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 05:52:46 pm »
Its okay Leama lighten up all you want, your safe, duck tape is not implemented just yet. ;)