Author Topic: Any tips for the sticky road?  (Read 1969 times)

nerdful1

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: Any tips for the sticky road?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »
I will report that I just tried the oja road, and it is smooth. I don't know if it is related, but i re configured ps folder and cs folder with the --enable-debug argument. On the existing install, not starting over. I never saw anything reported as debug, just ran the game. Maybe a placebo effect :) will report back after finally enjoying the game after weeks.
Also finally running on PCLinuxOS2009.1
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:40:29 pm by nerdful1 »

Maju

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 10:31:53 pm »
It's not smooth for me at all (running on Ubuntu, AMD Athlon 64 CPU, nVidia GE Force 6x)  :(

I crash all the time (in game - well some days are better than others but way too often anyhow) and have problems of really annoying stickinness like the described here in all roads (but not in cities or tunnels, nor in some outer map areas like the iron mine near Oja).

Seems it worked better when the NPC server was down (though I did not play much in that lapse, so I'm not sure if related). Some days I noticed very normal walking/running at Oja road but now it's back to the horrible stickiness.

Also I do not understand the tricks suggested to fix the issue. Guess I could reinstall as windows, as I have the Wine installed but if I have to do something else like "-Oo" (whatever that means), then I'm totally lost. You may wonder: why someone with no C++ or Unix knowledge like me uses Ubuntu? Simple: the cheapest PC I could find came with it installed - and I had heard it was "Linux for dumbs" so...

So what should I do? Reinstall with the Widnows version and run it under Wine? Will that fix the problem?

Sen

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 02:57:01 am »
Hello

additionally you can also try http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=35424.0
So there's some choice in how to solve the issue  :) If you need help with one it would b a good idea to also come to irc for easier communication.

Sen
.....also a saddle that won't pinch the tail. One day!