Author Topic: PVP Villages XD  (Read 3146 times)

bloodedIrishman

Re: PVP Villages XD
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2010, 03:21:43 am »
I do not dislike it. I am saying it is not feasible.

It will one day be possible to build your own house, but you'll never be able to own your own village, since the villages in PS are set in the game settings. Also the pillage and burn thing, although fun, would cause countless problems.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:24:00 am by bloodedIrishman »

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
um, yes it is. why not?

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2010, 10:49:29 pm »
It will one day be possible to build your own house, but you'll never be able to own your own village, since the villages in PS are set in the game settings. Also the pillage and burn thing, although fun, would cause countless problems.

Zalya

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2010, 11:06:38 pm »
Invokes thoughts of a Planeshift RTS ;D
(23:25:58) Elady says: Zalya are you trying to eat a ruby?
Zalya's RP likes and Dislikes

Illysia

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:42 pm »
This won't work because there won't be enough player support to bother setting it up. That's what happened with the open PvP areas. Unless a lot of players commit to running it I doubt this will ever be done even though players owning areas was initially part of the PS plan. That's not even touching the burning it down part...

However, if places like the Banished Camp were used more often for RP, the Devs might decide to put in more places like that which groups of players can claim as their own. Then they can announce that when they log on that they will be defending the area and players that are so inclined can come and attack it. If the attackers win they can RP burning the place down and running out the inhabitants.

Nivm

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 12:39:29 am »
 Heh, player support, [sarc]why would they need to care about that[/sarc] when working on their art?
 I assume that such a thing could be done in a few years. There is source code floating around the internet that would go a long way to implement this group of features, even if they were only used as study material.

So, it would be the ability to create buildings in PvP areas, and the ability to destroy them. The ability to hire NPCs, station them, and give them orders. The ability to place an inventory in a building or an NPC that the NPC understands how to access for trade. The creation and destruction of the buildings would probably be handled by the same server that controls the NPCs, so that as long as the village is destructible, the NPCs can defend it.