Author Topic: PS Webcomic!  (Read 11484 times)

Toox

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: PS Webcomic!
« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2008, 10:00:33 am »
What are your favorite moments...
Ballser godmoding his reappearing loin cloth in Arc 7.  How did that happen?

:whistling:

Erm, well, umm, the teleportation glyph makes them respawn in the new area, and as a result, they respawn in their standard form.  :innocent:

Bamko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2008, 06:43:05 pm »
The other day, at harnquist, I saw an eldemar, doing what appeared to be the stinky ulberbutt dance on someone. 

a steel stock, 1000 trias,

a pair of perfect sabres, 40,000 trias

being within earshot as Eldemar does the stinky ulberbut dance.... Priceless.

Eldemar

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2008, 12:47:42 pm »
Sadly, the most interesting character, Eldemar, has yet to see his potential.  Why not mine some of his gems, like the pooh covered hands or the shovel that digs gold?  How about his propensity toward doxies and drink?

newskies

• Traveller
  • Caccar con le falcon
    • View Profile
    • LordKaldasWeb.de
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2008, 06:25:49 pm »
I don't exactly like the graphics much, but it's nice anyways  8)
Matona mia carra
Mi follere canzon
Cantar sotto finestra
Lantze buon compagnon

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2008, 07:12:32 pm »
the graphics are part of the whole thing Don't knock the artist otherwise we may not have the humour

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2008, 11:33:16 am »
To each their own I say, newskies. I think it is great and hope to see more real soon. Great job Toox!
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Waoknie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2008, 06:00:01 pm »
I can only say I wish I had half your creativity. I love the concept, the drawings are perfect. BTW, you have a great conception of scale, simple 3D expression (maybe the simplest I've seen in ages) and control of impersonation through it all (i love the gm's perspective). And that's what makes it so good.
Maybe you should sell the webcomics IG.. you may get enough tria to show us what these trolls can mess up by getting some real power.
I wouldn't care if it's OOC.
I love Eldemar's rp spells.. rp can kill ya for good!

and Thank You!

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2008, 06:14:05 am »
* Mathy Stockington looks at this thread to see if she missed an installment and looks sad to see she has not.

Please Sir when you have time provide us with more. It is very well done.

Toox

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 12:07:41 am »
I'm working on it...

8, maybe 12 more strips. Making them takes a surprising amount longer than anticipated. When I had some time between activities, I used to sit and do nothing, and now I'll sit and bang out a strip or two in the 10 minutes I have. Right now my schedule is insane, so there isn't much time to spend on myself, a lament I'll bet most of you are saying right now. I'll have more free time starting in mid-November, and then I won't know what to do with myself.  :o

Thanks Waoknie, but there won't be anything in game, although a Toox might wander the plaza when I have a lot of time to work on the comic. The art, if anyone is wondering, is a collaboration of 4 or so comics that I read that use stickish figures, and the buildings, although some look silly, are from the remnants of a chapter in a geometry class I took 3 years ago. I'm working on making 3d drawings better, too.

The next one will have around 65 strips, I think, and will be organized similarly to the Hydlaa one. If I haven't done so by then, Sunday for sure. I've been looking forward to doing number 9, the one after this, and am going to try a few new things in it, but this current  one will be pretty standard.

-edit- Whoo! I finished! 78 strips... I'll put 'em up tommorrow, because it'll take some time to spread them out in a coherent way, and I'm going to bed. It might not even work if I mix the story lines up, so I'll see.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:33:09 am by Toox »

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 07:10:07 am »
Toox,

With the explanation of what goes into your comic strip I admire your work all the more. Thank you for allowing us to know the details. I patiently wait for your next installment.

Regards,

Mathy

Toox

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 13, 2008, 01:14:49 pm »
Done! Due to typo corrections and line additions that were needed, it came out at 80.  ::|

I tried to keep it coherent even with all of the changes, although some stories were very spread out. I recomend reading the whole thing top to bottom, then focusing on some of the storylines individually. It just didn't look good with 4 individual stories, and didn't quite match the chaos that most of you know as Kada-El's, so I spread it apart.

Arc 8

Visual gags, recurring characters, not-so-subtle foreshadowing, and minor background details from in-game, along with everything else...

I'm working on number 9...

Kieve

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Creative Hack
    • View Profile
    • KRS MediaWorks
« Reply #86 on: September 13, 2008, 01:53:06 pm »
"And you, loincloth, next time less flames."

...we seriously need a :rofl: emote. :lol: :thumbup:

Gaian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2008, 02:11:11 pm »
 ;D , just as always. I'm bored of laughing  :P

Vannaka

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 13, 2008, 04:34:02 pm »
lol, when did they start winning fights and stuff? toox = the man
Censorship FTW.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 13, 2008, 07:36:22 pm »
What can I say that others haven't? Absolutely nothing. So at the risk of being very unoriginal ...... LOL, OMG very funny and more please!  :lol:
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!