Author Topic: orchabaly  (Read 3055 times)

maui

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
orchabaly
« on: June 03, 2008, 05:27:38 pm »
so, orchabaly needs some special jelly and said to me to get in the east part of hydlaa, i wrote all on the quest notes but when i tryed to read them there wasn't and i saved anyway i just need the name of the person who has thids special jelly if somebody know him or her (NPC i mean) could answer me?
i tryed to search on my logs. but all was very old like 2007 i don't know how to gfet it pleas help :-[

Cebot

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: orchabaly
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 06:39:24 pm »
You can find the all your conversations in your chatlogs. Off head I only know the location for them on linux: /home/yourusername/.PlaneShift/logs/charname_chat.txt
So why do I love when I still feel pain?
When does it end, when is my work done?
Why do I fight and why do I feel that
I carry a sword, that I carry a sword through a battlefield?

VNV Nation - Joy

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »
You can find the all your conversations in your chatlogs. Off head I only know the location for them on linux: /home/yourusername/.PlaneShift/logs/charname_chat.txt

that will not help him if he last worked on that quest in 2007 and that was not added to the game till much later

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 09:44:01 pm »
You can do a petition in game or find a GM and they can help you. I can also give you a hand if you find me on IRC.

maui

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 12:11:54 pm »
i did try to ask to gm in game but he told me that can't give me anyhelp about quest i as well said him that the notes in quest vanishied so i need a help again.... :-[

Kaityra

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 12:30:57 pm »
You have a PM.

Rizin

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 02:17:48 pm »
Find me in game or in IRC and I can help you.

potatoehead64

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Multiply Blog Page
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 01:49:04 am »
so, orchabaly needs some special jelly and said to me to get in the east part of hydlaa, i wrote all on the quest notes but when i tryed to read them there wasn't and i saved anyway i just need the name of the person who has thids special jelly if somebody know him or her (NPC i mean) could answer me?
i tryed to search on my logs. but all was very old like 2007 i don't know how to gfet it pleas help :-[

I've just done this quest. When you find the right person you should find it's pretty straight forward.
On the subject of quest notes, I've often found that mine disappear. It's quite frustrating and I'm resorting to faithful old quill and papris to make notes now (when I remember to that is)!  ;)
I discovered that if I don't hit return to a new line in the quest notes field, the notes often fail to save. Just a little tip that may help for the future.

Marthron

Mizzy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 05:00:08 pm »
I've just done this quest. When you find the right person you should find it's pretty straight forward.

Marthron

Really? I find the right person, try to ask in every way I could imagine and still the NPC says she don't understand me...  :(
Ans she doesn't have a "trade" button ever!!!

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Rrivaln hrraln mo hetakh! (Enkien)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 05:13:46 pm »
Ans she doesn't have a "trade" button ever!!!

Try typing /give in your chat window then (NPC must be targeted). That should open the trade window.

And about the problems with understanding: check your chat logs again. It's always better to check once more than to figure out later that all the frustration was because of a tiny difference in the phrase.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:18:55 pm by Morla Phlint »

since 0.3.019 Crystal Blue || Sometimes a ragequit is the right decision.

Mizzy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 05:36:49 pm »
Thanks for the hint with the trade.
I will recheck the logs, but I write down before the exact words of the quest-giver and try in every way to tell her...there is some special way to write numbers? she don't understan me, but to me the sentence seems quite clear...

Modify: now I'm struck with this number thing..I give the object to the NPC and I can't find the right thing to say. If I disconnect what will happen?? The quest will stay frozen? Or I will lost the item and the possibility to end this thing?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 05:41:14 pm by Mizzy »

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 05:47:01 pm »
I haven't done this quest unfortunately so can't help you a lot. But generally after you give a NPC an item and then it asks you about something, it should still wait for your answer after a relog. Sometimes a quest can "break" after a server crash for example so it's not 100 % safe but a normal relog shouldn't be a problem.

Mizzy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 05:57:05 pm »
Thank you for you help. This is very frustrating to have to stay here 30 minutes only to say "I need ******(number) of that thing" :@#\ and I don't even find the logs...I suppose I'm doing somethig wrong but onestly I can't imagine waht  ???

Morla Phlint

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 06:01:25 pm »
You are welcome  :flowers:. And I know how frustrating it can get. My advice would be: go take some rest and fresh air and then come back and maybe ask other players in in-character manner for help. The misunderstanding with the NPC might turn into a nice roleplay ;)

Mizzy

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 06:03:21 pm »
Thanks, I think I will do that!  :surrender:

Update: I tried everything I can think, I tried used the same words the NPC just said, I tried to ask someone in charachter ma nobody has done that quest.
And now??? I also tried to ask my item back to the NPC to do that quest in another time, but she doesn't understand that either.
This is really annoying...two days with a stuping thing like this!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 08:41:32 am by Mizzy »