Author Topic: Glass and paper gui skin  (Read 7221 times)

Socius Rockus

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Wibble myself: 17years I was gone, give or take
    • View Profile
Re: Glass and paper gui skin
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2008, 10:29:23 am »
First of all  \\o// Very nice smooth and clean work :D I really like it!

Second, I might have a semi-solution to the popup problem. If you roll over a menu item it pop 'down'. maybe it should stay down when you select it?
Most people have at least the chat window selected so they can see from that to where the menu-gui reaches ;)

:lol: :flowers:

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2008, 10:45:52 am »
To Caarrie:
Thanks for the screenshots, I've updated gm, quest reward and guild permission window backdrops. For the setup program mess I can do little; it uses examine window backdrop, but doesn't seem to take into account the texturerect-setting. In-game examine window looks ok though. The inventory doll shade is intentional. I tried to create an illusion that there is a slightly coloured glass on top of the char. And also to lessen the contrast between the doll and the window bg, so it wouldn't jump out so much. The equip slot icons are also left out intentionally, to make the inventory screen less messy. There's still the tooltip to tell what slot is what.

As i said in my post i have a modified inventory window, so what i showed there is *not* what is in your skin, for that matter i have no idea what the normal inventory screen looks like in your gui due to my modification. I know some slots dont look right but it is a wip and i need devs permission before i can submit the code for it, it also does need a few pieces of art that your skin is missing maybe i will talk to you sometime about how we can add them and use them if i make this code public at a later date. [does require code changes so i am not sure how many people will be willing to try it.]

Prolix

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:29 pm »
One thing I have noticed after downloading the updated version is that on the menu at least there is inconsistency in the capitalizations. Some letters are capital while others are not. For example 'iNVENTORY', 'GUiLD'. On closer examination it is just the i's which are not capitalized. It looks a little odd.

Kemex

• Traveller
  • - If can be done, then i will code it -
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2008, 08:23:40 pm »
Good Job!
Excelent work!

Keep doing good.

:thumbup:

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2008, 02:50:33 pm »
I'm with it for a week now. Awesome skin, Cherppow  :flowers:.

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 10:55:24 am »
For some reason it doesn't work for me, I got it, put the zip in the skins folder, selected with the setup, but i end up using the default skin, any idea why?

BTW i'm running a mac OSX
Poet, Scholar, Traveler, average guy.
Iers, Strathus, Devitus, me.

Durwyn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 11:13:43 am »
be sure you clicked on "OK" after selected it  ;D then launch  :P
http://arjrcouvin.jimdo.com/
Athénée Royal Jean Rey Couvin

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 12:16:53 pm »
I can't beleive I just now noticed this thread.  I love how light-weight and yet usable this is.  I think I will keep using it.  Great work Cherppow!
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

Nalain Tarek

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 01:00:16 pm »
yeah i did that, but it still doesn't work.
Poet, Scholar, Traveler, average guy.
Iers, Strathus, Devitus, me.

BlackDogSpark

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • My dog's pages (TEXT IN FINISH)
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2008, 08:52:44 am »
WOW very nice skin indeed :thumbup:
For we are many

Cherppow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 02:34:15 am »
Greetings,

Thanks for the comments everyone. Sorry for the long respond time, I'm on holiday. :)

To Prolix: Aye, that's true. I'll try fixing it once I return home. (The I characters were capitalized at first but I changed their look. This was because on small resolutions they looked very similar to T characters.)

To Nalain Tarek: Hmm. Does the GP skin appear like below in the setup program when you select it?

1. If it does: The skin is installed properly and the zip is working, but somehow the skin fails to load when in-game. You could try re-downloading the zip, just to be sure there are no broken files. If it still doesn't work, try checking PS client log files if they reveal which file fails to load.

2. If it does not: The skin is not installed properly, or the zip is not working.  Be sure you've copied (don't unzip) the zip to correct directory. If you have many versions of PS installed, check that it's the version which you use to play. You can also try renaming GP_skin.zip -> elves.zip (backup the original) and then select elves skin from setup program. If it still doesn't appear as above picture, there's clearly something wrong with the zip. Maybe there is compatibility problems between windows and mac zip files? You could try unzipping the package into a temporary directory then packing it again with a mac based zip software. Also try viewing some of the .png, just to check that they are compatible with mac. Then copy the zipped archive into PS/art/skins. If it still doesn't work, try checking the PS client logs if they reveal what the problem is.

If anyone else with mac could post their experiences, it would be appreciated.

That's all I can think of, I hope some of it helps.
- Cherppow
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:36:57 am by Cherppow »

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 02:46:09 am »
wow! I like the look!

qbari

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2008, 01:32:00 am »
 \\o// Thank you! It's really nice, I'm using it without the popup option.

Oriten

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2008, 02:05:46 am »
really nice gui to play with Cherppow  \\o// well done!

For some reason it doesn't work for me, I got it, put the zip in the skins folder, selected with the setup, but i end up using the default skin, any idea why?

BTW i'm running a mac OSX

I got the gui to work on this Mac:

OS X 10.4.11
iMac G5
PowerPC G5  (3.1)
CPU Speed: 2 GHz
Memory: 1 GB
ATI Radeon 9600: 128 MB

If you try downloading it via Safari, it may decompress the zip file (single left click opens a new window and then starts downloading). This is what happened to me the first time and rezipping the downloaded folder didn't help.

Instead, try right clicking (or for those poor souls with a single button mouse then Control and click) and choose Download Linked File - this doesn't open a new window but instead just starts the download process. Do not unzip the file. Follow the rest of the instructions as stated and it should load up.

Brinnen1

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 03:54:30 pm »
If people like it, I've no problem donating it to AB.

Will this become a default PlaneShift GUI skin choice in the future? This thread seems to have been forgotten.