Author Topic: Update 2008-08-04  (Read 832 times)

Adrenalina

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Update 2008-08-04
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:03:10 pm »
Hi,
I read on the homepage planeshift it something about a new update. Is this also for Mac PPC? and when yes, which is the newest updater for MacPPC.

You know that I have much troubles.  with updater.
My Mac is a G4 PPC 1Ghz, 2GB RAM,  Grafic: ATI Radeon 9600 Pro  with 256 MB VRAM.

I want that I can play the game with all territories. For now I cannot play, Arena, Bdrd2 and BD.

thanks

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Update 2008-08-04
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 08:24:21 pm »
the update is as normal a universal binary so yes it is for ppc as well as intel. it does not fix the crashing on loading several maps for ppc users.

Trymm

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 01:11:29 am »
I want that I can play the game with all territories. For now I cannot play, Arena, Bdrd2 and BD.
Unfortunately this seems to be a problem which persists for PPC-users also with this release. We are aware of it, however, and working towards a solution. Please have patience. :)

-Trymm

Bakin_Fundinson

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Improving life for Stonehammers Dome-wide :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 01:58:35 am »
We are aware of it, however, and working towards a solution. Please have patience. :)
Excellent news, Trymm! While being patient, I will explore all the nooks & crannies of Hydlaa central, which is where I can go at present.  >o)
So please don't rush it - I and many others, I'm sure, will wait as long as it takes till you Masters of Dev have perfected the Code...  ::)
Do you have a feature request already to make updates automatic? Well, perhaps it's a little too soon to have that, but when we proceed to Beta-stage, perhaps?  :beta:  \\o//
But thanks for this update, can't wait to see what's been done next time I'm online
We, all of us, serve a higher purpose. Finding it out, however... :)

Adrenalina

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 06:13:46 am »
Hi, Trymn
thank you for the clear answer. I will hope that the devs will make, that also we PPC Users can play Planeshift so good, as we have played before the 4.01 release. When the time has come and the problems are repaired, I hope that there will be a message in the forum.

Thanks for your work

Adrenalina

ingame Veralina

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 06:29:52 am »
Do you have a feature request already to make updates automatic? Well, perhaps it's a little too soon to have that, but when we proceed to Beta-stage, perhaps? 

something like this is in the early stages already.