Author Topic: Rain-fall.... off  (Read 616 times)

Pizik

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Rain-fall.... off
« on: July 17, 2008, 06:22:50 am »
Little idea I had for more realistic rain effects. When issuing the /rain command it would be nice to have a falloff parameter. How I envision it working would be you issue another number after the other options that would indicate the range from the sector the command is targetted on. As an example, if you used the value of 2 targetted on Gugrontid, then rain would fall at 100% of the chosen intensity in Gugrontid, then 50% intensity in the gugrontid to BDroad1 corridor then 25% in BDroad1 and then have no effect in connecting sectors. A level of 3 would do 100%, 75%, 50% in the sectors mentioned above, then 25% in bdroad2 and the forest road north of Hydlaa. level 4 would be 100%, 80%, 60%, 40%, and 20% and so on (up to a pre-defined distance cap  for simplicity).

I'm sure we have all stood on a map boundary and seen it bone dry on our side and raining kitties and puppies on the other side. A similar function could be used for snow and fog which both have great effect on atmosphere which is then destroyed when you are near a map boundary.

Anyway, please dicuss the pros and cons of this idea.
Proceeding through life like a cat without whiskers, perpetually stuck behind the refrigerator.

Raa

• Veteran
  • Halp meh...!
    • View Profile
Re: Rain-fall.... off
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 12:42:25 pm »
I like this idea... Seems a lot more realistic. But I suck at technology, so I can't really say much else.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 03:29:48 pm »
Sounds ok. However, I would add this:
* Under the moon sets debuff status 'damp' to all Enkis who stand out in the rain.

Natrina

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
    • The Dark Empire
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 12:18:28 pm »
Sounds ok. However, I would add this:
* Under the moon sets debuff status 'damp' to all Enkis who stand out in the rain.

Damp? Wet kitties? Oh noes! I like it :P

"I had a dream of a Golden Darkness."
Guild Leader of The Imperial Trades.
Hail the Dark Empire