Author Topic: In regard to the event "The Night Rogue Strikes"  (Read 3087 times)

Luzino

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: In regard to the event "The Night Rogue Strikes"
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 02:38:33 am »
I honestly wander around at night with a torch, half-scared that the rogue will appear.

I share that fear and it kept me offline. Yeah, I'm that sort of person. :-/ As I wrote in another thread I don't want to get involved in events for personal reasons (nothing to do with the work of devs, settings etc.). Though after reading that (most) players are asked if they want to get involved in this one I might reconsider logging on while the event is still on.
So much to do - and so little time...

Gaian

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 11:04:38 am »
*Gaian mumbles
Yes, I agree with Xillix, as Mathy.

Ah, and...
I honestly wander around at night with a torch, half-scared that the rogue will appear.

I share that fear and it kept me offline. Yeah, I'm that sort of person. :-/ As I wrote in another thread I don't want to get involved in events for personal reasons (nothing to do with the work of devs, settings etc.). Though after reading that (most) players are asked if they want to get involved in this one I might reconsider logging on while the event is still on.

Don't worry, you just have to stay in places full of players, Hanrquist's is enough safe. The Rogue isn't that idiot  ;)

Plus message:
For the genies that yesterday shouted all around where is the Night Rogue...
He isn't that idiot, I repeat. If you want people coming and fight/talk/deal and other with him... you'll fail. Why?
'Cause he'll escape if he perfectly knows that there's a bunch of people coming!  >:(
And, again, you leave the pleasure to meet him in the "peace and silence of the darkness"  ;)
(well, I'll be more pleased to meet him alone than barely see him between all the people... :D )

Waoknie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2008, 01:18:58 pm »
  I understand Kaityra's complaint but I can't say I share 100% her opinion..

On one side, maybe the attacker could have set itself to the same stance as any GM does when givin' a speech, for example. Just simply non-attackable or what ever name the thingy has..

On another perspective, I agree totally with the godmoding for cases like this one, on which the GM's intention is to perform it's duty based on a storyline which takes more than a couple of seconds to achieve. Hadn't it been godmoded, the storyline would be different and the char is suposed to die quickly.

But this thread revealed some interesting hints about the future and that's another thing I want to take advantage of to spray some graphos on this wall..

If I'm not mistaken, characters (the ones handled by players) will be able to engage in quite interesting actions against other characters, objects, elements and alike.. Call them skills if you want.. I prefer: 'actions'.

Being this the case, then this promised future lights up a very interesting path.. one in which chars will finally face their reality: there is something wild about it all..

One wonders why these things have not being allocated. Some drop accusations, others become devil advocates, etc.. I just say.. I don't know and I don't want to. If you cannot pick a lock or physically rob something, dissappear, climb on statues, etc.. there must be a reason greater than will for it. Fact is: At this moment, player's chars can't do.

But.. There is a developing environment in which all these possibilities are on hold and as characters, they have become attached with those rules. Odd thing is, I find that the orientation is actually opposing to the possible existence of such actions. Such change in rules will also bring debate and perhaps fiercer than slaps on faces.

Because it will be a much different set of rules.. too far from what we see now, Guilds are crossing a mudflood at present IMO because the actual rules don't pose a challenge for chars. One can come and go as will.. unprotected, alone.. uncautious. But... remember the things out there?.. do you actually think about them?.. Who do you think you are to qualify a rogue's capabilities? or an Ulbernaut's? What about a Guard's? How deadly are your weapons? How are your enemies'? well, there will be a time in which being alone would be suicidal and then by facing the wild, chars will unite and guilds will pass the mud. ( I like to call that time 'The Rebirth Of The Guilds').

I've learned not to point fingers in here and post reflections instead of biased comments. I just wanted to remind us that this world is not to remain the way we see it now.. Still, I'm worried about how much of surprise it will be for many when all these actions become active, because somehow I suspect many settings and changes we've seen recently could be misunderstood and we're living in oblivion.

I hope those actions get active soon.. and BTW, my char is getting ready for it!. I want to see chars exposed to dangers, death, etc.. I want to see our characters united in groups to survive, to fight the wild, to be aware of the nature of everything around and finally, play roles accordingly. It is very hard right now to RP (again, IMO) simply because there's a lack of actions to backup them adequately. Mainwhile, it would be wise to check if the path is pointing the right direction and not the 'right way'.

Ciao, pescao!

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 03:47:37 pm by Waoknie »

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2008, 05:46:10 pm »
Katyira will be happy to know that if /he/she/ pays attention there are some things going to help the outlaw/rebel/rogue types. Keep your ear to the ground folks.