Author Topic: End of the World?  (Read 8157 times)

Waoknie

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: End of the World?
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 03:27:42 pm »
If I had a way of choosing the way, this one is first on my list..

I just wish I could plan to be at the beach when it comes.. enjoying one of my favorite endulgements, or perhaps a few of them combined. And then...

fóssh!

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 03:28:33 pm »
I think I prefer this site for keeping me up to date on whether the LHC has destroyed the earth or not. This other one you guys mentioned earlier has far less interesting source code. ;)
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

Anumesa

« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 03:34:50 pm »
Theres always the poles switching too XD

Edig

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2008, 03:55:42 pm »

Remember life is short. It is best to forgive and forget. The person that you forgive just might be the one to make the most difference in your life.
You never know. Do not miss your chance.

hmmmm....

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2008, 04:17:12 pm »
Of course a person must wait to be asked to be forgiven if they think they have done nothing wrong  :)

Life is full of many different people. We have to take advantage of what we can learn from those we meet to continue on our journey. Some lessons are hard and some are not. It can take a life time to figure it out. Each person has to think of whether it is worth it or not for their own selves. That is life.

Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2008, 04:47:51 pm »
I'm with Eliseth. Hit that button!

Edig

« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2008, 04:50:24 pm »
Of course a person must wait to be asked to be forgiven if they think they have done nothing wrong  :)

*Edig nods his head in agreement and goes to do other things rather than wait.*

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2008, 04:53:55 pm »
Why verden? Raa will not see her 20th birthday then. Why?

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2008, 05:15:39 pm »
You sillies, what are you worried about? The only person who is going to destroy the world is me. Now, if I were there going to push the button you'd have to worry. I'd probably sabotage the LHC to instead of create a minature universe, destroy our universe by making it implode on itself. Of course, I'm not any where near the machine, lucky for all of you, so you've nothing to worry about.  :P

(Or is this just a clever lie to trick you all until my apocalypse has started? Only time will tell.  :devil: )
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2008, 05:42:34 pm »
* Mathy Stockington laughs Duraza

Prolix

« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2008, 08:51:22 pm »
Nothing yet from this thing, I guess Swiss cheese takes time to set.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2008, 10:03:59 am »
Think about this carefully: if there was a button you could push that will end the world... would you push it? I would.

In the next five years most of you will be dead, appreciate what time you have left.
* Mathy Stockington patiently waits for Eliseth to explain this to me.

Eliseth

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Spiffirific
    • View Profile
    • Eliseth's Journal
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2008, 11:10:27 am »
Ok then, think about this. Humanity as a whole is really rather horrible. We destroy almost everything we come into contact with, mostly we only think about ourselves and even when we do things for other people, we do it for selfish reasons. You only need to look around at the world today in order to see that we're just not doing it right. Our entire way of life is flawed. Think of all the people who are happy, and then multiply that a couple of times and you'll get the people who are not. Most of us work all our lives to find that which makes us happy only to discover that it can't actually be found.

Now reading that you might think, wow, what a depressing outlook on life. This is true, however I consider myself one of the very few who are truly happy with who they are and where they are going. What saddens me however is that I know most people aren't, and trying to tell them how to be happy is useless, you can't. Happiness isn't something one can simply find, or be given. Happiness is a mindset that has to be discovered by oneself.

So, from my position, there are two possible solutions to ending the sick, cruel reality we live in. #1... end the world, or #2... do what I can to make those I come into contact just a little more positive and happy. #1 is impossible unless I had a few nukes at my disposal, so I'm forced to go with #2. This isn't a problem, I'm more than happy to do it, but it is a daunting task given some of the people I know.

So yes, if there was a shiny red button that will end the world, I would push it, and end the suffering I know is happening all over the world. I leave you with these words. You were given life, you didn't ask for it, but you have it now so make the best of it. Negativity is simply a lack of positivity, if everyone were a little more positive in the way they lived life, the distant dream of world peace might not be that distant.

hitancrias

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2008, 11:50:31 am »
Eliseth, I don't understand how you can say that you are more happy and positive than most other people and at the same time say that it would be best if everybody would be dead. Killing people is generally not considered helping them. Most people value life, even with all the misery around. Also, you say you 'have to make the best of the life you are given', again, I can only see contradictions...

Anyway, I'm happy you're not the president of a country with nuclear weapons. :p
And sorry for being off topic..
Hitancrias. Herbalist. Explorer.

verden

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2008, 12:06:17 pm »
I understand, Eliseth. We all contribute to mass killings everyday, of all manner of lives. We despoil and consume everything in sight. I would prefer a button that made us simply disappear from the planet, along with everything we ever created. Yeah, I'd hit it. I'd think about it for about a second. But then I would hit it. Nature would start again and maybe get it right the next time around. The planet has seen many mass extinctions, life always bounces back. Next time with the bees or beetles perhaps. Or maybe the cats. Who knows, but everything we have created is going to end some time and our own egotistical perspectives on how great we are don't matter one whit.