Author Topic: Role Play Ideas  (Read 3577 times)

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
Re: Role Play Ideas
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2009, 03:20:23 am »
The Octarchy is there for a reason and you'll realise why the Octarchy is very difficult to unseat/overthrow/disconcert as the story unfolds
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2009, 06:41:20 am »
What I would love to see is a role play that includes everyone. Make it like so that the people are part of a community. Say you do have an election and need to get the word out. There could be people who will tell others about what the 'mayor' proposes to do [food for everyone, jobs for everyone, keeping violence under control] and then another could run against him saying he would do a better job. The gossip about the two could spread [one is corrupt and yet the other was caught steeling something]. The actual voting process is another role play in itself. Then this can continue once the election is done by having the actual 'mayor' doing his job. It is a big role play that could last a long time. I think it could be fun. Persistence is key here so that the role play does not die.

Also Mordraugion I would not think this would unseat or overthrow The Octarchy. It could bring the role players together.

These are my ideas. I would love to hear other ideas.
Life is lived forwards, but understood backwards

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2009, 04:20:49 pm »
Would work well for Ojaveda or Gugrontid I think.

Where the Octarchy doesn't already have a Vigesimi and the towns aren't exactly large like Hydlaa.

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 08:39:51 pm »
Maybe my ideas could be modified to fit into the larger towns. How?

Prolix

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 10:13:28 pm »
You can't have a mayor or other political leader because they are already in place as npcs. You can have a citizens' committee or neighborhood watch kind of thing that has no official status that, with sufficient player support, can make the officials take notice. You may not appreciate whatever response they choose to take.

If you want the whole political thing you can have your pressure group be democratic and hold elections for organizational positions within the group.

This is the kind of thing COACT is but I am not interested in actually putting any effort into it.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2009, 11:41:50 pm »
So, who is mayor of Ojaveda and who is mayor of Gugrontid?

Never come across them ingame.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2009, 11:51:07 pm »
Yliakum operates on a Ochtarch/Vigesimi system.  I don't believe there are any mayors.

There is a Vigesimi in Hydlaa.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2009, 01:31:12 am »
Yeah, but that's like saying small towns don't have mayors because there is a big city nearby.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 09:40:41 am »
Lolitra was looking for some domestics at one time did she ever get any?

The Royal House of Purrty is alive. And as usual, has rather more issues to solve than time to follow their original "in-house" plots. But we still don't mind new house members. Preferably reliable, present members.

I can only agree: People have their plots, they have a lot of imagination. If you just sit and wait in a place where people usually meet, you can hardly avoid being dragged into one or another roleplay.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2009, 11:03:42 am »
Maybe my role play idea does not work. Give me another idea that will work to bring us all together.

Prolix

« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2009, 11:35:23 am »
The vigesimi of Gugrontid is on the top level, Ojaveda's is quarantined in one of the inaccessible dsar's, if I am not mistaken and the Winch's vigesimi is behind his desk on the second floor of the main winch building. Like I said, though, you could form citizens committees to deal with the officials but those people (NPCs) are unlikely to care about you unless you create a significant amount of noise.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2009, 12:36:37 pm »
Yeah, but that's like saying small towns don't have mayors because there is a big city nearby.

No my point is that there are no "mayors".  There are 20 Vigesimi for the Dome, so it makes sense that each city will have at least one.  But they wouldn't have a mayor.
http://caamasi-disciples.com - A SW:TOR Republic guild focused on casual players who want to play "the Good Guy."

Mathy Stockington

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2009, 01:45:55 pm »
All I am saying is that someone should know enough about this game, being that I do not, to come up with an outstanding role play to bring the masses together.
* Mathy Stockington waits for an idea from someone.

enderandrew

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • Caamasi Disciples
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 02:06:22 pm »
Go with what fits your character and what you want to do.  People will get involved or not, as they feel is appropriate for their characters.

In the beginning of the fifth epoch, there was an incident where the Ylians decided to claim ownership of the land and cause some grief.  Only the top two levels are really good for agriculture, and as the population of all the races grows, there is only so much land and food to go around.

Maybe your character is concerned that war might brew between the races again.  Perhaps you're afraid the Ylians will try to claim most of the first level again.  Maybe you want to beat them to the punch by organizing your race into trying to make a land grab.

Kangold D

• Traveller
  • RP VIOLATION
    • View Profile
    • The One Guild Forum
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2009, 02:58:42 pm »
All I am saying is that someone should know enough about this game, being that I do not, to come up with an outstanding role play to bring the masses together.
* Mathy Stockington waits for an idea from someone.

Bring the masses together---that's the historic mission of The One, the guild of equals who recognize that progress lay in communal ownerships of the land. Competition among the masses will only result a loss of power for us all for the Ochtarchy who has always derived it's strength by keeping the masses divided and exploiting every division for immediate and long-term profit could not do so if we were all united against them as they are against us.