Author Topic: Brief (and dubious) Encounter  (Read 659 times)

potatoehead64

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Multiply Blog Page
Brief (and dubious) Encounter
« on: April 27, 2008, 03:09:51 pm »
Twas an Yliakum day of great toil for this study Ylian. A seasoned traveler and merchant  between Ojeveda and Hydlaa, Marthron arrived at the Kada El Tavern weary and worn from many an adventure and duel with creatures in abundance. Much wisdom had been gained from crafting weapons of some considerable value. Light from the crystal was now waning.... It was time for rest and relaxation... and perhaps and opportunity to imbibe some refreshment from this establishment of... well ... apparent good reputation.

Marthron purchased a flagon of ale and, seated in comfort at a table, reflected upon his exploits.
"Alas, tis with a weary heart I remember maidens of great beauty. My hearts desire is to sing another lament."

A female Diaboli of great beauty approaches and fixes Marthron with hypnotic stare, the curves of her lean a lythe body entrapping Marthron's thoughts.
"Greetings fair maiden. May I be of assistance?"
The Diaboli leans forward seductively and hold out her scarlet hand for Marthron to kiss.
"Verily, may I keep you company? I see you sit alone."
Marthron indicates for this maiden to sit at the table. They talk for some while. Marthron tells tales of his quests and adventures and the maiden listens intently, gazing into his eyes. After some while she clicks her fingers and a serving Ylian arrived with further refreshment. Ale is consumed throughout the evening.
"Shall we proceed downstairs and sit by the fire? Tis more cozy there." The Ylian follows down the stairs to the warmth, feeling more relaxed at the sound of the fire crackling in the hearth.
Marthron becomes mesmerized by gentle music. The Diaboli maiden tells of her talent for dance for which Marthron takes great interest. Suddenly, she takes his hand, stands and begins to dance seductively around him. Marthron is entranced by this display. She swirls around the room, then comes close and places a hand upon Marthron's cheek. They kiss and embrace.
"Perhaps you would like to move somewhere more comfortable." Marthron senses a sinister inflection in the Diaboli's voice. Nonetheless, he stands and folllows. Unsteady upon his feet, the room begins to spin and a feeling of nauseousness overcomes him. Faltering, he collapses upon the stairs and remains there unconscious for quite some time.
Eventually, coming round in dim light, he feels a chill. Limbs ache his head feels heavy. The tavern is empty, save for some distant sweeping upstairs. Marthron proceeds gingerly to the exit.
"That will be 4 circles sire." come words from the innkeeper.  Marthron reaches inside his pouch to discover that it is empty!
"I have been robbed!"
"So it seems sire, but you must pay or face the wrath of Hydlaa guards."
"Tis only one item I have of value. Please take this ancient diamond encrusted platinum sword. A weapon of dubious use in combat, but has much value for its rarity."
The innkeeper studies the sword and grins ironically. "Methinks this may cover your debt sire. Tis a lesson you have learned. You are welcome here again. Be sure to bring your items of value!"

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: Brief (and dubious) Encounter
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 04:05:49 pm »
Very Good. I enjoyed it. Will there be more? (I hope)
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards