Author Topic: Alright, down to Business. How can someone with no skills make lots of Tria?  (Read 925 times)

Malehizen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
I started the game about a month ago and have not been able to make any cash. Killing gets me nowhere (a few Tria a run) and quests are about the same. I'm trying to get Job skill and $$$ making skills but nothing is moving in the green... just in the fund-less direction. Anyway, since all the rest of you are experienced and know the tricks of PS, how do i make a decent haul?

Your truely,
The moneyless man. ???
You will only receive as much respect and integrity and you show to others...

It takes 11 muscles to frown and 4 to slap that motherf@#$er across the face :D

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
Get a job.  Like join a guild or something.

Prolix

Roam the countryside and gather herbs, buy a pick and mine some platinum. Do errands for npcs. Swindle rich PCs.

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Wouldn't platinum take some skill in mining, which costs time and effort to obtain?

There's no "get rich quick" scheme that works. Develop your skills - you can still have fun while doing so (try to spark a roleplay while you're mining or smithing or whatever, start a roleplay "hunt" with some people, join a talkative guild and use guildchat while you grind, etc...)
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

macchesney

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Malehizen.. its not about where you are.. its about the journy :)

Malehizen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
ok new thiny. How much does iron sell for. Average Price: ??? tria

Tuxide

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Banker
ok new thiny. How much does iron sell for. Average Price: ??? tria
Well, you can find that out in-game, why should something like this have to be answered here?

Malehizen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
i'm just trying to sell at an average price so i'm not cheating people or being cheated

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
You're far more likely to get an answer in-game, especially if you ask in character. The price likely fluctuates (I don't buy much iron so I wouldn't know), so asking around and letting people haggle is probably a better way to find out.  :)
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Ichaas

Honestly - if you ant something done ingame, want to find some OOC information, forget it. Even ingame.
It's kinda like talking to elitist psuedo intellectuals sometimes, cause of the overplayed "spoilers" issue. You will ask , even if you do use the correct out of character formula aka: brackets, you will most likely be met with a resounding wail of ignorance, short, useless answers or somthing else along the same lines.

However they are right when they say there is no get rich quick method, at the moment platinum apparantly sells for alot, but who wants to take the time mining large rocks for ever and a day. Kill things: Rogues, mercenaries etc now drop a decent amount of money so after a few you can get athousand or so tria, which will buy you your next weapon grade. However you'll have to hope they drop new weapons alot unless you wan to go back and do the mining/smithing quest, which at this point in time seems unavoidable seeing as there are no weapon vendors anymore. We can smith weapons but I'd rather just butcher large amounts of people for their money and their possessions. After all, it fits with my character slightly more than hitting rocks with a pickaxe all day.

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The simple quests give you less money than the more complex quests, where you have to travel back and forth between the settlements. Some quests even give unique rewards. So, doing quests can give you some money/items and it can be fun.

Malehizen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Alright i think i've got the scope of the matter and thanks everyone for your advise.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
BTW: Even "malus quests" exist -- malus being the opposite of bonus, so doing them may lead into a loss for you. Use your "horse sense"! :D

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty