Author Topic: Auto Accept..  (Read 766 times)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
Auto Accept..
« on: March 17, 2008, 11:25:22 pm »
Just a friendly explanation as unto what Auto Accept means because the last few events, both GM and player that I've been in it seemed as tho most were very confused what this means. And I've been meaning to post this for a while but keep forgetting ;)

Anyways when you put auto accept on that does not mean you've turned on a PvP switch, it simply means that IF and WHEN someone else sends you a challenge then you will automatically accept the challenge.  So if you're in an event where they ask you to turn on auto accept please remember this if you get frustrated when you keep getting the "you can't not attack so and so" message, that does not mean they have not turned on auto accept it just means you've not challenged them yet ;)

thats all!

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Accept..
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 06:38:03 pm »
Good point Izzy.  I'd like to bring this up as well: we could use some per-char settings for things like auto-accept.  Oftentimes, some of my chars will be more willing to accept challenges than others.  Also, simply because someone doesn't accept a challenge doesn't mean that they are some weirdo.  You may have challenged someone who's busy or spaced out [i.e. AFK], or they may prefer RPdueling to PvP.

Jonerian

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Jonerian Cruentis
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 10:03:13 pm »
Also, simply because someone doesn't accept a challenge doesn't mean that they are some weirdo.

Why the heck should anybody think that way? It is NORMAL that people don't want their nose kicked in. Nobody needs any excuse for that.

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 10:13:04 pm »
Also, simply because someone doesn't accept a challenge doesn't mean that they are some weirdo.

Why the heck should anybody think that way? It is NORMAL that people don't want their nose kicked in. Nobody needs any excuse for that.

I'm in agreement... If someone is going to attack you.. saying "No thanks." Wont change a thing.

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 05:07:39 pm »
What I'm trying to say is that there may be valid OOC reasons for a challenge being declined, so you cannot automatically interpret it as an IC act without some followup.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 06:53:10 pm »
This really had nothing to do with IC or OOC reasons :P more for event that ask for auto accept on because a lot of people got confused and kinda assumed it meant free PvP and the other side did not really turn it on cause they kept getting you can't attack so and so messages :P

Erisnas

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 09:04:07 pm »
Just as a note, having a small note appear on screen that a challenge has been auto-accepted would be nice.  That would solve most peoples fear of the setting so far.  The rest of this discussion, seems to be handled well.

CrazyYlian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 05:26:10 pm »
Just as a note, having a small note appear on screen that a challenge has been auto-accepted would be nice.  That would solve most peoples fear of the setting so far.  The rest of this discussion, seems to be handled well.

Agreed.  Even when you know you've got it turned on, someone attacking you out of the blue with no RP intro or lead in can be quite disconcerting, especially when you're in a peaceful looking crowd and everyone around you is named [unknown].