Author Topic: [Guild] The Ineffably Insoucient -- Anarchistic Alliterates.  (Read 2116 times)

bilbous

[Guild] The Ineffably Insoucient -- Anarchistic Alliterates.
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:14:16 pm »
This guild has one leader and a bunch(?) of followers none of whom care much about anything. There are two ranks The Leader and Everybody Else.
Our motto is "Anh, so what?"
We do not recruit but anyone can join, this means that all ranks will have invite privileges, in fact most privileges will be open.
Members will be allowed to create alliances on a whim but no member will be required to respect it.
Members will not be allowed to start wars. Any alliance which involves going to war will be repudiated.
The proper approach to playing a member of this guild is to believe that nothing really matters so only do what you feel like.
Members running afoul of the laws of Yliakum will officially be unsupported. Members may support other members in this position if they like but they too will get no guild support.

Edit:
After some thought I have decided on a new purpose. This guild will be chaotic in nature as befits its founder. To that end the guild name will change at random intervals, always to some other alliterative adjective-noun combination. Members will be allowed to suggest new names which will be adopted or not at the leaders whim. If you choose to follow a chaotic god or use chaotic magic that is your prerogative. It will not be required. If you happen to follow an outlawed god there is no need to mention it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2009, 05:20:22 am by bilbous »

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [guild] The Ineffably Insoucient
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 02:17:30 pm »
And I assume you're mocking my guild in some way from this unintelligible post?

bilbous

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 02:19:23 pm »
You are welcome to think that if you like, just one thing though: who are you and what guild are you talking about?

Oic, I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 02:21:18 pm »
Nevermind then, but this is definitely a pathetic attempt at mocking something. >.>

bilbous

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 02:28:20 pm »
Ahn, so what?

Entevir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:04:53 pm »
Actually i disagree. This is an awesome idea for a guild. Just think of the potential for mass WTFness. Its simply... Confusing.
If I stand on the axis of the world will you mind if I say that the world revolves around me ?

bilbous

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:14:30 pm »
Well apparently my lack of guild knowledge was showing as only leaders are allowed to make alliances due to the mechanics. Doesn't really matter though.
Guild is up and running, if I get bored I'll change its name without notice. :)
At the moment none of the members can be bothered to create a web page for it. Not too surprising considering they are all me.

Prolix

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2008, 04:18:09 pm »
Just thought I'd add that I'll be using this as a vehicle to solicit donations towards a guildhouse to be used as a flophouse homeless shelter. I probably still won't get in the game much so you won't likely have to be bothered too much about it..

Prolix

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2008, 06:11:23 pm »
That's ok, I don't care.

Adj.   1.   ineffable - defying expression or description

insouciant
Adjective
carefree or unconcerned 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2008, 06:13:27 pm by Prolix »

Prolix

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2008, 06:23:49 pm »
perhaps you should find a member and ask to join then....
If the description don't fit, I will not submit!

Prolix

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2008, 06:43:59 pm »
I don't know ,if you refuse to change regardless of the consequences can you really be said to care? "I don't care what you say, I am not going to agree!"
then again this is getting almost like I am trying to recruit....

Prolix

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 09:18:42 pm »
Some people ought to be committed, and they would fit right into this guild.
Anyone want to donate 10-20M tria so I can buy a guild house the GMs could force me to sell?
My old mammy used to say "If it is worth having it is worth asking for" besides ol' Klozhie needs a place to do laundry so she don't have to go down to the river anymore and get her (r)socks off the rocks.

bilbous

Re: [guild] The Ineffably Insoucient -- Anarchistic Alliterates.
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2008, 01:39:10 am »
Purpose updated, this is a work in progress. Haphazard but on-going.

Orgonwukh

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2008, 09:33:10 am »
I think this is a new and unique idea for a guild in Planeshift. Denying the given guild hierarchy and the common goals is a nice idea. I am curious how this will work.

Prolix

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2008, 12:19:18 pm »
Well given that I am not planning to go around asking people to join, it will be almost like not having a guild at all, currently all five members are my characters. Seeing that it has a chaotic nature it is not impossible that I will actively try to recruit somebody sometime in the game. I do not plan on refusing anyone asking but cannot categorically rule out that possibility either. It may be that it will turn out to have some sort of common interest or traditions just because some charismatic member brings it to the guild and the others decide to adopt it for whatever reason. Prolix, for example has his Octarchal Advisory schtick (COACT) that may come into play using the guild for support. It would be nice to have some other members just to qualify to have a guild hall but it is not required, I do wonder how many players need to be involved to satisfy this restriction. Certainly bilbous will not be able to gather several millions all on his own and most of the other characters are little more than mules.
Krakatoe might be able to contribute if it was possible to get a coal service going but given the low requirement for this mineral I do not really see it happening.
Klozhie might be able to start a laundry business but I cannot imagine there would be much money in that.
Gerory (whatever his name is) is pretty much a blank slate.

So Bilbous is the economic heart of the guild and prolix might be able to beg for donations. This is going nowhere fast :)

Suits me fine.

If you fell like you might have a suitable member talk to bilbous in the game or pm me, I do not use the bilbous forum account too often anymore.