Author Topic: The Official Phase Two City Contest: Amdeneir  (Read 62028 times)

Baldur

• Veteran
  • Disillusioning since 1989
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
Re: The Official Phase Two City Contest: Amdeneir
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2009, 10:18:34 am »

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2009, 08:33:22 pm »
Some quick sneak peeks:

Hospital and aquifer

Small aquifer boat.

Slums

Other

*These models and their textures are not quite complete. This is why there are errors with seams in textures and so forth. Also, a few pictures are a little bit old and are further along now. I just thought people might like to see how things are progressing.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #212 on: March 03, 2009, 04:37:29 am »
I'm so jealous of your productivity... xD

Nikodemus

• Prospects
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 03, 2009, 07:03:52 pm »
Is it contagious? Any side effects? ;p
The cave aqualifier could use some more diversity in shape ;D Well, it is another thing i would like to make some pieces, but i dont know if i find timez. Well, hard to exlain. Anyway, it looks like casual cave, so ok.

What you can failure tommorow, failure today.

Better click for shiny stylez Help me with images!

GlassZephyr

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 06, 2009, 03:19:35 am »
looks awesome  :)
should we be expecting it in-game by next autumn perhaps?
and also, whereabouts will it be added to the map?
between hydlaa and bd? or is that considered a spoiler >_>

Madoring

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:48 am »
First off, it looks amazing! /me is a proud Klyros and looking forward to having a city!
I am willing to bet it'll either be off BDROAD2 or through ojaveda...but im hoping it is super far out there to keep all non-klyros out!  JK  anyways, Good Job to those involved and i wish i could help out to speed progress up!  But alas, I'm not very artistic or good with programming.  Nor do i wish to spoil my home city  ;D  ok later and thanks for making this city possible! 

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 06, 2009, 08:28:17 pm »
I am willing to bet it'll either be off BDROAD2 or through ojaveda...but im hoping it is super far out there to keep all non-klyros out!  JK

There's also a good chance it'll be past Gugrontid on that road.

Prolix

« Reply #217 on: March 07, 2009, 10:16:11 am »
sure would be nice if it made a new link between East Hydlaa and Gugrontid such that Hydlaa can be bypassed but that would likely mean going around the back of the central shaft and as such connect to the back of Ojaveda. That is one thing that is kind of odd about the maps the central shaft is only approachable from the winch. If this is going to be the Klyros town shouldn't it be on the central shaft aerie with houses built on precipices? I suppose maybe on the outer wall built up on the cliff sides. Surely though gliding sentients would have high perches to take off on. Perhaps I missed some evidence of this in the previous comments, I admit to following this thread haphazardly at best.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #218 on: March 07, 2009, 11:20:43 am »
Is it contagious? Any side effects? ;p

Well, ok. A good excuse would be that I have 2 tests, 1 essay, 2 tasks and one month project waiting to be finished :(

Talad

• Administrator
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 07, 2009, 06:11:36 pm »
Good day (or night)! I see you have produced quite a good set of material here for the city contest, and I think it's time to see if we can assemble all those pieces into a REAL level.

Congratulations on what you have accomplished with a community driven project.

I need your help to make a comprehensive list of assets, so we have a full picture of what's available. Can someone go through all posts and make a list? Can all the people who contributed check if they still have the sources files of the assets and prepare those for sending it to the devs?

I will be glad to take a serious look at what you did, and maybe have some devs complete the missing pieces.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #220 on: March 07, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »
It is so that we have a database with our collected assets updated with new assets almost daily. It was supplied by Xordan :) *gives Xordan a bow* We don't use the thread for uploading concepts and ideas but mainly we post completed assets which we feel are good enough for showcasing.

If you'd like, I or Nikodemuss(or Zwei for that matter, he's been a big part of the creating process after all!) could send you the ftp details to give you full access to the FTP database.

Again, I'm proud of being a member of this team and proud being a part of this project. kougaro, crj, Nikodemus, Zweitholou. Even if it's been a few loops the experience working with you has been nothing but giving.

* Baldur nods respectfully to the rest of the crowd.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:34:51 pm by Baldur »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 09, 2009, 09:56:05 am »
Forward the information to Talad Baldur.

Baldur

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • My Deviant
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2009, 10:49:29 am »
Forward the information to Talad Baldur.
Niko's done that, XilliX. As a sidenote he told me he's also asked the team for us to be in on a corner to help you materialize the vision we've had about the city. And I must say I share his request ni this matter, as does Zweitholou. We've had long discussions on the chat with the unfortune to never have logged this bulk and we would see "our" city, as I'm quite sure we all call it, and our work to no avail if we weren't part of it and others, unaware of our conclusions and experiences during these 8 months, would start building upon it. I can sense a measure of the concern I sense to be "exaggerated", in lack of other words but this concern resembles that of a mother to it's baby. The creator to it's kin.

The info we presented in this thread before we started using the chat had been worth working with but when we started chatting live the discussions went way farther. We all have it in our heads and some of it we know is hard to describe in a few pages(Now don't make us write this down :P). We're hardworking men and women in the real world as well as in the project so an extra workload into explaining it on paper would both be time-consuming and pointless, because it's part-soul-part-craft. This I write with a stern and unwavering belief as I sit here watching the screen.

Nikodemus wants to go on, Zweitholou wants to go on, I haven't spoken to Anumesa but I'm positive she's still optimistic with working with the NPC material(as was I and Zwei). Today my workload is beginning to lessen though I see this oppportunity as a lightening of the workload(apparently I'm lazier than they are according to Niko, even though he's soon to collect a cult due to his laziness) but I still plan to help my mates just as I have before, and delegate where I can.

Sincerely, Baldur.

Anumesa

« Reply #223 on: March 09, 2009, 01:39:28 pm »
Just a little P.S. to Baldur's comment: I continue to be extremely enthusiastic about this project, and despite an enormous workload at school atm, i would absolutely LOVE the opportunity to continue working on the Amdeneir NPCs :)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2009, 12:27:49 pm »
I have no idea what you meant Baldur. . .