Author Topic: Made a forum userstyle  (Read 12056 times)

Velh Krome

Re: Made a forum userstyle
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2008, 04:07:00 pm »
wow! havent checked back here for a bit, and you made some great advancements, Nikodemus!
the overall looks is cool, the cursor a fancy feature and the performance flawless.

i have noticed some problems there though:
i for instance have Neko's post with that image. i mouse-over the pic, and the cursor turns into showing a little hint ("when you think you can zoom.."). if i then just click the image, it moves down and enlarges the whole post with empty space of the image's size.

its different with for example Nikodemus' post here:
when hovering over the included image, the cursor again changes. when i click it though, it disappears on click, and reappears on release. trying to click, drag and release results in the image remains disappeared. clicking the line the image was meant to be brings it back.

using firefox 2.0.0.12 + stylish 0.5.6

can anyone confirm this?
the appearance of the whole style i really like!

one more suggestion though, now that i see the preview of this my post here: perhaps links could be highlighted a tad more, for having them easier to notice?

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2008, 05:17:34 pm »
It's a feature, which can be used, but it works as it works and there is nothing i can think about to work it out better.
What it does is when you click it:
- the image height for the place it was in is zero, so all the content below moves up
- the image itself goes like 600px or so UP, so to see it you have to scroll up (but if the image was scaled down previously, it will be full size now [if your browser window width is enough to hold it]) (if you wont use scrollwheel, but click the scrollbar, the image will reset to normal, so people without scrollwheel are unfortunately screwed)
you have to hold after clicking and while doin so move the mouse ad then release, (because if you won't the image will reset to normal uppon releasing ;P )

The image has to appear higher than it was, because every post is a separate table (two actually :s IIRR). Because of that the table with post below the one the mage is in would overlay it, making it mostly invisible. (it is still possible if the image is extremaly high, the poster has no sig and put no content below the image :x )

And the whole feature is because in my style no image inside a post can be wider than the collumn holding that post. No horizontal scrollbars. The image is scaled down and you can spot the pixelation effect, because browsers performs a pixel resize.

Btw, look at your sig, it is rescalled to max height of 120px ;P

Thx for your time checking it out.
As about links, is your monitor alright? The links looks fine to me. They are pale green and the text is light brown. They look quite visible to me.

a link ;o, dont clicky it

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

Velh Krome

« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 04:01:07 pm »
Short note:
Yep, Niko, "you dont like it, dont use it" lol=D Was just i was curious when i saw that cursor changing, but i see (i guess) whats its intention.
About the link-colors.. I think I was just used more contrasty colors (and the obtrusive underline), but after this little time I dont have problems recognizing anymore.

However, i am using your style since, and yesterday i switched back to compare - sure thing, i will stick with yours, its grand!

keep it up!=)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 05:01:28 am »
I've found a bug:

Whenever people write in 1 point size text the style shows it not as small as it has to be, Now this is sometimes very handy though for some reason when the text contains over two lines they overlap each other. I have no Idea how to fix this and well I'm now just typing to get two lines full so you have a nice example of what I mean.

Only smilies seem to fix it:

Whenever people write in 1 point size text the style shows it not as small as it has to be, Now this is sometimes very handy though for some reason when the text contains over two lines they overlap each other. I have no Idea how to fix this and well I'm now just typing to get two lines full so you have a nice example of what I mean.:P

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 06:18:12 am »
Oh i know what i do.
I fix that and add before each line of too small text: "I'm an idiot writing with tiny font thinking you can't read me >> " ;P
Should i do that? xD

EDIT, though not every case of writing with too small font is idiocy ;P I don't know what should i do :s
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:26:22 am by Nikodemus »

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 06:39:07 am »
o.0 You fixed it already?  \\o// I now see it how it's should be seen :P
 ??? Strange, I though I had to update the code if you changed it :P

EDIT!:
I found anther one  ;)

Watch the greenish/blue text

Another edit: my resolution for my screen is 1280*1024, dunno if that will help ;)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 06:43:58 am by Socius Rockus »

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 07:39:42 am »
I did nothing ;P

Why do you see the blue text and i dont?  :-\
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 07:41:49 am by Nikodemus »

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2008, 07:59:44 am »
Go here http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=63eb8148012ad6fb44857ce47349fbbb&board=10.0 and you'll see it, it's not when you read a thread, but when you read a forum ;) you'll see a forum description then, that's what the blue text is.
Might not be really blue... something like blue :P Colorblind I am  ;)

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2008, 08:02:54 am »
No, i thought you will tell me which setting you have customized to see it here instead of not seeing it ;P

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2008, 08:51:14 am »
 :D No, :P the problem was/is that if the description is a bit longer then a few words that the text continues behind the buttons "Mark as read" "Notify" and "New topic" ;)

Marked it red :lol: :

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2008, 08:56:54 am »
It is teh blue text and i was asking what did you change in your options to see it ;P

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2008, 09:04:49 am »
... o.0 Nothing, and just to be sure I just copy/pasted your new code again. And I still see it!
I'll post the whole screenie to amke it more clear as to where and when i see it ;)

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2008, 10:54:32 am »
You sure put much efford into reporting biugs, thanx ;)
The text you overlined red is customizable in options, look and layout preferences. I have it turned off.
But i fixed it, why wouldn't I? ;)

The style is now updated and you can update yours.  Check the modification dates next time if you arent sure ;>

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2008, 11:49:11 am »
Yup it's fixed, and not only did you fix it, you also made a nice installer  :flowers:

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2008, 11:40:52 am »
An update.

- With FF3 input boxes changes in stylish causes bad effect. It has ben fixed with -moz css quirks.
- Some other layout improvements in profile.

At this point i think i could ask a forum admin like Acraig to include it as a real skin, except, where are the images I ask for since the beginning? ;P