Author Topic: Noob bug?  (Read 554 times)

DeDeDee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Noob bug?
« on: January 30, 2008, 02:14:15 am »
i just started this game today and i made it to the mission where you have to buy the air glyph, well....i sat with the trade window open for quite some time and nothing ever popped up for me to buy, nothing at all. if someone called give some insight to this it would be helpfull.

Gharan

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Noob bug?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 02:19:40 am »
Trade window? Do you mean you were waiting to buy it off the NPC who wanted it for a quest, if so think about it for a second.  :)

If not then I hear there's a certain shop what would deal with your request (Trying not to give a spoiler sorry  :P)

Marqsaynt

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 02:43:08 am »
Pretty sure he's in Newb quarantine (tutorial) :P so, no shops around.

My best guess is you just hit a rough patch of lag. I'd just try right-clicking and trying to open the purchasing window again. If that doesn't work, make sure you are on the "buy" window by check-marking the buy button in the window. Also, make sure you are actually in the merchant window and not just normal trade which is how you give another character or NPC an item but, not how you buy/sell things (try targeting the NPC and using /buy just to make sure :)). Hope that helped and welcome to Planeshift... *looks at forum name* Mr. Mencia?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 02:46:28 am by Marqsaynt »

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:48:29 am »
Hmm, for the records. That the window of the quest reward choice was 'hanging' some time happened to me in the tutorial and at Levrus (at least). Waiting longer solved that though  ;D

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!

DeDeDee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 12:05:00 pm »
yeah by trade window i meant merchant window, ill try it again today but i dont think it was lag.

ok just logged in and the first thing i did was open the merchant window with "Orphia", its been a full 15mins and nothing has come up for me to buy. i do have a rather slow internet connection but i dont see how this game would run as slow as its appearing to (i can run WoW and several webpages and rarely lag out of the norm), so IMO its either a bug or the way the packets are grouped is not very effecient.

lol at "Newb quarantine" XD

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 12:11:18 pm by DeDeDee »

Lanarel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 12:25:59 pm »
Did you select the glyph category on the left side?

Ilirion

• Traveller
  • Dragon lover, experience mage, quick fighter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 12:42:45 pm »
Did you select the glyph category on the left side?

Actually that's quite right. When you click on a category you can barely see it selected, but click on it anyway.
http://dragcave.ath.cx/user/23756 You pick up a scroll entitled Ilirion. It marks the progress of 4 eggs.
Please click on View for each of the eggs. At least the first one. He's going to die if you don't.

DeDeDee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 12:46:30 pm »
that worked thank you