Author Topic: need huge capacity storage  (Read 1567 times)

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
Re: need huge capacity storage
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 08:15:38 am »
What about coins?  Why don't they have any weight?
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

StitchedChin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 05:30:12 pm »
The key issue is lag right?  Fix the lag and you can probably organize the guild house with all that stuff pretty nicely, using shelves as weapon racks, closets for armor, crates for food and such.  Me, I say let the Bags of Unlimited Holding reign free!  We'll maybe for a price, say a million trias... :D

Gravemind

• Hydlaa Resident
  • aka Nhil Sould
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 09:26:48 pm »
I just had a slightly different idea - have a way of storing multiple containers as one game object, a sack holder of some kind
There is an alternative, more probable theory that 9/11 was in fact caused by Hanson's 1997 smash hit 'MMMBop.'

Unnamed_Source

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2008, 09:47:23 pm »
I just had a slightly different idea - have a way of storing multiple containers as one game object, a sack holder of some kind
A chest of drawers... but "sack holder" sounds good too.

Zontick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2008, 10:30:39 pm »
Erm... huh? I'm firmly against twinking myself, and storing that many items for a guild does seem to suggest just that. I'm not accusing or making a judgement call, but it does seem a bit overboard. I'm an advocate of people earning their stuff, but I also support in game economies to a point (as Castanova wrote of). Even so, a cluttered guild house sounds like someone needs to clean the house rather than worry about more shelves.

After all, things do spawn. That's how you got them in the first place. There is no shortage of cool stuff being spawned that I know of... unless you count when the server is down... ;-) Not my guild, not my problem, but my vote is that huge capacity storage is not necessary. Player discretion in what is kept is - and with a guild, doubly so.

Vornne

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2008, 08:04:20 pm »
Sack holders (container within container) are specifically disabled on the engine side, because they break the current container system, and would probably make it too complicated if adapted to work with that; you're much more likely to get containers with more capacity, as that's just modifying a few values in the database.

Can't find an existing report, so someone could add a feature request; then you'd just have to wait until one of the laanx admins have some extra time :whistling: ;)

yanom

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 12:03:16 pm »
A member of my guild proposed that guilds could rent out GuildCrates, basically big containers that only the guild can access. There would be 4 warehouses for these, one in Ojaveda, one in the Bronze Doors, one in Hydlaa, and one in Gurgrontid. I suppose you could have more than one guildcrate, and so you could put everything that doesn't fit in the house in guildcrates. Also, each warehouse would have an NPC that could lead you to you guild's crate(s), because these warehouses would probably be PACKED with crates.

Unnamed_Source

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2009, 02:14:23 am »
See this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgN5gCuLac and tell me it if it doesn't pertain to this discussion.

And now for something completely different..

What about coins?  Why don't they have any weight?
"Ah jeeze, I can't train the umteenth level of magery cause I don't have the strength to lift all the mulla I need." said the scrawny wizard that didn't think he needed strength since he wielded the power of the Gods with the wiggle of his pinky... "I guess  I'll have to use my seven mules... er, I mean.. apprentices stationed all around me next to the trainer."

But yeah go ahead, give the money weight, I don't play a wiz so I don't give a hoot.. but I'll bet you a million that soon after we'll get people wishing for paper currency.

yanom

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2009, 05:20:17 pm »
but I'll bet you a million that soon after we'll get people wishing for paper currency.

even if we don't give money weight, we could have paper currency for amounts like 500 and 1000.