Author Topic: Naming sacks  (Read 1726 times)

pseudoprometheus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Naming sacks
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2009, 02:12:48 pm »
Added my vote too.  :D

As for the difficulty of naming items (since that's how they're identified by the server), why not add tags to the items to distinguish them from others?  For example (with custom descriptions thrown in too):

Name:  Sack (23247)  <--[like Mythryndel suggested.]
CustomName:  Lunch sack  <--[Replaces name shown in Examine window, but for server purposes, remains distinct from the item's actual name.]
Description:  A sack
CustomDescription:  A warm sack filled with steaming, freshly-cooked food purchased from a vendor in the Hydlaa Plaza.<--[Replaces generic item Description in Examine window.]

Items with custom names could automatically be deemed unstackable (to address an issue mentioned on the bugtracker item), whereas unnamed items would adhere to the default stacking behavior.

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 10:35:54 pm »
Naming sacks would be very good also while you have many of them in inventory, some full and some empty and you want to sell some - then it is hard to guess which one you are selling.

Eagel

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Eagel's site
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 04:07:42 pm »
Oooh!  :o

Sorry for duplicating, I did searched topics looking for Containers and Bags... but sacks  :-\
That's why I didn't saw this thread and started a new one.

Sorry again.

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 06:09:00 pm »
My question would be:

What is the obstacle(s) in the way of having the ability to name sacks put in-game?