Author Topic: I have seen happiness.  (Read 1938 times)

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
I have seen happiness.
« on: October 28, 2008, 01:39:42 pm »
To put it simply. I have seen the physical manifestation of my happiness and the realization that things can only get better from here on in. I am buying this piece of heavenl on earth.
To most of you this probably says nothing. But i have been drooling over this since it came out. My old drum set(Lets not get into that) is more or less like a book on a table with the sounds it makes.
Also i have decided that there is a god.... Besides Bob Gatzen.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

Anumesa

Re: I have seen happiness.
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 01:46:12 pm »
OOOOOoooohhhh snazzy!!! ^.^

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 01:46:42 pm »
Nice. Quite nice. I've always been nervous with the thin hardware Pearl always has. I prefer the good sturdy Yamaha. Then again I've been out of that loop for about two or three years.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

Lokter Tarvitz

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Lokter Tarvitz- Reaver Pack Founding Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 04:10:59 am »
Nice. Quite nice. I've always been nervous with the thin hardware Pearl always has. I prefer the good sturdy Yamaha. Then again I've been out of that loop for about two or three years.

Parallo likes Drumming?  :o

Anyway, thats very nice... i still like my guitar though  :D

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/product/783c87cad0d1dd27d3412cfcf66edcf6.jpg
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 04:19:10 am by Lokter Tarvitz »

Team Fortress 2 FTW!

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2008, 04:49:41 am »
well, my gcc makes me pretty happy.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 12:00:22 pm »
Personally for guitars i prefer Telecasters. They have a nice clean sound. Either them or Gibson. Cause Gibsons simply ROCK !

Also i just now realize that this forum lacks a headbanging smiley.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 12:04:33 pm »
Also i just now realize that this forum lacks a headbanging smiley.

True.  I demand a Draklar-icon.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Rayken

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • postcount--;
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008, 12:24:33 pm »
Personally for guitars i prefer Telecasters. They have a nice clean sound.

Okay, you made me do it... This is my baby.  Before buying it I tried it against both a Fender American Standard and an American deluxe and it has a brighter, fuller tone than either.  I ordered mine with the natural finish, maple fretboard, and two single coil pickups.  It's not exactly metal, but with enough gain it sounds pretty heavy.  And the clean tones are to die for.  I ordered it online for about $600 USD, a lot less than the American Teles.
"Here's to lowering caskets of old friends choice and consequence we'll birth a new day with the death of an old and start over, start over.  Here's to burying hatchets in those who you'd never call your friend...we'll birth a new day with the death of an old day and start over, start over!"

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 12:36:14 pm »
Man... I am so envious of that little maple finish beauty(Give us a sample sound)... And the fact that you guitarists can get a decent thing for 600$.
I would so sell my soul if i could make drums cost the same as guitars.

Parallo

• Forum Addict
  • Ꞇíꞃ Luıᵹ̇ꝺeaċ
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008, 12:44:33 pm »
Personally for guitars i prefer Telecasters. They have a nice clean sound. Either them or Gibson. Cause Gibsons simply ROCK !

The guitarist in my band had a Gibson Special SG then he got a beautiful red American Telecaster.

Parallo likes Drumming?  :o

I was into drumming far before I was into gaming.
I suggest the statue of Laanx gets turned into a statue of Parallo <3. An NPC could never replace the huge hole he left in my heart when he died  :'(

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008, 02:07:09 pm »
Congratulations Entevir! The drum set is a beauty in deed!  :thumbup:

Quote from: Parallo

The company has started to build them a little more sturdy over the years but I still share your worry.

My baby is my flute. I am currently looking into guitar lessons. Since this is a similar thread to the topic does anyone have any idea what a good guitar is to get for a beginner? Something tells me the guy at the music store is just trying to sell me more costly guitars, and not what I actually need.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2008, 02:11:48 pm »
Costly guitars are actually a better buy.  Less scrupulous stores love to push cheap guitars because there's a better profit on them, and they know the customer will be back in six months to buy a better instrument.

The best advice I can give you is to go shopping with a friend who plays.
Immaturity is FTW.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2008, 02:16:05 pm »
Quote from: zanzibar
Costly guitars are actually a better buy.  Less scrupulous stores love to push cheap guitars because there's a better profit on them, and they know the customer will be back in six months to buy a better instrument.

:o Really? Wow, I am glad I asked then. And here I thought he was just trying to get more money and sell me something I truly didn't need.

Quote from: zanzibar
The best advice I can give you is to go shopping with a friend who plays.

Thanks, I shall take that advice.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2008, 03:47:53 pm »
Funny thing. I don't know about wherever you may be from but in Lithuania i know 27 guys who play guitar. And thats just the ones that REALLY play guitar. I know so many crap a dozen vocalist's it scares me. And then i know the entire bassist and drummer communities in my town... We make 8 people combined. Two drummers, six bassist's. Nice ratio eh ? I'd be stocked if i wanted to form a band but they just won't leave me alone.... Least i get treated to a beer more often then not.

And zorbels. Only thing to fear like the devil would be signature guitars and that sort of stuff. Just buy "Stock" guitars. Also it may be obvious but i suggest a Telecaster.

Oh and Parallo. What kind of set did you used to play on ? Maybe got some advice cause I'm still going through my options last minute before the buy.

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2008, 04:04:23 pm »
I don't see why a Telecaster should be obvious.  I personally dislike them.  Very thin and twangy, and I don't like how the necks tend to feel.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2008, 11:43:51 pm by zanzibar »
Immaturity is FTW.