Author Topic: Janners revised beginners tips.  (Read 2211 times)

Janner

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Janners revised beginners tips.
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:18:08 pm »
To Start with welcome to my little tips page.

1. If you have mining skill you will need a pick[ buy from Harnquist ] ( he trains mining as well ) in Hydlaa or Toda in Ojaveda. ( 100 tria = money )
 Then you need to find where to dig; for Coal the Magic shop is a good place to look, to dig type /dig coal.

2.To equip something in your inventory  [I on keyboard]  click it drag it to place it goes and click to place it there, OR just drop it on your picture, it will go to right place.

3a. To fight, right click on target then click crossed swords from icons that pop up.
 3b. To fight normal click on target then go to info box [ the small one with time in it and coloured bars ] and click third icon from left to normal attack. ( putting your pointer on icons will tell you what they do. )

4a. To Loot right click target after killing click the moneybag icon. ( double normal click on target same as right click )
 4b. Or you can type /loot.

5. Quests. To get one, say to NPC blue name
 A. give me job.
 B. give me quest.
 C. may i help you.

6. To set a Shortcut Open by clicking on  axe icon then on an empty window right click to open and type what you need. (commands for this are in help icon.( ? )

7. To Pick up an item type /target next nearest item.. then type /pickup.

8. To trade with someone right click them then click  the box in hand icon. drag item from right to left then click moneybag top left to complete.

9. To Train first find the trainer you need if a NPC has a book icon then they train something, click on skill to train then moneybag to pay for it, keep doing this till you see a message saying you can train no more, it is time to go practice your skill to finish training.

10. To Drink or eat open inventory  [I on keyboard ]  click it drag it to your picture and let go. OR  Type /use OR /equip [name of item.]

11. To do a Action for example bows or nod or points. type /me bows or nods or points. [To get a list of game emotes, you type /listemotes.

12. lag Most common cause is music, so turn off in pssetup if you are suffering from this, also it is a cause of many crashes. You could also go to options/Graphics/Details, Set Distance lower, also you might even have to set Adaptive Distance low. Another little trick to try is set FPS cap on max. Do not worry, it will go down on its own.

13.To set Options click on the icon in row of icons, For all there is a set button on end, click this, then press key you want it to be, then click set, remember after you have done your changes, click save bottom left.

14. To find commands click on  help icon.( ? )

15. There is a Help channel for advice but please don't ask how to do or what to say regarding quests.

16. if you get stuck and cant move try typing /unstick and if you fall in pit there type /die Puts you back to start of Death Realm.

17. One button mouse . open options go to mouse next to ContexMenu click on SET. then save, gives right click on normal click,Reset puts it back. OR follow this post instructions. http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=31746.0

18.  Repair weapon. To do this you need a weapons repair kit, buy from Smithy. Hold weapon in right hand type  /repair.

19. Repair Armor. To do this yo need to type /repair [boots, gloves, legs, arms or torso.]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 08:14:27 am by Janner »
Glad to help.