Author Topic: What is your character's race?  (Read 2981 times)

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
Re: What is your character's race?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 10:49:08 am »
Say, aren't we supposed to own just one account? I thought that was the idea of giving the mail and also a way to make sure bans work... Oh well.

Anyawy, I have 4 chars with the following races:
  • Sangwa -> Enkidukai;
  • Morwen -> Enkidukai;
  • Gartheiz -> Diaboli
  • Zelira -> Nolthrir.
I guess the enkies win.

I'd like having a dwarf-enkidukai while we're at mixing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 10:51:54 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Duraza

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • Want to know the truth now?
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 01:23:39 pm »
Say, aren't we supposed to own just one account?

If we are I'm totally screwed  :P

Anyways my characters are as follows:

Demorians (Xeonart)
Ynnwns (Saggi, Demoik, Nalirar)
Diaboli (Dakara)

If you see me play another race I can bet you thats a character I only created for a certain plot, not an actual character I use.
Saggi Lezeheso, The Whisper's Jest
Demoik and Rioqura, The Immortal Harrow
Vertum, Will of Dakkru

Duraza Darkom, Slayer of Kittens

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 02:32:46 pm »
This may be unrelated but I thought you would like to see it. Here is a list of the characters created by race since August of 07

| name               | sex | count(*) |
#
+---------------+-----+----------+
#
| Ylian                | M   |     8955 |
#
| Klyros               | M   |     8460 |
#
| Kran                 | N   |     6662 |
#
| Dermorian         | M   |     6633 |
#
| Enkidukai          | M   |     5552 |
#
| StoneBreaker    | M   |     4970 |
#
| Ynnwn             | M   |     3399 |
#
| Hammerwielder  | M   |     3226 |
#
| Enkidukai          | F   |     3188 |
#
| Diaboli              | M   |     2715 |

| Dermorian         | F   |     2680 |
#
| Xacha               | M   |     2231 |
#
| Lemur              | M   |     2086 |
#
| Nolthrir             | M   |     1529 |
#
| Ynnwn             | F   |     1313 |
#
| Nolthrir             | F   |      841 |
#
| Klyros               | F   |      814 |
#
| Diaboli              | F   |      635 |
#
| Ylian                | F   |      447 |
#
| Lemur              | F   |      327 |
#
| Xacha              | F   |      289 |
#
| StoneBreaker   | F   |       98 |
#
| Hammerwielder | F   |       66 |

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2008, 02:40:51 pm »
My hope for this thread is that the races will be improved upon for the bettermment of role play.

I am Hammerwielder, female. Unique, one of only 66. Though I am unique I do hope someday I will have the ability to use /sit and really be able to sit like my male counterparts.
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2008, 02:47:29 pm »
Now if we could have red Klyros with big horns, maybe as Klyros/Diaboli half-breeds, THAT would be awesome.

Yes!!! And an Enki-Klyros mix... Awsome^1,000! Imagine blue cats with scales & wings.

But...Klyros are reptiles. It'd take some sick, twisted mad science to cross them with mammals. o_O;
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

Earl_Listbard

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008, 03:13:52 pm »
If you showed active characters, however xillix. I'm willing to wager fu- ahem, enkidukai outnumber all other groups in activity.

Edig

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 03:26:42 pm »
... I'm willing to wager fu- ahem, enkidukai...

mmhmmm    ;)

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 03:39:52 pm »
Given what I see in-game, I would agree... [M|F]Enki's... seem to outnumber the other races.

Xillix, thanks for the stats. It is interesting to catch a glimpse of the backend of the game every now and then.

Can someone give an official answer on the issue of multiple accounts? With only 4 characters per account allowed... it seems a great many people would be in violation.

Also, is there a rule on mules/alts? Since most characters do not have houses, and you cannot "bank" your items... People on the forums suggest this practice often. People are told to offload items they aren't going to need, for the sake of not having to rest every other minute when traveling. Will there be a time in the not too distant future, where houses will be available to the masses?

Alerele Ahewenel

• Traveller
  • Yeah, I'm me. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
    • My planeshift related subdomain.
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2008, 07:46:09 pm »
Answering Mythryndel:

If someone has multiple accounts (not multiple chars but accounts) and using them for mining, trading among chars, or doing anything else... There is no official way to stop it. It is discouraged though. If people have the resources at hand to logon twice, thrice, or even more... Well, happy happy joy joy! But personally I think they should use their computing power for something else... Like Seti@home or whatever... I'd like to see "mules" run as fast as regular chars when the mines get raided by ulbernauts, or whatnot. And we've been cutting slack on all of you there.

For your information: If we see it fit when we raid a mine, we can steal from your pouches. And no way you could stop that from happening.

Having more than one character is encouraged though. Albeit only when they are used as alternate personalities. When used as mules, they might get raided just aswell. The risk of that is kinda low, in perspective.

The more accounts one has on line, the more risk they take. When we decide to take stuff, the extra accounts are more likely to be targetted.

By the way... Banking is implemented, and usable. Just with trias. So sell the stuff and put it in the bank. That way you're assured of your personal wealth.
Heisenberg's uncertainty principle: You never know if an Ulber is at his place or if he's killable. But it's there.

Farren Kutter

• Veteran
  • Death is only the beginning. Then true life begins
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2008, 08:30:07 pm »
Thank you very much I take it as a personal insult if anyone thinks I actually MINE for money. Only time I mine is on my character Redden, and even then it is trying to get the dang miners to RP :P

I have multiple accounts because I like to play many characters, sometimes several at one time. There's only so much time for me to roleplay, so I try to use as many of my characters at once as I can.

elachlan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 12:39:37 am »
Now if we could have red Klyros with big horns, maybe as Klyros/Diaboli half-breeds, THAT would be awesome.

Yes!!! And an Enki-Klyros mix... Awsome^1,000! Imagine blue cats with scales & wings.

But...Klyros are reptiles. It'd take some sick, twisted mad science to cross them with mammals. o_O;

A Wizard Did It!!!!!!

As for my characters

Theodred (Male StoneBreaker)

I would probably allow as many characters as you want on an account, just limit it to something like 50 or 100 to stop people from overloading the server on purpose.

To stop dual boxing though it would be wise to get transport in, or a spell to increase possible carry weight, or camels or donkeys or something to carry your stuff.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 12:45:26 am by elachlan »

Mythryndel

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 01:02:23 am »
Dual boxing? I run a 3 year old linux machine and had 3 clients simultaneously connected to my test server a couple months back. (I was trying to get an env set up to help the testing team... but RL got in the way).

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2008, 09:30:47 am »

Or some sort of sick, twisted mad evolution.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Zweitholou

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Art Department Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2008, 02:06:26 am »
Zweitholou Gutharen-Klyros
Zhaen Khizarri-Lemur
Barrdoch Rute-Kran
And a host of others that I have planned out for future use.

Satha

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Satha's Quarter
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2008, 03:57:40 am »
Ylian and Enkidukai, both are female.
There is at least one more that I've been humming and harring about making.. but I think I'll wait 'til I'm more happy with the ones I have. xD
*Signature Pending*