Author Topic: [Guild] The Outlaws  (Read 8361 times)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
[Guild] The Outlaws
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:20:50 am »

Goals: To be ourself no matter what the law tells us we have to do, if we thinks it's unfair we will fight for it. We don't wish to take over Yliakum we only wish to be who we are, and if that means standing against the law, so be it. We enjoy causing havoc and chaos and getting what we want. We are mainly a bunch of thugs, rogues and outcasts, cast out by those of upper class, and heroic nature, that think they are better than us because they had the knowledge, and wealth to grow up going to school, learning the right things to do, or even caring about the right things to do.

Services we can provide:
- Mercenary contracts.
- Assassination.
- Professional thievery.

Guide-lines:

1. Regarding Role-Play / Out-Of-Character / Guild-Chat:
a) Try to stick with Role-Playing as often as possible.
b) When talking out-of-character use [brackets].
c) We're not bothered about this in Guild-Chat, just in public!!

2. Don't speak about guild matters in public. What happens in the guild stays in the guild. Feel free to spread wrong information and gossip though.

3. We support citizens who have broken laws we which consider foolish, and unnecessary.  We don't accept the upper class laws. But we are not a guild full of criminals, some are simply outcasts for other reasons. Try to spread this attitude whenever possible.

4. Drop point 3 when speaking to guild mates.

5. Be loyal to each other and to the Elders of the guild.

6. You are responsible for your crimes, accept challenges or flee, also rp the consequences of your deeds. Guild support is only given for crimes supported by an elder.

7. If you commit crimes, do it thoughtfully. Try to operate secretly and plan well in order not to get caught.

8. Don't fight in Hydlaa since it is well guarded. Nevertheless, there are sometimes some fights reported at the tavern. If you get involved, try not to harm someone severely since Jefecra and Rabartus are standing outside usually.

9. Have fun, cause mischief [in-character] and remember... "It's good to be bad!"

Member Ranks:

There are 8 levels or ranks within our guild.

1. Rogue
-The initiation rank to those who wish to join.

Career ranks:

2. Thief
-Steals for the guild and for own gain.
3. Swindler
-Swindles him/herself to victory by any means neccessarly.
4. Assassin
-The most blood thirsty of all thugs, bandits and alike.
5. Arcanist
-A person who has chosen the path of alchemy, herbalism and/or magic.

Master ranks:

6. Shadow
-Works with what best suits him/herself and controls no one.
7. Chosen
-Helps the members in their paths.

The Elder ring:

8-9. Elder
The Elders decide guild matters, they are the leaders of the guild.

NOTE: If a member is inactive for 2 months he/she will be removed, though there are exceptions.

If you are interested in any further information, on becoming an outlaw yourself or hiring one for services please contact any outlaw wearing the outlaw badge, and they will be able to notify the person in charge of what you seek. A lot of the outlaws prefer to hang out around Kada-El's tavern for a drink and some fine company, you might be able to spot on of us there if you try.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:30:14 am by Izzabella »

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
Re: [Guild] The Outlaws
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 04:32:57 am »
3. We are supporters of the citizens who are pursued by the government.

That line is somewhat odd.  Perhaps a bit of a rephrase so that it doesn't seem like any crime will earn your support :P

"We support citizens who have broken laws we which consider foolish."  Or something of the sort, aside from that, quite decent.
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 05:17:30 am »
3. We are supporters of the citizens who are pursued by the government. We don't accept the upper class laws. But we are not a guild of criminals. Try to spread this attitude whenever possible.

If this was IC information I'd be silent but from what I get this is OOC information which forces me to ask the following question ...

How in the world can you support criminals and not be criminals yourselves?

That the outlaws do not want to see themselves as criminals I understand completely, they probably think they're freedom fighters or whatever .. and that they don't want to be seen as criminals either makes even more sense. But being what they are and doing what they usually do .. no question about it that the law and government sees them as criminals. Unless they hired top tria lawyers now who can guide them through the backdoors of the law? :P

Also your first part of the message completely contradicts this ...

We enjoy causing havoc and chaos and getting what we want. We are manly a bunch of thugs, rogues and outcasts

P.S.: See the typo? :D

P.P.S.: Above comments are solely intended to serve a constructive nature and further benefit your goals. The author cannot be held responcible for the instigation of violent or aggressive responses, according to the Yliakean Law.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 05:42:52 am by Zan »
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 10:06:19 am »
I'd like to mention that rule three says we are not a guild of criminals, some of the members have committed no crimes what-so-ever, where as some of them have been very bad outlaws ;) Some of our members  simply join because they do not feel that they fit anywhere else. They feel as tho they have been outcast for some reason they do not even understand at times, which may have nothing to do with their actions at all.

Thanks Waylander I like your re-wording I'll just that ;)

Alignment info removed, was something I'd gotten off the site so I figured I'd include it.

Thanks everyone for your constructive criticism.

Zan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:49:00 am »
Maybe it would be more clear if you stated that "Not all of us are criminals, though some do enjoy going down that path."?
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Phinehas

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 04:13:31 pm »
So... you're outlaws, but not criminals? Interesting... Robin Hood you're not...

Well, just stay out of my way. Also, I agree with Zan's last suggestion. Clarification would be good.

HekemSkarr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 05:35:48 pm »
Hmm.. I cannot understand the argument that this guild is not all criminals. I will cite the The Octarchal Decree of 425 AY to explain what I mean. In the Decree, under 'Hand of Law' and the second statement, it is stated 'The Octarchal decree shall be followed by all who wish shelter within Octarchal borders.' This refers to all of Yliakum. Therefore, if you do not accept all laws of the Octarchy you are in violation of The Octarchal Decree of 425 AY. This would make you a criminal wouldn't it? You are publically denouncing laws of the Octarchy. It would make more sense if the guild was secret and not public as it seems the Octarchy would have the guild hunted down.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:44:27 pm »
Well we have gone secret in the past, and that has not worked out so well, the big birght green outlaws tag above our  heads is OOC info anyways, just ask Esilet who still deny's IC that she is affilated with the outlaws. In fact there are several Outlaws that in thier description they have specificaly stated there are no guild badge markings of any kind on them.

I did not really post this here,for such things, becuase I heard that in the past that the outlaws leaders asked for this thread to be removed because of to much flaming or something. I posted this here to let other guilds know what our guild is about, not to let you try and run our and tell me what I am doing wrong, I do appreciate the constructive critizim however and I have fixed many of the points you have made. once again thanks for your comments.

HekemSkarr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2008, 06:57:45 pm »
Ok thanks. That's what I was wanting to know. I know the guild tag is OOC but I also know that some members do publically deny some of the laws so I was just wondering about it. Thanks for clearing it up.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2008, 07:07:17 pm »
* Izzabella tires to look innocent "yeah, yeah I know I am guilty of that...but hey..even I am still learning!"

Zan

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 06:07:57 am »
*cough*

Still a typo ...

We are manly a bunch of thugs

;D
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Anumesa

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 06:16:36 am »
So... you're outlaws, but not criminals? Interesting... Robin Hood you're not...

I always thought of them as sort of loose cannons...one minute your best friend, the next they are 'borrowing' your coin purse at knife point. My character considers Izzabella her friend, but would not be wholly surprised of she suddenly felt the need to kidnap her to make a pretty penny. Dysfunctional friendship, perhaps...but it keeps her on her toes  ;)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2008, 10:31:48 am »
*cough*

Still a typo ...

We are manly a bunch of thugs

;D

Thank you, ;)

Anumesa, your so sweet :) and yeah you're probably right, speaking of which..I have so plans to make--err I mean...thanks for the positive post.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2008, 11:04:05 am »
I'm just wondering... if you offer services but you keep your allegiance secret at the same time, how do you get clients? A front man? A pimp? ::|

Also, it might help to expand a bit on what you expect from recruits. Roleplaying a shady character is much more difficult than a law abiding one and not anyone is able to pull it off. I'm interested in hearing how you handle "quality control".

And I'm happy to see this guild has prospered since its beginning. Always good to have them around...

*Dajoji looks around confused: "Hey! Who took my wallet? Freaking outlaws!"

...Or not :D

Elvicat

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • My site
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 12:47:29 pm »
*Dajoji looks around confused: "Hey! Who took my wallet? Freaking outlaws!"

...Or not :D

yeah you never know when it's been taken  ;D