Author Topic: Mob server is ANNOYING!!!  (Read 1600 times)

nightwolf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Mob server is ANNOYING!!!
« on: April 12, 2008, 01:28:54 am »
This Mob Server Down is the most important problem and makes most players leave!
Why? Because:
1) They have nothing to do cuz they have no money and no mining skill.
2) Because nobody likes walking a half our than watching your character mine a half hour, than going back.
3) Because fighting monsters is the most important thing.
If the NPC server is down, monsters should just stop fighting back or moving. Ppl leave ps because they see how boring this game is.
Yes, it is boring without having monsters to fight. Monster fighting is the most important thing in a MMORPG.

Gondric

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Mob server is ANNOYING!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 01:38:20 am »
If the NPC server is down, monsters should just stop fighting back or moving.

Most of the time they do that anyways :P

nightwolf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:45:21 am »
If the NPC server is down, monsters should just stop fighting back or moving.

Most of the time they do that anyways :P
Please, can you repeat?
You mean the mobs stop fighting back most of time?
I ment players should be able to atack them.

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 01:46:38 am »
Hmm...

You can try questing while waiting for the NPC server to come up, or maybe you could try some actual role playing.  Just two possible suggestions...

The NPC server problems are being addressed and until then you will just need to be patient and remember that this is a game in development and issues will arise at times that take longer than a few moments to fix.

I would suggest a lock for this topic as it is one that we have seen many times. Neko?

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 01:53:52 am »
This Mob Server Down is the most important problem and makes most players leave!
Why? Because:

There are other ways to make some money.

2) Because nobody likes walking a half our than watching your character mine a half hour, than going back.

I would advise to speak for your own and not use generalisations to back up your opinion. Be assured that you don't know everyone and their opinion.

No, it is not. The most important thing is roleplaying.

nightwolf

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 02:00:59 am »
Why? Because:

There are other ways to make some money.

I would advise to speak for your own and not use generalisations to back up your opinion. Be assured that you don't know everyone and their opinion.

No, it is not. The most important thing is roleplaying.

But newbies play PS to fight, and if its not possible, they just leave.
And roleplaying can't bring you experience or money.

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 02:11:20 am »
But newbies play PS to fight.

Do they? Really?

And roleplaying can't bring you experience or money.

Well, you don't really need experience points or money to roleplay.

If you are just into fighting and leveling up your character I can suggest a lot of asia grinding games (most of them even free to play) where you can slay monsters all the time and which don't offer any form roleplaying.

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2008, 02:18:35 am »
Welcome to the world of game development. If you can't handle it I suggest you search a game that is completed and play that. ;)

Planeshift will have bugs, server crashes, wipes and many other issues. No way around that.
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Kaerli

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008, 06:35:07 am »
* Kaerli thinks Magodra broke it  X-/ :oops:

Ravenguard

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Stupid Demons
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 01:26:38 am »
Dunno about you, but I've gotten money, experience, and really pretty gloves from RP (the one RP I really got into, and enjoyed).  Not like I wear the gloves, ever, because they're like, fancy gloves, but I keep them in my pack and look lovingly at them from time to time.

I do agree that I like fighting the monsters, not necessarily for the fighting aspect (but yes, it is fun to rampage about the rats for a bit), but for the leveling ones (rampaging the Trepors instead).  It's easier to get PPs from fighting monsters than mining, or metallurgy.  That's the only thing I really miss when the monsters get impervious; that buying the next level in Metallurgy costs several hundred PPs and I'm running out of ways of getting lots of PPs.

Doing quests is a nice way to pass the time.  Then if not mining, then metallurgy.  If not that, then pop into a tavern or other populated area and try to get involved with something.  Doesn't always work, and sometimes bad things happen, but that's life, eh?

Prolix

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 02:15:01 am »
It certainly can be frustrating to be unable to level your character, and some of the quests are really tedious for low level characters, like the ones that entail copious amounts of travel. There is no telling how much walking a quest is going to take before you accept it and I think that is something that needs to be addressed. Perhaps there could be a cheat code by way of text color that would indicate the amount of walking required. For example within one city the activating question could be in green text,  for a trip to an adjacent city and back it could be yellow and for multiple trips to an adjacent city or to a non adjacent location it could be red. This would be OOC information but it would be useful so that new players do not get stuck with quests they would rather delete. It does not seem fair that a character can take five hours of dedicated play at a low level for the same reward that a higher level character can get in two, just because the higher one does not need to rest. The alternative to such a system is to have the rewards reflect the relative difficulty of the quest.

It is true that there are many things about PS that are annoying and need improvement but there are many things that are good as well. I hate to say this but if you are a new character you should definitely take advantage of the mobs when they do not fight back and train on the highest pp awarding mob you can kill in a reasonable time. I would not say it if there were not as many times when you can not kill anything at all as there are. It can be almost as hard to get involved in an interesting role play session as it is to avoid the negatories on the forum when you are discovering the prevailing winds of fashion.

Personally I have had my battles on these forums and have managed to carve out my place, the key is to try to remain thoughtful and polite just as it is in the game. By thoughtful I mean thinking about what you are saying and I do not mean thinking what will please others. Knee jerk posts trigger knee jerk response and things go downhill from there. Do try to think about who your character is in game.

It can be hard if your character is one who is driven to self-improvement when the faulty game mechanics get in your way, there is no real way to talk in character about how you are not training because the npc server is down but you could invent an excuse such as an injury that is preventing you from continuing your training and make up some wild stories as to how it happened as long as the fit the settings. You can spend the time exploring or gathering herbs to sell, takes no skill to do either of those.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 11:00:50 am »
You make some interesting points I suppose.  I am a bit alarmed at why it would take you 30 minuets to run to any mine..and where you're running back because right now the most profitable mine is next to a furnace. And so be honest...I can run from the top of the Bronze door fortress all the way to Oja in less than 30min...

And yes, as the game is still in  :beta: there are many times when the NPC server is down. But the good news? they know about it and are working hard to correct that issue as we speak. you have to remember that the devs are not getting paid for this, they take time out of their life to volunteer for this and to bring us happiness and fun. and I'd like to thank them for that.

One of the things noobs have to learn is this game is still in progress and will have bugs, crashes, down time, and wipes, as mentioned before, its part of the fun.
Also as suggested you can try to quest, as much as you can unless you need an NPC part and are unable to buy it in auction, but not all quests need NPC parts.
Also now would be a really great time to learn how to role play or to explore the maps and learn your way around.

Good luck! Enjoy PlaneShift!

Noriin

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 01:50:07 am »
I can run from the top of the Bronze door fortress all the way to Oja in less than 30min...

You just manage to send so many tells and gossip in that time that it feels like much less than 30 mins ^_^'
*runs off to hide where an outlaw would never enter: the library!*

But but.. Izzy you know I love you!

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 08:41:02 am »
Developers share your frustration.

Izzabella

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Outlaws
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 09:22:50 am »
I can run from the top of the Bronze door fortress all the way to Oja in less than 30min...

You just manage to send so many tells and gossip in that time that it feels like much less than 30 mins ^_^'
*runs off to hide where an outlaw would never enter: the library!*

But but.. Izzy you know I love you!

Fist off I think you mean much 'more' than 30 min ;)
And second Velh is rubbing off you too much :P