Author Topic: Materis  (Read 3815 times)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
Materis
« on: January 28, 2008, 12:31:35 pm »
I have just heard some really horrible news about one of our players. This is a bit strange considering I Don't think I knew him, but I thought I should write this for those of you that do know him, Materis was in a very bad car accident involving a semi truck. That alone tells me he's lucky to be alive. because I don't know him and I don't know what he would want posted here, you can PM me for details, /tell me in game or contact Shambla, Solone or Korenis for updates or information as well. I don't know for sure, but as a medical student judging by the severity and amount of wounds, broken bones and issues he's having I'd say he is in critical condition, and is in need of our thoughts, prayers, whatever you believe in. They did not expect him to live though the night, but he pulled though. Please keep in your thoughts. thanks for you time.

Edit:
It was brought to my attention that some don't know what a semi truck is I guess we call em some thing diffrent in the US, so here : http://www.theallineed.com/engineering/06082204.jpg
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 12:57:15 pm by Izzabella »

Leama

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Materis
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 02:39:27 pm »
Keep us up to date Izzie and let us know how things are.
My thoughts are with this young person.
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:40:14 pm »
 :-\ That is indeed horrible news. Although I don't know him, I am sure he has a family who is very upset and worried. As per your request and just human nature on my part I shall keep him and his family in my prayers tonight. I hope for the best possible out come of this situation.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Amarthame

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 05:57:19 pm »
Oh no, that's awful!  :( I barely know him, but I can imagine how terrible that must be for him and his family.

I really hope he'll be okay, and I'll pray for his swift and painless recovery.

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 05:24:41 am »
* Sen also hopes for the best and that Materis will be fine again
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

Solone

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 12:17:38 pm »
Materis has serious injuries and is in critical care unit of the hospital he is in. His left leg is broken in 5 places..and his left arm broken too. His left lung is punctured from broken ribs and they are full of fluid right now so he can barely breathe. His right ankle and right wrist are broken too. His right femur was demolished and they had to remove it and give him a titanium one...his body is having difficulty accepting it and he still could lose his right leg. They had to go back in to fix something they made a mistake on and they hit the femural artery to his leg and he bled out and flatlined on the table...all told hes flat lined 3 times. He is still alive but is very weak and in bad shape. I am lucky he called me and I was able to tell him I love him. He says thank you to everyone who has kept him in their thoughts and hearts and he CAN hear and feel all of you. He says thank you. this is something you may wish to consider : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmtj4mIxkd0&feature=related
People, if you have someone you care about and you haven't voiced it, do so, even if you think they already know, they need to hear it. I love all my friends and am thankful they are my friends.

eldoth_terevan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2008, 12:30:47 pm »
Solone, you are such a sweetheart. Frankly, despite any divisiveness in the community... I think that the fact that we all play this game means that we are all more alike to one another than different. And I believe, from knowing this community for so long, that we all feel things like this -- almost as though it were a member of our family or a close friend. Best regards to him, and we all hope that he makes a full recovery as quickly as possible.

shorty13

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Skiing > All
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2008, 12:32:41 pm »
I do not know Materis but I will put him in my prayers and I hope the best for him.
There are two types of people in this world: The Pinky and the Brain.
Which one are you?

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2008, 12:36:15 pm »
Poor guy. I wish him well, as does everyone who reads this news I'm sure.

Solone

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 12:54:23 pm »
Thank you everyone for caring. This is why I wanted this done here, as planeshift players act  more like family than friends. I do know Materis outside game and we are very close friends. This came on the heels of Shambla and I nearly dying from carbon monoxide poisoning 8 days ago and Gharin having a heart attack 11 days ago. I know him outside game too and he is also a close friend. Many people I know here are family more than anything; that is what I like so much about this community. Because of common ground we can pull together and act as a team when needed. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers folks...it IS working. Thank you all.  :D

Phinehas

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 02:39:43 pm »
Well, I don't know Materis, nor do I feel any particular connection to him. I've been praying, however. Hope it works out ok.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 03:33:42 pm »
Thanks for the update Solone. Please keep us informed as to his condition if you can. I myself would really appreciate that as I am sure many others here do. The power of prayer is a wonderful thing. I shall keep him in my mind tonight as I say my nightly prayers and hope for the best.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 03:49:09 pm »
Love goes out to you, man :) I know you'll be ok, we're not done with you yet :D Heal up and be strong and I'll take you to the next baseball game :)

Solone

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 03:51:08 pm »
Will do Zorbels..and thanks. Materis did call me last night though it was nearly impossible for him to speak as his lungs are full of fluid. He sounded aweful and very weak, yet hes as tough as nails, that one, so he's sure to continue to get better. I hope to hear from him sometime today if possible. Anyway just everyone keep the good wishes coming...he has told me he can hear and feel the power of the healing thoughts :)

Leama

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 04:31:08 pm »
Yes please keep us update so we know what is happening. Such a horrible thing to happen to someone so young. It greatly saddens me. I only wish him the best.
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards.