Author Topic: cant start game, fragnetics keeps failing  (Read 1165 times)

demonrise

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
cant start game, fragnetics keeps failing
« on: June 30, 2008, 07:15:30 pm »
first of all my updater isnt working, i cant edit files like it said because all my .xml files seem to open some chess program on my computer and i dont know why, i dont know what alias to make it.  Also the frag server fails and i dont know if i have to open a port or what, i am having a whole chain of problems and i tried everything but a new problem just keeps popping up! any help would be appreciated.

Kryzyzkowski

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: cant start game, fragnetics keeps failing
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 08:10:40 pm »
Hi. I am getting the same problem. I am running a 64 bit debian, and planeshift has worked for me two releases ago. (1.39 or something like that). 1.40 has not worked for me either, but that was due to some lib boost I can't install. Is the server down right now, or is it just me and demonrise cannot connect to it?

would I be more successful compiling source myself, or is this just a network issue?

The game does not tell me something is wrong when reading the terminal output, the only issues in that have to do with duplicate textures textures I think.

I also cannot run the updater.

and sorry to be of no help whatsoever, good luck fixing the chess problem (my guess is that at some point you told an application to run with chess, and that has become the default for unknown file types this has happened to me). Are you using windows or linux?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 08:19:49 pm by Kryzyzkowski »

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 08:45:08 pm »
server is down. use http://laanx.fragnetics.com/ , if it says timeout or has only a couple people on it, its down.

Chronology

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:46:40 pm »
server is down. use http://laanx.fragnetics.com/ , if it says timeout or has only a couple people on it, its down.

Please define *couple*. Do you mean 3, 50, or 100. Cause there's been 60-odd people on for a while. Yeah, with over 500 000 accounts, it:s pretty small in comparaison, but wouldn't that mean the server is up?

-Chronology

Chronology

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:58:52 pm »
By the way, I have same problem. Server always fails. Everything checked out, IP adress, all that, but nothing. I really want to start playing!

-Chronology

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 01:41:36 am »
couple, generally less than 5 or so?

Aburi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:31:40 am »
according to http://laanx.fragnetics.com/index.php?page=about_page there are currently 32 people online, but i cant seem to get anything but "Failed" when i try to log in.  are the 32 people testers or part of the Dev team or do i have a technical problem with my client

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:41:54 am »
I think it would be a technical problem with your client....could be that the site hasnt updated itself, so you could try refreshing it a couple times to see.

edit: it is a technical problem. just checked the page, 35 ppl on, I'm in the game, so its running.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:45:38 am by theirah »

Aburi

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:44:55 am »
I think it would be a technical problem with your client....could be that the site hasnt updated itself, so you could try refreshing it a couple times to see.

ok cheers, im trying a re-install to see if this fixes my problem, if not then i guess i cant play

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:34 am »
there are other connection things that you can try, opening a port, I think 7777 but not sure (search the forum. There have been a lot of connection posts in the past, and you might find your answer in one.

Kryzyzkowski

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 07:42:31 pm »
this is a little off topic, but what about all of your updaters? mine does not work at all, it doesn't leave any useful terminal output. So the server is up now? I still can't get to it. http://laanx.fragnetics.com/index.php?page=about_page says it is offline.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:47:22 pm by Kryzyzkowski »

theirah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 07:55:56 pm »
the server is up and down. Its coming up a lot more often, but typically only lasts for a min or two before crashing again

Xordan

• Crystal Space Developer
  • Forum Addict
  • For God and the Empire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 08:27:07 pm »
I'm working on the server atm, trying to make it more stable. Sorry for the crashing.

migueltherocker

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 08:49:50 pm »
I'm working on the server atm, trying to make it more stable. Sorry for the crashing.
:) :D ;D ::) O--) \\o// :flowers: :lol: :thumbup: :woot:
Thank You!
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.
-Robert Frost

Bragan

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 09:11:35 pm »
first of all my updater isnt working, i cant edit files like it said because all my .xml files seem to open some chess program on my computer and i dont know why, i dont know what alias to make it.  Also the frag server fails and i dont know if i have to open a port or what, i am having a whole chain of problems and i tried everything but a new problem just keeps popping up! any help would be appreciated.

If double-clicking the .xml files opens a program you don't want it to, right-click on the icon, there should be an "Open with" option or similar. Windows users you may have to SHIFT+right-click.