Author Topic: Oja Guards?  (Read 1472 times)

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
Oja Guards?
« on: April 05, 2008, 11:33:46 pm »
Okay here goes..my very first complaint >.>

I've noticed there are now a few guards outside of oja...
Now if this is so then that means they are very, very bad guards.
It is unrealistic for there to be guards outside and several rogues inside.
so I think they should be removed, or the rogues should be removed... otherwise that leads my char to think the guards are lazy, bad or just plain corrupt.
And I've always like the idea of oja being a rouge town, a rebel town.
But I am not so sure Kistol would be safe hiding out there now, with guards at the door..and then the actively fighting back ones..

I dunno just and idea of mine..

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: Oja Guards?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 11:51:29 pm »
Yeah, kinda noticed that too...

* Raa has nothing else to say, though.

Dajoji

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:13:58 am »
Keep in mind that no map is fully developed yet. You have to imagine the cities are much bigger than what we can see in-game atm in order to consider realism, that means there should be room for rogues to hide from the guards (back alleys, dark streets, sewers, rooftops, etc.), except for the rogues that are right in front of them (which should be moved, if there are any).

After all, the Ortarchy rules with an iron fist all over Yliakum and has the manpower to enforce its laws everywhere. It would be more unrealistic not to have guards at all in Ojaveda.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 12:35:09 am »
Hmmm okay you make some good points...

thanks was mainly just wondering and that makes sense.

Prolix

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 02:17:56 am »
Well there are the obvious two rogues just outside town in the same map, they must be the known no-goodniks hanging around outside because the guards won't let them in. Good on the guards. The other point I would make is that the nature of a "rogue" is not certain. Surely they are not so one sided as they would appear, some may be thieves who will do whatever it takes to steal your money but others could just be bullies who just try to intimidate you.
Quote from: m-w.com
  1  : vagrant, tramp   2  : a dishonest or worthless person : scoundrel   3  : a mischievous person : scamp   4  : a horse inclined to shirk or misbehave   5  : an individual exhibiting a chance and usually inferior biological variation
— rogu·ish Listen to the pronunciation of roguish \ˈrō-gish\ adjective
— rogu·ish·ly adverb
— rogu·ish·ness noun
So what I am saying is that all rogues looking alike is the same as all kran looking alike, a limitation of the game and not an identity of their nature. Now, the player models offer some differentiation and so too will the npcs eventually I hope.

Rennaj

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Glad to Help
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 03:18:07 am »
 As this is a English speaking game, from askoxford.com.

rogue
  • noun 1 a dishonest or unprincipled man. 2 a mischievous but likeable person. 3 an elephant or other large wild animal with destructive tendencies driven away or living apart from the herd. 4 a person or thing that is defective or unpredictable.

— ORIGIN originally denoting an idle vagrant: probably from Latin rogare ‘beg, ask’.

thug
  • noun 1 a violent and uncouth man, especially a criminal. 2 (Thug) a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India, suppressed by the British in the 1830s.

— DERIVATIVES thuggery noun thuggish adjective.

— ORIGIN Hindi, ‘swindler, thief’.

Nothing for cutthroat. in Oxford but.
cut-throat
  • noun dated a murderer or other violent criminal.

• adjective ruthless and intense.

wikipedia.org
The cutthroat trout (Oncorhynchus clarki) is a species of freshwater fish in the salmon family of order Salmoniformes. It is one of the many fish
species colloquially known as trout.

We know them as a type of pirate, normally found at sea.
Run your permissions at least once a week. You will be amazed what it can solve.

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 05:15:11 am »
In my dictionary there is nothing said about rats only have one eye  :sorcerer:
 :lol: :flowers:

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 06:20:20 pm »
Also, when there is major upheaval in a city, lawlessness can get out of hand. Having to shut down most of Oja is a major upheaval and many guards are probably trapped behind the gates which would cut down on manpower and ability to focus on keeping the rogues in check. The threat of plague might also make it hard to recruit new guards.

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 01:59:35 am »
Greetings!

The only complaint about the guards in Ojaveda that I have is that they don't seem to care if someone is fighting a rogue near them. I would have expected that they would assist in the fight. And I think both guards should be of the Enkidukai race.

With kind regards
Kaityra

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 02:23:24 am »
And I think both guards should be of the Enkidukai race.

Quote from: the game
Morla says: Who are you?

Pinayet Ullavin says: I guard the main gates here in Ojaveda. It's a real honor, believe me, seeing as how I'm not an Enkidukai and all. Don't mistake me now, the Enkidukai are a pretty friendly bunch. It's just that greeting you in the Broken Doors is one thing, but asking you to guard their city is... a carp of a different spot, you see?

I think this is a logical explanation.

Also interesting regarding the attitude of the guards towards the rogues:

Quote from: the game
Bhurral Varsheen (enkidukai guard) says: I am a guard in charge of protecting the main gates here in Ojaveda. I stop problems from entering, and I stop problems from leaving.

Edit: fixed a typo and added Bhurral
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 02:28:43 am by Morla Phlint »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

SerqFeht

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 10:35:51 am »
That's really odd. Especially since it is an enkidukai that says that. You'd think he'd care more about the city. I suppose it makes sense. You wouldn't want rogues running all over Yliakum any more than they are already...

There's more to Ojaveda than meets the eye...
Have you told a Daylo 'I hate you' yet today? Do it. You'll get teleported to another area!

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 02:06:44 am »
That's really odd. Especially since it is an enkidukai that says that. You'd think he'd care more about the city. I suppose it makes sense. You wouldn't want rogues running all over Yliakum any more than they are already...

There's more to Ojaveda than meets the eye...

There is more to Bhurral than meets the eye since she is female....and not male.

*Rizin changes SergFeht's he'd to a she would.

SerqFeht

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2008, 03:35:39 pm »
 :oops: I need to visit Ojaveda more often then! ;)
Have you told a Daylo 'I hate you' yet today? Do it. You'll get teleported to another area!

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 04:12:26 pm »
:oops: I need to visit Ojaveda more often then! ;)

Don't bother they have guards now....