Author Topic: Missing chat log on Vista --Solved--  (Read 458 times)

nerdful1

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Missing chat log on Vista --Solved--
« on: January 17, 2009, 01:58:31 pm »
Update:********Was looking under wrong user. Vista assigned 2 users with the same name, one an alias to the root/admin. my fault. Moderator remove this post, I can't seem to find out how.**********

I have been playing PS on Vista for awhile, and my characters used to have a chat log.
I just tried the new ezpcusa server, and started the quest for mining 5 tins. I forgot where I left off last night, and looked for the log.
It shows my char from the old server, but is a short chat log from last July only, probably when I first installed and tried it. I usually play on PCLinuxOS boxes.
it is supposed to be in user/appdata/roaming/planeshift/log.
edit:
I thought it was due to the new server, but now I notice it does not make logs for either my old chars on the old server, or my new char on the ezpcusa server.
Oh, the logs are created ok on my PCLinuxOS systems.
in Linux I can see game action and errors going on in a term window.
Where in Vista do I find error logs. I'd like to know if it is trying to crate a chat log, but can't due to permissions or something.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:13:51 pm by nerdful1 »

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
Re: Missing chat log on Vista
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:57:00 pm »
have you verified the path is correct by launching the client in --console mode? the first few lines will tell you where your logs and configuration files are located. Also many users use vista with no issues related to this.