Author Topic: When did we decide the game was too easy?  (Read 1431 times)

neko kyouran

Re: When did we decide the game was too easy?
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 10:04:08 am »
It used to be, the road past the magic shop lead to one map named "the wilderness" which on the other side, was Akk.

Then when more wildy maps were completed, things were moved around some, and as it was explained at that time, Akk was never in the right place, but the correct connecting maps just weren't finished yet so it was put where it was put so it could be at least used in game for things.  Once the connector areas were finished and made ready, things got moved around to where they more properly should be.

It was never a "lets make the players run farther because we're evil" thing.  Simply a "time to move things where they should be" thing.

I suspect that things aren't still where they should be and that other in between maps and stuff will be added in as develop continues.  But that's a Settings dept. thing, and they are good at keeping secrets.  Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens eh?

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 12:43:36 pm »
And to Add to Neko's statement of where things should be It is my understanding that Gugrontrid will be moved to a lower level at some point in the future, Being that the settings background on the main site states that each level is mostly occupied by a single race, with alot of intermingling for sure, So I figure Gug will be moved to the next level down or further. I cannot remember what the back story says specifically but that The Ylians founded Hydlaa on the main level, somewhere it was mentioned that the Enki were a outcast/solitair society so built in the far reaches of the dome. And that the Nolthir occupied the lower lake levels. So correct me in my geography being that it is a foggy memory of more than a year ago. And None have travelled there yet anyway.

zorbels

• Forum Addict
  • Screenshot Queen of PS - EX GM - Strawberries <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 02:33:05 pm »
Now I am confused. Ojaroad1 + Ojaroad2 were only one "ojaroad" before? Must have been more than 2 years ago.. (even before the bronze doors were added).

Yes, it was before the Bronze door region was added. There was only one road to travel on with it branching off into different area's, like the magic shop for example.
   I've been outside, it's overrated and the graphics suck!

Bamko

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 12:26:42 pm »
Zanzi,

I think to answer your original question: Neither.  I think it was decided on, but not by vote nor did it just happen. 

The rest of the... discussion... seems to be more of a personal response to how people asssume you are trying to imply something bad. 

Relax people.  A fair question,   One I had asked many times in many formats.

How does things get decided in this game anyway?

I am not on insider, but Talad is the final word, but hard to contact and influence, a few others (Devs leaders for example) also have a large range of influence.  They to have many ways ofhearing ideas and many try to have an open mind, though you wont get shotguns or lazers, (I dont think anyway)  Some dont like ideas posted in forums, but want you to post it as a feature request in bugtracker.  Some dont think it should be posted in Bugtracker until it is fully discussed in forum. 

I read somewhere the reccommended procedure was to post as feature request in bugtracker, and then quickly make a post in wishlist in forum with a link to the bugtracker feature request.

but if only you want it, it is not likely to happen, and if the leaders dont like it at all, It won't happen.  But you have a lot more influence than in any other game I know of that you can play!  If it is a good idea, you can build support for it.  But remember, ultimately, it is their garden.  We can tell them what we would like them to plant, and they even let us play in their garden, but ultimately, it is Talad's.  Pretty neat garden IMO.

edit: note : http://hydlaa.com/smf/index.php?topic=34304.msg394123#msg394123

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:36:10 pm by Bamko »

thorgrin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2008, 01:59:51 pm »
And to Add to Neko's statement of where things should be It is my understanding that Gugrontrid will be moved to a lower level at some point in the future, Being that the settings background on the main site states that each level is mostly occupied by a single race, with alot of intermingling for sure, So I figure Gug will be moved to the next level down or further. I cannot remember what the back story says specifically but that The Ylians founded Hydlaa on the main level, somewhere it was mentioned that the Enki were a outcast/solitair society so built in the far reaches of the dome. And that the Nolthir occupied the lower lake levels. So correct me in my geography being that it is a foggy memory of more than a year ago. And None have travelled there yet anyway.

Another example could be the future Amdeneir. I guess that when it will get implemented (If there aren't really big changes around), it'll be in the first level. But it should be moved to the 6th level since Kylros feed from "sea" products, i believe that it will be moved after have the in between levels..
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 02:01:25 pm by thorgrin »
"If the mine is mine, it should only be mined by my miners. If my mine is mined by miners that aren't mine, my mine is no longer mine."

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2008, 10:14:05 pm »
Without getting too far into it, Gugrontid and Amdeneir are meant to be - and will stay - on the Dome level. Lower levels may or may not contain similar race-predominant cities and towns. I'm not authorized to say very much about the methods of development.

In regards to the Enkidukai being on "the far reaches of the Dome," keep in mind that the Dome level is still circular in shape and thus has no "far reaches" ...or could it be that every place is a far reach?  :detective:

thorgrin

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2008, 09:48:32 am »
Without getting too far into it, Gugrontid and Amdeneir are meant to be - and will stay - on the Dome level. Lower levels may or may not contain similar race-predominant cities and towns. I'm not authorized to say very much about the methods of development.
Oh, how good are my guessing skills!  :sweatdrop:
So I'll be guessing that the other two cities that were on the contest would be also in the dome. >o)
"If the mine is mine, it should only be mined by my miners. If my mine is mined by miners that aren't mine, my mine is no longer mine."

Jeraphon

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2008, 08:23:58 pm »
So I'll be guessing that the other two cities that were on the contest would be also in the dome.

Correct. There are several places which discuss some cities of the Dome: one is a merchant you can talk to, and another is a book on the Vigesimi. Since they are included in the canon, they are not going to be moved to other levels.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 08:25:30 pm by Jeraphon »

Hrothbert

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2008, 12:00:43 pm »
Amdemir I understand staying on the dome level because it has yet another set of Bronze doors near by, as well as the other two and the only entrances to the stone Labrynths are on the first level that does make sense, Gugrontrid can fit an stay well on the first level being that the first level is the largest and in no need of more space, It was just an observation that it may be moved from its current location. As far as far reaches of the Dome level it would depend on which side of center you are on that would be considered the far reaches, if everything is judged from hydlaa then anything on the other side of center near to the the edge of the dome would be considered far reaches. So for any future cities that are on the dome we may start seeing them being set where they belong and are going to stay, especially those tied to the Bronze doors Fortresses.